You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Mandžukić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Mandžukić

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:59 pm

MatZam wrote:
prasun77 wrote:When it comes to listing the all time great strikers only one bayern man makes it...Gerd Muller!strange...

Cough *Rummenigge* cough

Maybe not amongst the super ultimate top tier (which would basically be Muller and Pele) but he used to put the fear of God into opponents in his heyday, see no further than France-Germany 82 semi final.

What about Klinsmann???
1995–1997 Bayern Munich 65 games (31) goals
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 pm

:mrgreen:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Burko » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:44 pm

DerKaiser wrote:
MatZam wrote:
prasun77 wrote:When it comes to listing the all time great strikers only one bayern man makes it...Gerd Muller!strange...

Cough *Rummenigge* cough

Maybe not amongst the super ultimate top tier (which would basically be Muller and Pele) but he used to put the fear of God into opponents in his heyday, see no further than France-Germany 82 semi final.

What about Klinsmann???
1995–1997 Bayern Munich 65 games (31) goals

What about preGerd Müller scorer Rainer Ohlhauser? 286 games (186) goals
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby prasun77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Burko wrote:What about preGerd Müller scorer Rainer Ohlhauser? 286 games (186) goals

Woah that was new!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Woah...A twist in the tale the earlier quotes and comments turn out to be fake!
Original interview.NO MENTION OF GUARDIOLA! [source]
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby pyrasur » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Saw that too. Don't doubt Mario and Pep were not eye to eye all the time though. It's good to see Guardiola's relationship with Lewa is a lot more positive as Runaway showed!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:16 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Spoiler: show
Not that impressive, Croatia is a neighbor state to me. I'm not Basque. I'm from Montenegro but I'm not Montenegrin. :lol: I speak like 4 or 5 languages. Counting Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, as different languages I speak like 8 languages. This is BALKAN! :lol:

Mandzu had to leave, it wouldn't have been fair to keep him in the bench.

I didn't see this. :lol: :lol: So you speak mentioned 4, Albanian, English, that's 6. The last two are ...? German, Italian?

Well, so far I know how many... I guess some 5-6 languages of that 4 fluent and being learning another one. :mrgreen: Planing to learn one more and that would be 7-8.

We could learn Bulgarian, so we know almost Macedonian or Slovenščina to speak with @Scholl7. Well, if I learn one Croatian dialect, we would be able to know Slovenian. :D

Balkan - where people after first words speak automatically speak 4-5 languages. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:16 am

FCB general wrote:
JANCKER wrote:
Not that impressive, Croatia is a neighbor state to me. I'm not Basque. I'm from Montenegro but I'm not Montenegrin. :lol: I speak like 4 or 5 languages. Counting Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, as different languages I speak like 8 languages. This is BALKAN! :lol:

Mandzu had to leave, it wouldn't have been fair to keep him in the bench.

I didn't see this. :lol: :lol: So you speak mentioned 4, Albanian, English, that's 6. The last two are ...? German, Italian?

Well, so far I know how many... I guess some 5-6 languages of that 4 fluent and being learning another one. :mrgreen: Planing to learn one more and that would be 7-8.

We could learn Bulgarian, so we know almost Macedonian or Slovenščina to speak with @Scholl7. Well, if I learn one Croatian dialect, we would be able to know Slovenian. :D

Balkan - where people after first words speak automatically speak 4-5 languages. :mrgreen:

Perfect Italian, 'broken' Spanish, 'broken' French. I'd like to learn German, I won't die before I learn it.
It's not that hard once you learn one Latin language for example and then learning the next, once you learn one Slavic then learning the next, one Germanic then learning the next and so on... With a little effort you can speak a lot of languages... Somewhere by the age of 10, I spoke like all of these languages, school didn't help much, mostly tv and autodidactism. Being a bit lazy lately, not adding another language to the list. :lol:
Balkan is also knowing all these languages and still being unemployed, and so many other things.

Feel free to move these posts elsewhere, because they're totally off-topic. But when I think better these posts might show a bit in what sort of conditions Mario grew up, so it's a 'bit' on topic after all. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:48 pm

JANCKER wrote:Perfect Italian, 'broken' Spanish, 'broken' French. I'd like to learn German, I won't die before I learn it.

Well done! Do you study languages or what. I get it for English and your other 5, but Italian is a pleasant surprise. :cheers:

I've started 3 weeks ago with German - alone. It won't be easy with the huge German grammar, but once you handle with that, you're on top. Spanish is something what I must learn in future. It's not that hard and I've got some things already in head which can help me a lot to learn, just like German. :)

JANCKER wrote:It's not that hard once you learn one Latin language for example and then learning the next, once you learn one Slavic then learning the next, one Germanic then learning the next and so on... With a little effort you can speak a lot of languages... Somewhere by the age of 10, I spoke like all of these languages, school didn't help much, mostly tv and autodidactism. Being a bit lazy lately, not adding another language to the list. :lol:

I agree completely. Once you learn one Latin language, the other 3 aren't hard because same rules worth for the rest. If you learn Spanish, you easily learn Portuguese and vice versa. The same thing goes with Italian.

French is a bit weird for me. The only language where I've so little learned and memorized as a kid watching their comedies which isn't a case with English, German and Spanish. To be honest, almost nothing besides greetings, thank you, few short proverbs and introduction. :lol:

One guy told once that after you learn one, the other one becomes easier and after that more and more easier.

When we talk about laziness, it's my problem since always when it comes to study almost anything. Foreign languages had been my favorite stuff during the childhood, but after elementary school everything went in 'wrong' thing(pičke :mrgreen: ). My father has advised me in that time to sign up for language course in English, so I could quickly move on to German and I(stupid) didn't listen him. Today I would speak the mentioned three on my wishlist. :) Now I have time to practice English, study German on web through deutsch.info, Duolingo and one Facebook page which has been created, lately. Need to buy one good German-Croatian dictionary with grammar and borrow cousin's books for secondary school. It's going pretty well so far and I don't expect miracles after one month. It's a long journey. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby skyfall » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 pm

we make mistake with mandzu for lewa deal

skyfall
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Please don't open fresh wounds ... :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Atlantafc » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm

How about we compare Mandzu under Pep and Lewy under Pep. I love stats, I really do but they can do what ever you want them to do for you. Also much rather have Lewandowski in the team than hot head Mandzukic!
Fc Bayern aint nothin' to **** wit
Atlantafc
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Look at the top scorer goal tally of La Liga players then look at Bundesliga. Bundesliga's top scorer can't even best La Liga's 3rd best top scorer most of the time. So maybe one should factor that in this discussion. Also how different both teams play, one is counter attack with lots of space and the other with 10 men in their box most of the time. Even with Bayern, both systems were different for both players. Look at Lewandowski when he was playing in counter attack and Mandzu in Possession-based. The other looked better than the latter too.

Also, if we're going to judge who is the better striker, the number of goals should not only be the main criteria. One equally important is it's effect on his team's results. Strikers that score the more decisive goals (openers or equalizers) are very important to a team. (The Kane train, for example, is going crazy because of this.) A striker who scores 3 goals after his team is already up 2-0 or 1-0 (aka the Fernando Torres syndrome) is commendable but not necessarily better than a striker who scores 1 goal each game but scores the openers.

This is the big mistake when spewing stats without context. There's still no proper method in comparing league to league statistics (because one league differs from the other in a lot of ways) and also, /90 minute playing time statistics is the best way to level the playing field in comparing players since one player can play more than the other.

(Off-topic)
This is why football analysts shake their heads on mainstream media's use of stats. They just flash the numbers without any proper study of it. An example of a useless stat: the number of kilometers covered. Which the TV football pundits rave that it shows player's hard work. The premise that the player who ran the most works hard is flawed. Running like a headless chicken is not helpful to a team. Covering every blade of grass is useless without proper defensive or attacking contribution. Like this:
Last edited by runaway on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Tedesco » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Please do another one of these in two/three years.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:31 am

That's why I've always loved the 'German' Bayern.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion