You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Mandžukić

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Mandžukić

Postby quaazi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
MANDZUKIC SCORES CONSIDERABLY LESS THAN GOMEZ.

Mario Gomez at Fiorentina - 19 games and 4 goals - 0,21 goals per game.
Mario Mandzukic at Atletico - 12 games and 6 goals - 0,5 goals per game.

Conclusion - Mandzukic scores twice the goals Gomez does.

The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I respect Mandzukic he is one of my favourite players and wish him all the best. All what he said is right.
Pep didn't showed respect towards him as he did to others before him at barca : Ronaldinho,Eto'o,Ibra.
Plus the fact that both are stubborn.

It's easy for players to point the finger at Guardiola now because there's the backing of others before them (especially Ibrahimovic). But in reality, it was Mandzukic who didn't show respect to Pep. Who the hell scores, turns round and offends his coach? Not even football's greatest troublemakers did that. Most people who pull that kind of stuff at their workplace are immediately fired, but Guardiola stuck with him and kept playing him.

we cannot say what happened between them during training sessions...
Mandzukic is one of the most complete modern strikers around :coffee: I just hope he doesn't come to haunt us cause if this happens I am sure that he'll show all his attributes in Pep's face... (For the love to FCB I just [-o< that this never happens)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

He was rewarded with this efforts, thus the treble year.

He didn't get top scorer because as people here mentioned many times, he's not a typical striker. Why is he bitter about not being the top scorer even now? It's not like that award would magically turn everything in his favor of staying in Bayern and become first choice. Lewa is still the better player than him. It's not like Lewa's arrival was top secret and will be avoided.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth with his continuous badmouthing Guardiola and in extension to the club. Both parties moving to different directions, why the need to point fingers? As he said before, he doesn't fit the system. Either find a way to fit the system or move on. Did he look at himself and ask, "did I do everything I can to listen to try and do what the coach wants?" "Did I score every great opportunity that came to me?"

I still don't know what respect is he demanding from Guardiola. Playing time? Change the system so he can play better? Hold his hands and lay down the red carpet for his farewell party? Deliver a heartfelt apology letter for having a different philosophy that doesn't fit his capabilities?

(Sorry I really dislike blamers)
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby pyrasur » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Mandzukic was a great striker. He worked well in Jupp's system, but nothing is ever constant. Mario didn't adapt enough to the new system, and looking for examples like missing the golden cannon as a sign of disrespect is really reaching. Look at Lewandowski: guy does not care that he got the Torjägerkanone last season, he wants to win titles.

This obsession with things that don't matter is too widespread in football: this belief that getting the goal is more important than getting the assist is such b.s. It doesn't matter if a player is used unnaturally by his coach if the end result is a better position for the team.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 pm

JANCKER wrote:Mandzukic scored less, but his goals mattered, even last season when coming in as a sub, saving our day in different occasions. But his game wasn't only about goals, he was an improvement in other segments we struggled, he never backed down in chasing a ball, not without a fight. He's not an usual striker, so you can't expect the same from him. Jupp knew just what the team needed at the time, with Martinez and Mandzukic, Jupp had hit the bull's-eye.

and Dante together with the mentioned two.

This story is closed. Mandžo told dozens of times why he left Bayern. Some things he didn't deserve what Guardiola make to him, but at the end it finished just as some people knew in the January 2013 when Bayern offically announced Guardiola as a new coach. After that it was clear that both Đilkoš and Gomez will leave Bayern and it's gonna be just question of time, in the first or second summer transfer window. One moved right away, the other one a year after.

There wasn't other way for both strikers. When I talk about this story, I can only blame our current coach and no one else... Well, by blaming our coach the Bayern board can also share the same guilty as coach for departure of my favorite strikers. Luckily, Pizarro survived. Losing of all three strikers would be a such tragedy.

Why to blame our coach... Both were efficient, important, fit to our team, didn't look as the same type of players, but their will, work rate were great.

The past experience with even better strikers such as legendary Eto'o, Ibrahimović, even Villa gave created that opinion. All three strikers are complete players, brutal, efficient, know how play with the ball, even assist, etc. But that wasn't enough during Guardiola's reign at Barca.

We shall see how it's gonna work with Lewy, another excellent striker and no. 9.

The only guy who is ranked very high at Bayern is Thomas Müller even though he isn't striker, classic no. 9, doesn't possess great technique but he's so called "Der Raumdeuter" and he's been doing great his job.

We all loved someone of the past crew, either Gomez or Mandžo, but it wasn't meant to be after hiring Guardiola.

This story is still interesting to many, but he's stressed 5-6 days ago that he's enjoying at Atletico Madrid, working together with Diego Simeone and probably he'll like the Spanish lifestyle, way of playing football, etc. something what every Croat who had played previously in Primera stressed(and still does by occasion) many times.

The same story we could speak about 2009/2010 and then very popular Luca Toni under van Gaal.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:58 am

Mandzukic's departure had nothing to do with his playing abilities and to compare him to Gomez is a futile exercise as he was both a better fighter and header of the ball. Where the staff at Bayern respected his abilities, however, they admired Lewandowsky, the true CF Bayern wanted. Mandzukic didn't like that and his attitude and fights with the dressing room were intolerable for Guardiola who, far from trying to teach his techniques to those who don't wish to learn, wasn't exactly going to do so with those who "had a bad attitude against the rest of the world."

Don't forget, Wolfsburg before Bayern shipped him south as soon as they could under similar discipline issues as I recall.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 am

But still, the guy deserves some respect for what he did for Bayern and after all that happened within the team, i had hoped for a different goodbye then this. But he has a point, when Bayern wasnt doing great at all last season at the end of the season, he hardly got playing time at all, i would be frustrated aswell, the thing he said is that he thought he was disrespected for not getting any playing time and that it was a reason he could nog get the Torjagerkanone and the way it happened, was disrespectfull by Guardiola.

He also said that if Guardiola would have come to him and said, dude you dont fit into my system, i need someone else it would be a different story.

It's not like he bashes like a Ronaldinho, Eto'o or Ibra.

Imo it was a mistake to let him go after last season, but i have to wait with a judgement to see after this season with Lewa.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:20 am

He wouldn't be that mad if he doesn't miss Bayern, so I guess he's not that happy as he claims to be in Madrid.
I liked them all - Luca Toni, Miro Klose, Ivica Olic, Mario Gomez, Mario Mandzukic - if it was on me they'd still all be in Munich. I like Lewa too, and normally Piza. I'm happy for each one of them when I hear they scored goals in their respective teams unless it's against Bayern or Germany. :lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 am

True that.. Luca Toni was awesome, just because of his attitude, close had a lot of bad luck, Olic was a beast ( dont know how they did not extend his contract, that was just stupid ), Gomez had his times aswell, but he was never the striker i would see as a bayern legend, Mandzu was a beast aswell, just because how he worked for the team.
Ottomeister13

Postby prasun77 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 pm

but none f our strikers earlier (after Roy Makaay) were counted as best in the world like lewandowski currently is.
In fact bayern have a poor history with strikers
even the great elber could not make it in his national team!
When it comes to listing the all time great strikers only one bayern man makes it...Gerd Muller!strange...
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm

But the NT with Elber had names like Rivaldo, Ronaldo etc... And the BL was not and is still not huge in the ignorant Brasilian eyes.
Ottomeister13

Postby MatZam » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 pm

prasun77 wrote:When it comes to listing the all time great strikers only one bayern man makes it...Gerd Muller!strange...

Cough *Rummenigge* cough

Maybe not amongst the super ultimate top tier (which would basically be Muller and Pele) but he used to put the fear of God into opponents in his heyday, see no further than France-Germany 82 semi final.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:31 pm

rummenigge IS in the ultimate tier of forwards no doubt but i don't think he was the striker in the same sense like zlatan lewa mandzu gomez or gerd muller ...u understand what i mean to say right?an out and out striker!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:13 pm

It was mentioned that Pep hates it when players don't put in enough effort in team trainings as it reflects their attitude for the upcoming matches (or something along this line). Wasn't it reported that Mandzu was deemed to not have put in enough effort in training sessions during his last few months with the team? Granted - I can understand it coming from him being frustrated at his (and/or Lewy) situation that further spur his rebellious nature. In that respect however, his "rebellious" streak was not similar to that of Zlatan's; who defied the club's rules (repeatedly, directly and purposely) - it was mentioned that the reason why he drove in his Ferrari to training sessions instead of the club's Audi (which is the club's rules) is because he couldn't get enough thrill out of driving the Audi (and that he felt he would perform better if he get his thrill-o-meter filled).

Pep is partly to be blame for this too... but it was also at the point that Mandzu just couldn't find it in him to train under this coach again. I adore Mandzu, and wished that he had stayed.. Or that the club at the very least had treated him better regarding his departure and with the respect he deserved. But this pretty much a topic that is on the level of beating a dead horse.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:50 pm

I know he got booted for the VFB game ( with Thiago's incredible goal ) becuase his practise antics weren't top notch. So it could be it happened a lot more then only around that time.
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion