You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Mandžukić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:04 am

So far this has been a routine transfer season..and i doubt Bayern are thinking of playin dual striker formations with Mandzukic, i cudnt think of anyone in our startin eleven who i wud take of for Mandzukic.....i hope Bayern find a better striker than him in the future or Nils gets better on loan :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:14 am

By the way! So far the plan to buy Mandzukic to save for Martinez is a fail....

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/06/26/3202667/javi-martinez-is-worth-40m-says-athletic-bilbao-president

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Mario Mandžukić

Postby BayernLove » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:51 am

Can I kill myself now? >.<
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Mario Mandžukić

Postby armbrust » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 am

In the end we all kwen Dzeko price tag was unrealistic, we have never pay so much for a player who doesnt have a clear spot in the starting line up. This mario seems much more according of the type off players we ussually buy. But tbh with Pizarro i though we were ok with strikers.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am

armbrust wrote:This mario seems much more according of the type off players we ussually buy.

Yeah, another Roque Santa Cruz...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 am

Mandžukić in Bayern, wow... Croats continue to wear Bayern kits. :) Hope he will be much better than in Wolfsburg unless the high pressure effects on him, but I belive he will as an every Croat give all his best to be great, to fight for the place and minutes on the field.

He is far from somekind of Santa Cruz. The Paraguayan has never build great career, besides, he only had a 1st season in Blackburn fantastic, today he is 6th striker.

I'm pleased with this transfer because I really don't know which player would cost us under 25-30 mil. € and have a salary as Mandžukić, sitting on bench, etc.

Our board bought excatly what they have on mind to bring here to solve a striker problems. Olić gone, Pettersen almost gone, too, experienced Pizarro is coming, young and full of energy Mandžukić is coming to us.

I wanted Lavezzi since his trasfer status is for sale, but our board haven't looked for him ever and Napoli' wanted price is 31 mil. €, too much for Bayern. Agüero impossible, more expensive than Lavezzi, Tevez no, every great forward - NO!

Mario is logical sequence of board actions. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Toni88 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:30 am

Mia san mia
Toni88
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:33 am

FCB general wrote:He is far from somekind of Santa Cruz. The Paraguayan has never build great career, besides, he only had a 1st season in Blackburn fantastic, today he is 6th striker.

Well neither has Mandzukic.

FCB general wrote:Mario is logical sequence of board actions. :|

This I agree with. Our management's criteria for getting a striker are something like:

1. Height
2. Body Mass
3. Inability to overtake and/or put pressure on Gomez
4. Current League
5. Euro 2012 performance
6. Price
7. Not young
8. No new skills to add up to our already enviable striker skill bag
9. Not his team star
10. etc.

Of course I would happily admit I was wrong if he scored our 2nd goal in our 2-0 CL final win agaisnt Man City next campaign....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 am

MoFattal wrote:Well neither has Mandzukic.

But he still can do it. Mario is 2 seasons in Germany and still has a lot of time do make something. Santa Cruz all these years had not. Perhaps that's the only difference between them. In some skills Mario is far better than Cruz, speed, playing with ball, high workrate...

Not everyone are happy about this board decision to bring Mandžukić. Some croatian fans welcome this transfer, some of them not.

I have had my wish to see Lavezzi since March or April but nothing, absolutely nothing happened about that by the side of our board. These all players what we have agreed for next season, most of them are just for the bench and not maybe the best solutions for CL, but they are better than a last one who were there sitting.

For Germany this squad are Bundesliga and Pokal winners.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RAGHU » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 pm

RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 pm

This deal is done but just not yet announced. We should now look at Martinez.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm happy with this signing, a player who is proven he can handle the pressure in big games, and who wants to play for Bayern. Dzeko would have been whinging in 12 months time that he wasnt playing, and would be on maybe 120k a week, he wants to be playing, not sitting on our bench as apposed to Man citys bench. We are now much better attack wise than we were last season, we have much more depth, both our new strikers have proven experience/pressence, I would love to see Gomez/Mandzukic play together but i cant see it, not next year at least.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby kiam307 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Mandžukić is a good substitute, but what about the "bomb" striker?
What about "bomb" anything?
First they said they were gonna sign Bomb defender Höwedes - nothing
Then Bomb CDM Javi Martinez - nothing
Then Bomb striker Džeko - nothing

I hate to say it but I'm getting a bit tired of mediocre bench signings such as Dante and Mandžukić. What about a real signing?
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 pm

smaw2010 wrote:This deal is done but just not yet announced. We should now look at Martinez.

Bayern are not getting Javi for 40m a d the preside t has announced the release clause is for all clubs, this transfer season is not gonna be anythin special just more average players as of now.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby pavlos21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 pm

WTF?another b-class transfer?why?

we have a full bank.plus the millions we got and still getting from ours players that are in the euro2012.why not to spend then for good?

i dont think that madzukic had any chance to play for real or barca or even a top premier league club.why to play for us?
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion