You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Mandžukić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Mandžukić

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I would be surprised if Bayern do seal the deal this week, but if so then that definitely rules out getting Džeko.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:34 pm

München Minded wrote:I would be surprised if Bayern do seal the deal this week, but if so then that definitely rules out getting Džeko.

It rules out gettin a top striker for a long time....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:@Bayern Leb last time i checked Matias Suarez was the top scorer in the Europa league last year :P

So Europa league is better than Euro Cup and the Bundesliga ?

He is another Romelu Lukaku, he will be owned by the Bundesliga physical defenders.

I only watched a couple of Europa league games, but never one for Anderlecht. Did you ?

If thats the reason you want him that's ok. But other than that what do you see better in Luuk and Matias ?

OK I agree Dzeko is another level but so is his price.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I see more potential for greatness in Luuk(22 yrs old 20+ goals) and Matias(24 yrs old 19 goals 15 assits), while for Mandzukic I see a guy who has pretty much peaked in skill(26yrs old 12 goals and 10 assists) which i dont have to say is average at best...By the way! Thats Mandzukic best season stats in his whole career :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Element » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I see more potential for greatness in Luuk(22 yrs old 20+ goals) and Matias(24 yrs old 19 goals 15 assits), while for Mandzukic I see a guy who has pretty much peaked in skill(26yrs old 12 goals and 10 assists) which i dont have to say is average at best.

Luuk De Jong plays in a League where Edson Braafheid was voted as BEST Defender
Matias Suarez plays in Belgium

Stats are not really everything "look at many BIG PLAYERS" , besides 12 and 10 in wolfsburg is very good especially that he played Second Striker and RM in many matches

Mandzukic knows the Bundesliga , is proven here , and Did a Great JOB in Euro

and Also managed to Survive under Magath !!!!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:59 pm

As long as he proves me wrong in big games i wot be complaining and last year i was proven wrong a d i gotta great result!!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I see more potential for greatness in Luuk(22 yrs old 20+ goals) and Matias(24 yrs old 19 goals 15 assits), while for Mandzukic I see a guy who has pretty much peaked in skill(26yrs old 12 goals and 10 assists) which i dont have to say is average at best...By the way! Thats Mandzukic best season stats in his whole career :P

No thats not correct : Dinamo Zagreb:
2008–09 -----------16 goals > 12
2009–10---------- -14 goals > 12

-You cant compare goal numbers from the Bundesliga to goals from the Eredivisie & Belgian Pro League
-I Agree about the age but 26 means he still has 2 years to peak.
-May be I am wrong and Luuk become a top striker, but I watch the Eredivisie. Not impressive they have shitty defence.

You didnt answer my question, did you watch these guys and thus preffered them or only the age reason ?

I see it as follows : Dzeko>Mandžukić> De Jong (the other I never saw playing)
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

or what Element said :P
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Based on this transfer -- what does everyone think of Nerlinger's and Heynckes ideas of transfers? and are Bayern going too mediocre with transfers again? We are getting a large influx of transfers, but no really top class players except for Shaqiri (but its not like he's considered world class yet). It seemed at first we were linked to all kinds of top talent.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 pm

I cant say I am jumping through the roof at the moment...but I see this as good transfer...even if I wanted and still want Dzeko:)

But let's be realistic Dzeko was too expensive and would ask for high wages...and it is stupid to pay that much money for 2 strikers if 1 of them will sit on the bench.

All in all we have more quality in attack than last year...and we were one of the most offensive teams in the world last season.

Strikers 2011/12: Gomez, Olić [who was not himself anymore] and Petersen [who is not Bayern material]

Strikers 2012/13: Gomez, Pizzaro [who is a small update on Olić] and Mandžukić [who is much better than Petersen] and has some experience.

and than we have also have Shaqiri for Usami..which is also an update.

So in fact 3 offensive minded players departet and we got 3 new ones which are a little better. I can live with that.

We also made an update in our defense with Dante [who is an update for Breno]

All we need to do is get Martinez type of player who will update both CB and DM position and we are set for 4-5 years:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree that if we get martinez then this may count as a good transfer season. While there are updates to various positions -- considering most if not all of our bench positions needed a massive boost -- it seemed that any mediocre player was better than some bench players. Still has me worried, but an upgrade is an upgrade as you outlined. So maybe we just need to look it at it in those terms.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby SchweiniSchwagger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

The way I see it, Dante will be taking Alaba's place as a true defender, letting Alaba come in more as a midfielder, the role he has the most potential in. That will help solidify our back 4, which was, by all accounts, our weakness last season. And with Shaqiri and Pizarro already coming to Bayern, I see two more lethal attacking minds coming to us. If we were to add Mandzukic, our depth in attacking, a serious concern last season, is pretty much gone, and I could even see some experimentation with a dual-striker formation (at least in my dreams). When it comes down to it, I never really liked Edin Dzeko as an option. Too expensive, too high-profile. Gomez is our man up top, and Dzeko wants more playing time, not to continue being a substitute. If by some miracle, we are able to sign Martinez, I'd say this has been a damn good transfer season.
SchweiniSchwagger
First post

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm

SchweiniSchwagger wrote:The way I see it, Dante will be taking Alaba's place as a true defender, letting Alaba come in more as a midfielder, the role he has the most potential in. That will help solidify our back 4, which was, by all accounts, our weakness last season And with Shaqiri and Pizarro already coming to Bayern, I see two more lethal attacking minds coming to us. If we were to add Mandzukic, our depth in attacking, a serious concern last season, is pretty much gone, and I could even see some experimentation with a dual-striker formation (at least in my dreams). When it comes down to it, I never really liked Edin Dzeko as an option. Too expensive, too high-profile. Gomez is our man up top, and Dzeko wants more playing time, not to continue being a substitute. If by some miracle, we are able to sign Martinez, I'd say this has been a damn good transfer season.

Althouhg Alaba is great in the Midfield, he was ammazing as an LB. Dante lacks the speed and passing skills to link up with Ribery and I think our record was the best or 2nd best in the CL & BL.

Other than that you have a point.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby OhioFan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Second best, last match of the season.
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 am

Mediocre until proven top!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion