You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby RiberyToni » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Is bild a reliable source becasue i have a link from gomez there?

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/ ... 58150.html
RiberyToni
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 am

He played really crappy today again, but to dismiss two great seasons because of three bad games in his first major international tournament in a german team that is playing terrible, is just silly.
I think he would be a great addition because who knows how much more both Klose and Toni have in their tanks. Four good strikers is not a problem as long as their is a good rotation philosophy (unlike hitzfeld's), plus we know now that Podolski can play really well as a left midfielder or winger. He has been definitely the best german player in Euro 08 together with Lahm.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 am

walter wrote:He played really crappy today again, but to dismiss two great seasons because of three bad games in his first major international tournament in a german team that is playing terrible, is just silly.
I think he would be a great addition because who knows how much more both Klose and Toni have in their tanks. Four good strikers is not a problem as long as their is a good rotation philosophy (unlike hitzfeld's), plus we know now that Podolski can play really well as a left midfielder or winger. He has been definitely the best german player in Euro 08 together with Lahm.

couldnt agree more
perfectly put :)
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 am

I disagree about Podolski because apart from the first game he hasn't been very good at LM. He is a liability defensively and offensively hasnt done work which a left midfielder should.
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Matakos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am

soccerkyle wrote:I disagree about Podolski because apart from the first game he hasn't been very good at LM. He is a liability defensively and offensively hasnt done work which a left midfielder should.

Yep,he was pretty bad against croatia and austria.
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 pm

yah thats why he has score all but 1 of our goals :roll: :roll:
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby soccerkyle » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 am

He scored atleast one goal from the striker position and goals aren't everything anyway.
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby chori123 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:23 am

NO, thanks

stay in Stuttgart..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby Ebrach » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 am

chori123 wrote:NO, thanks

stay in Stuttgart..

Еxactly ;)
Ebrach
Getting the hang of it

Postby MunchenFC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:41 am

YES, please

come to bayern..
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:41 am

you guys have no idea, go get gomez bayern. we need him.
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Matakos » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 am

Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:you guys have no idea, go get gomez bayern. we need him.

You have no idea.Stop please all that about gomez.We don't need him,we have better players than him and he is nothing more than a mediocre player.
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:03 am

Matakos wrote:
Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:you guys have no idea, go get gomez bayern. we need him.

You have no idea.Stop please all that about gomez.We don't need him,we have better players than him and he is nothing more than a mediocre player.

What a stupid thing to say. He´s only 23 or 22 and he´s the top german scorer in the bundesliga for the last 2 years if I´m not mistaken.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 am

Paddy wrote:What a stupid thing to say. He´s only 23 or 22 and he´s the top german scorer in the bundesliga for the last 2 years if I´m not mistaken.

He has the best goals-per-minute-played ratio in the Bundesliga for the past 2 seasons. Last season he was more prolific than our Toni.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:06 am

Bayern Munich have moved a step closer to signing Mario Gomez from Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart by inviting club officials from the Swabians to a meeting on Friday.

Bayern are reported to have already agreed terms with the Germany international, who is at Euro 2008, and are now set to open negotiations with his club.

"Bayern have invited us and we have accepted," said Stuttgart chairman Dieter Hundt on ARD television.

"(Director of sport) Horst Heldt will be travelling to Munich."

Stuttgart value the striker at 25 million euros, but Bayern are believed to be considering using his Germany team-mate Lukas Podolski as a makeweight for the deal.

Podolski, who has shone with three goals at Euro 2008 so far, made just eight starts for Bayern last season and has already admitted he would consider a transfer.

Gomez was the Bundesliga's top goalscorer in the 2006/07 season as Stuttgart won the title, but a succession of injuries restricted him to 25 appearances last term.

He still scored 19 goals, however, to show a goalscoring ability which has so far been lacking at the European Championships.

He missed a sitter against Austria and the uncertainty surrounding his future is said to be affecting his performances.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion