You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby bayern123 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 pm

miro? 2-3 yrs left?

HAHAHAHAHA! You are kidding yourself. He has completely lost a step since the half way point last season. He has a lot of mileage on those legs. Lets get younger!!

Oh, Luca Toni IS a world class striker. World Cup Winner, Hello? Dominant in two leagues! CAN FINISH!! That is what strikers have to do! That is how you determine who is good and who is great!!! Athletes today can get to balls, but the question is can they put it in the net!

Okay, WALTER?
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 pm

bayern123 wrote:Oh, Luca Toni IS a world class striker. World Cup Winner, Hello? Dominant in two leagues! CAN FINISH!! That is what strikers have to do! That is how you determine who is good and who is great!!! Athletes today can get to balls, but the question is can they put it in the net!

Okay, WALTER?

I think what Walter was trying to say is that you cannot judge a player by his Euro performance. You are saying that Gomez is crap because he didn't score in the Euro, but hey Toni didn't score in the Euro as well and you're calling him world class.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Mario Gomez

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:19 am

The rumours started at the beginning of the week and gathered steam over the international break, when Bayern Munich and VfB Stuttgart were alleged to have met informally to discuss the possibility of player-for-player swap.

VfB's top striker Gomez has been the subject of transfer rumours since the latter part of last season, and has more than just on one occasion declared that he is keen to join a bigger club. Podolski, in the meanwhile, made plenty of headlines when he claimed that he would never have joined Bayern Munich had he known that he would have to spend so much time on the bench.

According to popular German language football site 4-4-2.com, both clubs are seriously considering the sensational swap, which would see Stuttgart receive Podolski and a further €10million for Gomez. The website goes on to claim that both players have already agreed to the deal in principle.

More than a few teams will be watching for the latest with keen interest with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Roma, Juventus, Fiorentina, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea linked with one or even both players.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:27 am

So if this swap goes through, either one of Klose, Toni or Gomez still have to be benched and one of them would be unhappy and would want to leave the club UNLESS Klinsmann uses the rotation policy effectively. He isn't doing it with Klose out of form and give full 90 minutes to Podolski, let alone when he is in form!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm optimistic that Klinsi is gonna be rotating all the players , he started doing it versus Koln by leaving VB out of the first XI and he's
gonna be continuing it .
As for this swap I think that Gomez and Poldi are 2 totally different types os attackers , my wish would be to see them both
play together at Bayern (of course just with a Poldi that is happy and doesnt complain every week about his situation ) , even though Gomez didnt play well at the Euro cup I think he's gonna be a word class striker in a couple of years .
Just the interest of Real and other big european names shows that he can be one of the best in the near future .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am

According to the latest speculation in Germany, a spectacular transfer is in the works which would see Mario Gomez and Lukas Podolski switch clubs, though Veh has since played down the rumours.

"I am not reckoning with having him around until 2012, but I am convinced that it will not be Bayern Munich that he would be moving to," said the VfB manager.

VfB's top striker Gomez has been the subject of transfer rumours since the latter part of last season, and has more than just on one occasion declared that he is keen to join a bigger club.

A woeful personal performance at Euro 2008 likely cost him the big money he so craves in the summer, but Veh insists that "he has already put that behind him."

Veh went on to insist that he is not concerned that Gomez has failed to show the same deadliness in front of goal this season as he evidenced all throughout last season.

"It's understandable that he's not in top form yet, just like many other players that participated in Euro 2008. Miroslav Klose struggled to get going as well until he got that hattrick in Finland.

"I am convinced that Mario will come good as I regard him as the top German striker," he concluded.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fcb 4eva » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Hope this comes true :D :D

---------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 am

According to kicker, Gomez is the #1 prime target for Bayern in January, with the figures mentioned being of a transfer of 30 million euros :o and a 10 million euro salary #-o
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:39 am

MUTU wrote:According to kicker, Gomez is the #1 prime target for Bayern in January, with the figures mentioned being of a transfer of 30 million euros :o and a 10 million euro salary #-o

Ridiculous ! :x
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 pm

MUTU wrote:According to kicker, Gomez is the #1 prime target for Bayern in January, with the figures mentioned being of a transfer of 30 million euros :o and a 10 million euro salary #-o

Why? Lavezzi is much better and we don`t need this kind of strikers. We need striker with great technique, shot, fast and with skills. Lavezzi would fit in perfectly. :o

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:45 pm

MUTU wrote:According to kicker, Gomez is the #1 prime target for Bayern in January, with the figures mentioned being of a transfer of 30 million euros

I believe that sum is made up by the press , there's no way he'll cost us more than 20-22 million , but our officials paid 8 million for Sosa (or was it more?) so who knows ... :|
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm

gosh 30m is big money cccc

I dont say he dont worth it but it is a lot money xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Credit Crunch To Halt Bayern’s Bid For Mario Gomez

With the global financial crisis starting to really hit home, Bayern Munich manager Uli Hoeness had confessed that the Bavarians may be forced to tone down their spending in the summer.
The latest revelation suggests that Bayern may have ruled themselves out of a move for Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez, who is expected to leave the Swabians this summer for a fee in the region €20 million.

"I am famously not a pessimist, but I see what is coming as very dramatic," Hoeness told the Suddeutsche Zeitung.

"Therefore, I think an expensive transfer like Gomez is currently impossible due to financial factors. Next year is going to be dramatic and it will hit FC Bayern too."

It appears that Bayern will instead look to a ‘cheaper’ option with Croat Ivica Olic likely to be available on a free at the end of the season from Hamburg.

"We have decided to rethink our strategy and step back from big investments for the time being" Hoeness added.

"Olic is a cheap [inexpensive] player. We are interested in him and will be making plans to sign him."

The Bayern manager has also warned the club not to expect a repeat of the record profits of €268.8 million achieved last year.

"How is merchandising going to develop? What about the crowd figures? And even despite the contracts, what is going to happen with the sponsors?" he asked.

"If our merchandising falls 20%, that is eight million euros. There are already signs of the crisis affecting us."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/592/bayern-munich/2008/12/10/1006008/credit-crunch-to-halt-bayerns-bid-for-mario-gomez

==================================================
I can live with no Gomez transfer as long as we get our "super-6" , Olic on a free agent and a good RB.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 pm

This is actually good news. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 am

mackoy wrote:This is actually good news. :)

What is good news? That we'll revert to being bigger misers than before? We should take advantage of the situation and buy star players from financially-challenged clubs.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion