You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby elcalifornio » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:59 am

The deal isn't happening. Helt has said no to Bayern in the meeting and I for one am glad. Now if we can convince Poldi to stay and Klose to move to the bench all will be good.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:58 am

yea no deal for Gomez. Maybe in a few years, when he wants to win the champions league with us. I would have liked him in a bayern jersey :cry:
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:02 pm

elcalifornio wrote:The deal isn't happening. Helt has said no to Bayern in the meeting and I for one am glad. Now if we can convince Poldi to stay and Klose to move to the bench all will be good.

i agree!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby DS17 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm

MunchenFC wrote:
elcalifornio wrote:The deal isn't happening. Helt has said no to Bayern in the meeting and I for one am glad. Now if we can convince Poldi to stay and Klose to move to the bench all will be good.

i agree!

I don't know...Klose to the bench? I think he should be our playmaker. That's what he did for Bayern all the last season and he's pretty good at it.
To tell the truth, it's very hard to say where should Bayern strengthen. I'd say we need badly a DM. Not Gomez and not Hleb. Schweinsteiger showed everyone this week that he hasn't lost it. I trust him and I trust Klinsi to make the best of Schweini and Poldi.

We should play 4-2-3-1 more often in my opinion. Klose can always join Toni during the game.

.....Toni/Podolski...
..............Klose............
Ribery........................Schweini
.....Van Bommel...DM(?)........

The problem is Poldi who feels much better in the flanks in the back. It might sound crazy but perhaps Poldi should play where Ze Roberto played last season. Poldi is known for his defensive hard work (also during the Euro) and playing a bit behind might give him a lot more space and will help both the offense and the defense. He can always change positions with Schweini for tactical reasons too. If you follow Poldi closely you can see that he likes working behind the attacking midfielders and join them with his speed. Perhaps if Poldi will be used differently (as in the Euro) we might see a more effective player.
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:37 pm

? = Ze Roberto, Ottl, Borowski, Furstner
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernJ » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 pm

Hoeneß: Gomez Was Nearly Ours

Bayern Munich manager Uli Hoeneß has revealed that the Bavarians were on the verge of signing Mario Gomez this summer only for Stuttgart to pull the plug on the deal at the last minute.

Gomez committed himself to Stuttgart earlier this week by saying that he would definitely be staying with them for another season, but the revelation from Hoeneß that the German international was keen on a move puts a different spin on the news.

Bayern have long been fans of Gomez and were widely tipped to sign him after the European Championships, but VfB scuppered the deal by saying he was not for sale at any price.

The Bayern manager famed for his forthright opinions and the fact he loves to wind people up has now claimed that Gomez was very interested in the move only for the Swabians to dash his hopes.

"We were in agreement with him, but that is now worthless since Stuttgart called it off" he told Munich's TZ newspaper.

"I think it is a shame, but we cannot change it.

"We really tried to get him and Stuttgart turned us down this year, but next year we can start over again."
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:18 am

next year he will play for bayern. Stuttgart should have sold him for 25 million to us. If he can play like last season he will replace Luca toni next season and play next to podolski. Toni world class but is getting old.
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BayernJ » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Bayern Gomez offer rejected
Stuttgart shun big-money offer for Germany international

Stuttgart have confirmed they have turned down Bayern Munich's €25million (£19.7m) offer for Mario Gomez.

Had Stuttgart agreed the deal it would have been the most expensive transfer between two Bundesliga clubs and matched the record for signing a player outside the German league.

Bayern paid that amount in 2007 to Ligue 1 club Marseille for Franck Ribery, as did Borussia Dortmund to Serie A outift Parma for Marcio Amoroso in 2001.

Only last month Gomez, who is tied to the club until the summer of 2012, stated he was happy at Stuttgart and not looking to leave.

However, Bayern seem unmoved by their initial setback after manager Uli Hoeness said the club would make another offer for Gomez next year
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm happy that the deal did not go through. 25 million euros is too much for Gomez in my opinion.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:08 pm

mackoy wrote:I'm happy that the deal did not go through. 25 million euros is too much for Gomez in my opinion.

IMO Gomez suffers MPD, if he plays like he did last season with Stuttgart he is worth every penny of the 25 millions, if he plays like he did at EURO 2008 he better find another job.

Call me crazy but he puts another season like the last one I do not see him at Bayern next year. He will be at Madrid or Barcelona.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 am

Mario Gomez is a great player worth every penny of those 25 millions. After having two great, very consistent, seasons with the best goals/game ratio in the league, its simply stupid to think that he has suddenly become a bad player because he had a bad Euro (3 games???). This is guy is gonna be better than Toni if not already.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby soccerkyle » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:36 am

Totally agree that he is worth every bit of that amount and with another great year probually more. I hope we can get him next year instead of another big European club. If you think his euro performances make him a worse player than i guess Toni is no good either.
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ballackfcb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:10 pm

I think we will get Gomez next summer for about 10 million and he will play upfront with Toni, or klose or podolski. :)
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bayern123 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 am

Can we please stop making Gomez out to be one of the top strikers in the world!!! If anyone watched Euro 08, he was aweful. There was pressure on him, and he could not take it. That is the difference between a world class striker and a good club player. He had so so so many opportunities while playing for Germany. If you spend that kind of money, you better be getting a WORLD CLASS Player.
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby walter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 am

bayern123 wrote:Can we please stop making Gomez out to be one of the top strikers in the world!!! If anyone watched Euro 08, he was aweful. There was pressure on him, and he could not take it. That is the difference between a world class striker and a good club player. He had so so so many opportunities while playing for Germany. If you spend that kind of money, you better be getting a WORLD CLASS Player.

I guess you didn't bother to read the previous messages in this thread, but anyways: on that same account Luca Toni is also not one of the top stirkers in Europe based on his Euro performance. True is early to judge whether Mario is World Class but I will definitely say he is currently one of the top strikers in Europe. He has definitely been the best striker in the Bundesliga in the last two seasons. Even better than Toni if you consider that Mario's goals/games ratio is better than Toni and playing for a team that did not score as many goals as Bayern.
Mario Gomez is a complete striker: good pace, strong, good with his head, good positioning. if he can refine his finishing (an aspect in which Luca is superior), then I would definitely say world class...
Would be great to have him at bayern since Luca and miro got 2, 3 at most, years left playing at the top of their game.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion