You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Mandžukić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Mandžukić

Postby FCB general » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm

I want Mario in our club. He is one beast who we need very much. Much better than Olić with the ball in his feet, great finishing, maybe speed is not the same as Olić', but workrate is the same.

New no. 17 in Munich, probably in my closet, too. New white jersey with his name and number, coming soon(I sencerly hope). :lol:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Murta » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Great thing about Mario Mandžukić is that he can pressure oppoennts defense really hard. He's a lot similar to Olić. I'd say he has potential to be even better than Olić because he has the skills. Olić was just a guy who had physical upside and who worked hard to accomplish what he wants.

They had similar career path because they were both making a small progress every year. I remember when he came to NK Zagreb from 2. Croatian league and his first appearance was against Hajduk in August of 2005. I was like "Why is this guy playing?! Bench him!" But, next year he was the best player in the club.
Then, he joined Dinamo as a replacement for Eduardo da Silva (went to Arsenal) and made immediate impact. He lead the team to UEFA Cup group stage. He scored two goals against Ajax in Amsterdam.
Later on, his coaches saw him as a wing, rather than a forward, but he's a natural striker. He could have progressed better in Dinamo, but Wolfsburg was a great choise for him.

Since he left Dinamo to join Wolfsburg he really improved his heading. He is natural at positioning but couldn't score from these opportunities. This year on Bundesliga Pur on Sport1 commentator said that Mandžukić scored most head goals in this Bundesliga season.

But he also imacts the game a lot. He can play (56 games, 20 goals and 13 assist), drible, play double-pass, and, as I said before, he impacts the game with his pressure.

I say we should get him. Džeko is definitely better striker, but Mandžukić is great fit for this team. He's a perfect bacup striker beacuse he can play with Gomez and replace Gomez if necessary. I don't like the idea of Gomez-Džeko duo. Too slow, too similar and with Robben, Ribery, Gomez and Džeko you have 4 guys who don't play defense.

Also, not unimportant, he's two times cheaper than Džeko.
Murta
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:57 pm

If this means the Martinez move going through, I am okay with it.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Mario Mandžukić

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Not happy...but if Bayern win the treble i will take all me words back :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Murta wrote:too similar and with Robben, Ribery, Gomez and Džeko you have 4 guys who don't play defense.

This is the only thing I disagree on. Ribery and Gomez help in winning back the ball these days, and if Dzeko and Gomez are competing for one spot probably Dzeko would too.

I found the part on his past before Wolfsburg very interesting. Thanks! :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:34 pm

FCB general wrote:I want Mario in our club. He is one beast who we need very much. Much better than Olić with the ball in his feet, great finishing, maybe speed is not the same as Olić', but workrate is the same.

New no. 17 in Munich, probably in my closet, too. New white jersey with his name and number, coming soon(I sencerly hope). :lol:

It is interesting how we are looking to replace Olić for another high work rate player, and the one thing Olić was criticized for was his ball control/skill -- so maybe the idea at Bayern was a better Olić, and not worry about Džeko since we already have Gomez
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm

If this transfer goes through within a week and for less than 15 million, I will be a very happy man!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Element » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:41 pm

I Personally Would Welcome this Transfer
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby bayern_fukara » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 pm

I would welcome this transfer for less than 15 mil. € if Bayern sign Javi Martinez, otherwise I'm against this transfer and I would like to see Dzeko in Bayern jersey.
bayern_fukara
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 pm

MUTU wrote:

I looked through this video, and although it isn't a fair comparison, all those goals could have been scored by any decent striker - i.e Petersen.

I know he is a hard worker, but is he he kind to link up with midfielders and create opportunities for others?

He had eight assists last season but I wasn't able to find videos of them.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 pm

With all due respect to the guy, this rumour means that we are going for mediocrity rather than world-class.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm

MoFattal wrote:With all due respect to the guy, this rumour means that we are going for mediocrity rather than world-class.

Rafihna anyone :cry: :cry: :cry:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BayernLeb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:With all due respect to the guy, this rumour means that we are going for mediocrity rather than world-class.

Rafihna anyone :cry: :cry: :cry:

Still better from Luuk De Jong and better than getting a guy who plays in the Belgic league.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby The Spyware » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 pm

That would be a very good transfer

I don't think we will splash 30+ million for a striker and we already have Gomez
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion