You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mark van Bommel

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fa » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:43 pm

i was just wondering about the possition of VanBommel.. think he has lots of defensive skills but not so sure about his offensive skills.. he should have come to Bayern last year, because at Barca they think he is not good enough.

Personnally i think you can best compare VanBommel with Effenberg, a real pain in the ass for the opposing team but a real leader for Bayern..
our chances in CL just increased :D
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:45 pm

fa wrote:our chances in CL just increased :D

A lot too... but they're still pretty low :(
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Great news! He is a good leader and I hope he will play well for Bayern :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:34 pm

Well, it's not looking as bad.

Kahn is playing better than last season (when he was under tension because of the Germany goalkeeping dispute), the defence is stronger with van Buyten and with Lahm getting better, the attack is stronger with Podolski, the midfield... well, Schweinsteiger has improved and so has Hargreaves. As for Ballack, we'll miss his skills, but instead we have one who's a better leader. All in all I think we could be stronger this season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:18 pm

I was told he did well at PSV then bombed at Barca. If he's a good player though, that's all I'm interested in. And they really need a leader so that's even better.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Yeah, he was a superb leader at PSV, but he had some problems at Barca.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:04 am

I really used to consider Sagnol as the second best player of Bayern after Ballack..
now ofcourse he is first..;)
he is full of running...and IMO he is the best right back...in the world...he is not that popular..just because he doesn't play in one of the so called TOP leagues and TOP teams....

and schweini is CLASS...

I don't consider..Demichelis world class. Hargreaves is very good..full of energy...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:06 am

Borowski would have been better..as we he two really good defensive midfield players....in hargreaves and Demichelis..
but Van Bommel is NOT AT ALL BAD..
he was very good at PSV...he screwed himself up joining BARCA..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:38 am

fanOfBayern wrote:Borowski would have been better..as we he two really good defensive midfield players....in hargreaves and Demichelis..
but Van Bommel is NOT AT ALL BAD..
he was very good at PSV...he screwed himself up joining BARCA..

Well, now he has a fresh start at Bayern so yeah....
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:42 am

Yeah...lets hope he does well..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:15 am

I don't think Borowski is better at all. What we needed is a leader, someone who could fit in the shoes of Effenberg. Ballack didn't. van Bommel could...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:40 am

Why don't you consider Demichelis world class?

a few people have mentioned Van Bommell taking up the effenberg mould, but I honestly don't think we'd have to look past demichelis, in the past two seasons he's really come into his own, he virtually stopped frings getting a game at bayern, and I think he'll be pivotal in magaths plans if he decides to revert to three at the back when ismael comes back
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:04 pm

He should has gone to Bayern last season !! then we would have signed him for almost nothing. now we have to pay 6-12 million for him.

i was really surprised that Bayern spend so much this season..
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:28 pm

kevh26 wrote:Why don't you consider Demichelis world class?

a few people have mentioned Van Bommell taking up the effenberg mould, but I honestly don't think we'd have to look past demichelis, in the past two seasons he's really come into his own, he virtually stopped frings getting a game at bayern, and I think he'll be pivotal in magaths plans if he decides to revert to three at the back when ismael comes back

Magath had an attitiude problem with Frings....Frings is LOTTTT better than Micho..

Micho is average...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:34 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Magath had an attitiude problem with Frings....Frings is LOTTTT better than Micho

Frings was a good player both before and after he joined Bayern. When he played for Bayern though, he played badly. Most times he was our worst player on the pitch. Demichelis has his ups and downs, but whilst on an up, he is excellent.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion