You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Gomez

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:15 pm

I think what we need at the moment is a striker that is under-25 years old, `cause obviously, Toni and Miro are in their 30s. so, we need someone for the future :-k
also, the new striker will be sitting on the bench this season at least, since.. Miro and Toni are in a good form
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:59 pm

I cant really see Gomez and Luca developing a good partnership together either (in case we get Gomez and dont sell Luca) , as I consider them very similar to each-other.They dont really create chances like Miro does , they're both great finishers and really good in the air.If you dont wanna become too predictable you have to have 2 strikers that kind of complete each-other and both add their unique qualities to the game.I do see that in the partnership Miro/Luca but I wouldnt see that happening in a partnership Luca/Mario.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:11 am

I think the board are going for Gomez now for one simple reason, Stuttgart are having a horrible season, they are 10th with only 7 wins , they need money to spend on new players to get them back into the top 5 again, so they want to sell their biggest star (Gomez) and cash in so they can invest into other areas. Here where our negotiation experience will come in to try to take advantage of that. Gomez isnt on any of the big Clubs Radar at the moment, and Stuttgart is starting to panic , so if we can get in early before Gomez get back on other clubs radar we can get him for a good price, the 25 mil is too high, but i wouldnt mind seeing Gomez play for Bayern for 15-20 mil. However this should only happen if Toni is leaving otherwise we could use the money into a different area.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:38 am

The Bild is reporting that Stuttgart wants Kroos as a part of the deal for Gomez. According to the article the managers met before last months's match to discussed the deal, however nothing to be done before the summer.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby xevi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 pm

we have got olic as 3rd striker and toni and klose will stay. i don't see gomez in bayern for now. i only see the posibility that they buy him now for summer 2010.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatFCB97 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:03 pm

I don't see sense in buy Gomez right now. Toni and Klose are number one in our attack, Olic will be as third, and as fourth should be someone of FCB2..Gomez would be good option in 2010.
MatFCB97
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:49 am

Gomez In Stuttgart Loyalty Pledge

VfB Stuttgart star Mario Gomez suggests that persistent rumours that he is angling for a move away to the club are due to the overactive imaginations of the media...

The German international insisted that there are no such plans in place, however, when asked by the Stuttgarter Zeitung whom he expects to be playing for next season.

"At Stuttgart, I think," he said. "Here is the only place I have a contract, and where you have a contract is where you play, isn't it?"

"I never said that I could no longer develop at VfB," he added. "I don't know what will happen in the summer. I only know that I feel very good here and VfB don't want to give me up."
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Good! Stay at Stuttgart!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

GOMEZ RULES OUT BAYERN SWITCH

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Football365

Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez appears to have little interest in reviving a possible move to Bayern Munich this summer.

The frontman was widely reported to be on the verge of a move to the Bundesliga champions after Euro 2008.

But the transfer never materialised and now Gomez, who is under contract at Stuttgart until 2012, seems content to stay put.

Asked in an interview with the Stuttgarter Zeitung where he would be playing next season, he said: "At Stuttgart, I think.

"Here is the only place I have a contract, and where you have a contract is where you play, isn't it?"

Bayern were thought to be looking at Gomez last summer as a possible replacement for Lukas Podolski should he leave the Allianz Arena, but the former Cologne man ended up staying and Gomez is now prepared to continue his development at Stuttgart.

"I never said that I could no longer develop at VfB," he added. "I don't know what will happen in the summer. I only know that I feel very good here and VfB don't want to give me up."
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Music to my ears.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm

He should never come here!!!! There are SOOOOO many good and not-overpaid strikers all around the world. If we need one of the fastest striker I`ve ever seen- Get Bakary Kone from OM! If we want cheap and good finisher- Get Cisse or Adriano. Why not?

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:57 am

Adriano???? Inter's Adriano????? Idont think so

1-The guy doesnt suit our style of play

2-The guy has some very serious attitude problems
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby BayernRtheBest » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:14 am

Well he did say cheep and good, and i guess Adriano is both. Hes not bad, but a good third striker. Anyway it would never happen.
BayernRtheBest

Postby MrLinky » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Well next season its gonna be Toni/Klose/Olic and maybe Donovan.Dont think we're thinking of a new attacker anymore , that part of the squad is wrapped up for next season.If Landon doesnt make it , my guess is that one of the guys from the reserves will be coming up.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Music to my ears.

+1 :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion