You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 am

Matakos wrote:I think everybody is saying that because in the WC the german young players used to play good under Klinsmann.But the WC is different from the club level competitions.Players are exhausted after tiring seasons with their clubs and there is surely less pressure.

German players have long been known to play above themselves during tournaments. Nothing really special there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shwas55 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:53 am

MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:as for podolski he will be much better under klinsi if you noticed all young players struggled for form under hitzfield (shwieni, poldi, lahm...etc).

We need to stop looking at Klinsmann as if he is our god and saviour. Hitzfeld is an experienced and highly successful coach, and at best Klinsmann can hardly be any better. Just remember that Germany under Klinsmann only won one match against a top team, against Argentina and it was only won on penalties.

I'm not saying Klinsmann is not good, but a lot of people are expecting everything to suddenly improve dramatically. Rest assured, some things will improve but others will almost definitely be worse than under Hitzfeld.

For example, how do you know that Podolski will be better under Klinsmann? The main problem of Podolski under Hitzfeld is that he used to create chances, dribble opponents, present himself with a glorious chance to score, and then MISS. I have my doubts that he's suddenly going to stop missing easy chances just because there's someone else sitting on the bench, even though motivation, psychology and training play a part in it.

I didnt say klinsi is our saviour all im saying he can motivate this type of players i believe he can get the most out of them, lets not forget he convinced lahm to stay, When it comes to tactics Hitzfield is the more experienced , but when it comes to motivation and getting the most of young players klinsi gets the notch
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcb 4eva » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 pm

I certainly think the young players will flourish under Klinsi (Lahm, Schweini, Poldi, Sosa, Breno etc)

-------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 am

yea klinsmann will get the best out of the young players and older ones. Bayern sign Gomez before then end of EURO Please we need him.
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Matakos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:yea klinsmann will get the best out of the young players and older ones. Bayern sign Gomez before then end of EURO Please we need him.

Why do you think we need him!?
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 pm

why do i think we need him. How many goals did klose and podolski score combined in the bundesliga? Gomez got 19 by himself, Luca toni got 25. Plus he would be a good sub player. Klose and toni start. If we are struggling, we bring in our young guns. Podolski and Gomez. What if an injury happens to one of our strikers? Long term, we need a quality 4th striker. Gomez and podolski are the next klinsmann and Bierhoff.
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby medin69 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

or maybe Papin too :P
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Huggseybear31 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:why do i think we need him. How many goals did klose and podolski score combined in the bundesliga? Gomez got 19 by himself, Luca toni got 25. Plus he would be a good sub player. Klose and toni start. If we are struggling, we bring in our young guns. Podolski and Gomez. What if an injury happens to one of our strikers? Long term, we need a quality 4th striker. Gomez and podolski are the next klinsmann and Bierhoff.

I cant bealive right now that were having this conversation
Where would Gomez play? When will he play? Whos getting taken out?

First off this is a very bad idea you have 3 premier strikers and dont give me this bullshit about podolski that he cant compete, look wat he can do at the national level. Podolki jusut hasent been givin a shot at bayern and how can you when you have klose and toni upfront.

if you take klose out of the starting formations then u can say goodbye to a bunch of goals for luca toni because klose is a work horse and set up toni this year so many times where toni only had to tap the ball in. Ive seen it happen countless times

pluse if one of our starting strikers gets hurt then thats fine youll put in podolski intill one recovers

bring Mario Gomes who i like alot to a team that is already stacked on strikers is a bad idea your already asking for trouble because not one of our 3 strikers already belong on the bench and if u add gomez to our bench? your just greedy pluse hell be bitching the whole seaon about how he wants to play more

This team is fine on strikers bringing in gomez is a waste of money and a waste of talent because gomez wouldnt play to his potential because hell be riding out bench all year just like Podolski
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Huggseybear31 wrote:
Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:why do i think we need him. How many goals did klose and podolski score combined in the bundesliga? Gomez got 19 by himself, Luca toni got 25. Plus he would be a good sub player. Klose and toni start. If we are struggling, we bring in our young guns. Podolski and Gomez. What if an injury happens to one of our strikers? Long term, we need a quality 4th striker. Gomez and podolski are the next klinsmann and Bierhoff.

I cant bealive right now that were having this conversation
Where would Gomez play? When will he play? Whos getting taken out?

First off this is a very bad idea you have 3 premier strikers and dont give me this bullshit about podolski that he cant compete, look wat he can do at the national level. Podolki jusut hasent been givin a shot at bayern and how can you when you have klose and toni upfront.

if you take klose out of the starting formations then u can say goodbye to a bunch of goals for luca toni because klose is a work horse and set up toni this year so many times where toni only had to tap the ball in. Ive seen it happen countless times

pluse if one of our starting strikers gets hurt then thats fine youll put in podolski intill one recovers

bring Mario Gomes who i like alot to a team that is already stacked on strikers is a bad idea your already asking for trouble because not one of our 3 strikers already belong on the bench and if u add gomez to our bench? your just greedy pluse hell be bitching the whole seaon about how he wants to play more

agreed

This team is fine on strikers bringing in gomez is a waste of money and a waste of talent because gomez wouldnt play to his potential because hell be riding out bench all year just like Podolski
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby gordon16 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:26 am

Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:Buy both player we need them badly. Gomez is a world class striker. It just wasn't his day against poland. If we can get him that would be the best signing of the summer. But it will be hard for us to get him. I know stuttgart want podolski. But i love podolski. Maybe bayern will trade the players? I say buy both and we will won the champions league next season with a little luck.

....podolski is better than gomez....no way for the trade !...i think our strikers are good eneugh and we dont need another striker....we just can buy gomez if podolski go to man city...and we need to look for the future maybe we can buy gomez and klose or toni...because they are getting older !why we have to buy gomez and he will be all the season on the bench like what happend this year to podolski!so pls dont let podolski leave and give him a chance in the game...at least as midfilder...
gordon16
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Ghost_of_war_sp » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Bayern are flying to sttutgart to discuss Gomez. They recon 30-35 Million Euros, but i recon 20 Million. It was reported. THis time from a sttutart paper. Source Tz-online.de I hope so come to bayern gomez
Bayern are number 1
Ghost_of_war_sp
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Matakos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:Bayern are flying to sttutgart to discuss Gomez. They recon 30-35 Million Euros, but i recon 20 Million. It was reported. THis time from a sttutart paper. Source Tz-online.de I hope so come to bayern gomez

I agree with hugsseybear31.We don't need him.And Tz-online is not a reliable source.
Our King!
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby DS17 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Matakos wrote:
Ghost_of_war_sp wrote:Bayern are flying to sttutgart to discuss Gomez. They recon 30-35 Million Euros, but i recon 20 Million. It was reported. THis time from a sttutart paper. Source Tz-online.de I hope so come to bayern gomez

I agree with hugsseybear31.We don't need him.And Tz-online is not a reliable source.

Thing is that it is sourced not only from TZ. Gomez is seemingly "signed" for Bayern before he even signed.
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Ebrach » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 pm

I don't think he is a top class player. I did not really like him, watching him during euro 08 so far. And in addition: we don't need such a player right now.
Ebrach
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah, I don't want to dismiss what he's done for Suttgart, but after today I wouldn't pay 30 Euros for Gomez, never mind 30 mil.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion