You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Gomez

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:08 am

Tell me some good reasons WHY we should buy Mario? He misses a lot of chances. He already have Toni :D We should buy good CDM!!!!!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Gomez idea was stupid from the start you cant have 3 very expensive strikers in your team and bench one.

We sold Jensen for 7 mil last summer, we gonna sell poldi for around 15mil thats 22mil, sell Van Bommel in the winter before his contract expires and we should get around 5 mil for him,( or if want to keep Van Bommel we can sell Sosa for around the same money ) thats 27 mil

Buy a DM for 15 mil, bring Olic on a free transfer, and a good RB will cost around 8 mil thats 23 mil, which will leave us with 4 mil, add around 6 mil on top of that and buy a player like Marin or gourcuff.

Thats 4 new classy players for only 6 mil. Think about it Ulli :| :|
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 pm

I agree, this Gomez idea is a waste of money. Gomez is a good striker but everytime I watch him play in a big match, and this goes for the Euros and WC including qualifiers, he either sits back and doesnt help to create anything of just blows good chances. As much as I like Poldi and hoped he would stay I guess this is going to be a moot point. But now we have Landycakes, not my favorite player in the world or anywhere, albeit on loan until March, and now talk of bringing in Gomez?! Wasnt Klinsi just talking of a football (money) recession? How about this idea... go ahead and bring in Gomez but get rid of Uli! This guy is a train wreck with a big mouth and shouldnt even be sitting on the bench next to Klinsi.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:10 am

surely we will get olic and not gomez. the diference is that meanwhile gomez maybe would be a sub during next season, olic will be a sub all his stay at bayern. bayern has announced they are interested in him in his web and that means that we are nearly to get him.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:02 pm

The "Stuttgarter Zeitung" is reporting that the Gomez transfer is almost done and that Stuttgart is already planning the time after Gomez and are looking for a replacement.They're speculating that the transfer fee is gonna be somewhere in the middle of 25-35 million. :shock: :roll:

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/stn/page/detail.php/1906398

================================================
Klose , Toni , Olic and Gomez , wouldn't that be a bit too much ?! :| Espacially with that huge price tag Gomez can move to the likes of Man. City but not Bayern.
Last edited by MrLinky on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:31 pm

God, I hope that's not true. Gomez isn't worth that much.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:21 pm

I think 25-35 mil is huge, but if this is true, you can be 100% certain that Toni wants to return to Italy cuz paying this much money for a player to sit on the bench is insane. Maybe Toni Have told the board he wont be renewing his contract so they decided to move for Gomez, after all Luca Toni is known for not settling in one club for more than 2 to 3 years.
If the 25-35 mil figure is true i guess we will pay whatever we get for toni and Poldi to get Gomez which also means Olic is a done deal since he will be coming for free
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:51 pm

That would seriously be wasted money.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:25 pm

Its just kind of confusing and irritating after the recent statements of Ulli that Gomez is very expensive and that there's not gonna be a lot of investing going on after the recent global financial crisis , which will start to effect Bayern's sponsors ---> Bayern itself.And now an article like this by a very serious and well-informed German newspaper ... :roll:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:19 am

shwas55 wrote:I think 25-35 mil is huge, but if this is true, you can be 100% certain that Toni wants to return to Italy cuz paying this much money for a player to sit on the bench is insane. Maybe Toni Have told the board he wont be renewing his contract so they decided to move for Gomez, after all Luca Toni is known for not settling in one club for more than 2 to 3 years.
If the 25-35 mil figure is true i guess we will pay whatever we get for toni and Poldi to get Gomez which also means Olic is a done deal since he will be coming for free

I don't buy the price tag. It is probably around 20 mil. What you mentioned about the possibility of cashing some money for Toni (if he really wants to go back to Italy) and Podolski (who is definitely leaving), and bringing Gomez and Olic sounds possible and reasonable. I still think Gomez is a great player and someone I would not mind seeing in a Bayern shirt. It's funny how his poor Euro showing still lingers in the mind of everyone even though he has been one of the most consistent strikers in the last 3 seasons (nobody is still pointing at Luca for his equally bad Euro). If Mario can score fine playing for Stuttgart imagine what he can do playing for Bayern (assuming he can adapt to the system, which by the way, stuttgart often plays a very similar 4-4-2 with two CDM (Pardo and two wide attacking midfielders).
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby shwas55 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:12 am

walter wrote:I still think Gomez is a great player and someone I would not mind seeing in a Bayern shirt. It's funny how his poor Euro showing still lingers in the mind of everyone even though he has been one of the most consistent strikers in the last 3 seasons (nobody is still pointing at Luca for his equally bad Euro). If Mario can score fine playing for Stuttgart imagine what he can do playing for Bayern (assuming he can adapt to the system, which by the way, stuttgart often plays a very similar 4-4-2 with two CDM (Pardo and two wide attacking midfielders).

=D> =D> =D> =D>
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:19 pm

For me personally the main reason I dont want him at Bayern is not the poor European Cup.Everybody can have a bad tournament like that , the higly rated Benzema for example had a terrible tournament as well , and so did Ribery.Its just the huge price tag , in the summer we had already made a bid which was 30 million + X according to Ulli who admitted himself that they had offered more than 30 million for Mario.And so did Man.City who made a bid of 35 million according to Stuttgart's manager Horst Heldt.I just dont think they rejected those offers to let him go for 10-15 million less the next year.As long as his transfer fee is in a realistic region , which would be 18-22 million in my opinion he's welcomed and he would surely strengthen the squad.But he's just not worth that much , simple as that.Remember guys we got Ribery for 25 million , with that kind of money - 30 to 35 - we could get way better players.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:24 pm

I don't remember Uli admitting to such a big offer. I think they did make a good bid and the rest might've been speculation.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Actually the offer Ulli admitted they had made was 25 million + X.
focus.de wrote:"Die Stuttgarter wollten ihn partout nicht abgeben. Dabei sind 25 Millionen Euro plus X ja kein Pappenstiel", sagte Hoeneß.

... which would still be too much for a player like Gomez , when you take a look at what we paid for Luca - 11 million , and for Franck - 25 million.

Here's the source:
http://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga1/fussball-bundesliga-personalie-gomez-laesst-hoeness-nicht-los_aid_321716.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:59 pm

I'll be honest, most of the time I watch Mario is in the big games, be it for Stuttgart or Germany. And I never see him score, even though I always hear about him scoring. So this tells me he's not a big-game player, which is why I don't want him at Bayern. Luca and Franck may not have had a good Euro either, but I've seen them score all kinds of big goals before, same with Klose, even Poldi. Obviously Lukas is on his way out, but to marginalize Miro or Luca with Gomez seems like a monumental waste of money at the moment. Sight unseen, I'd say we'd be better off with Luca, Miro, Olic and Donovan, which would be much more in line with Uli's recent statements on finances. I wouldn't mind Gomez being in there I guess, but not for that much money when it's not even where the team needs the most improvement!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion