You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Götze

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Götze

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:12 pm

He's been given a lot of chances, a lot of position changes, and a lot of support at the expense of better players. He has failed to deliver. That's how he's been ever since he scored that World Cup winning goal. I don't think we'll be seeing him again, especially after the good form of both Draxler and Gomez (until he comes up and scores the Euro winning goal in ET against Belgium).
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby mats19 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Not so fast.. Low belives to much in Gotze.. and Poldi sub was to give him playtime in this Euro, since the game was already won..
Gotze still is the second option for a sub in all attacking positions, I think..
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:29 pm

mats19 wrote:Not so fast.. Low belives to much in Gotze.. and Poldi sub was to give him playtime in this Euro, since the game was already won..
Gotze still is the second option for a sub in all attacking positions, I think..

I agree, especially about the Podoloski sub. Gotze will not be set aside completely, but I beleive he'll be having a much less key role for the team in the next few matches given the quality of the opponents coming up for Germany. He'll have to settle for competing with Schurrle for the super-sub role I guess.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

I frankly have lost all hope in Götze turning his situation around. at this point I just want him to leave Bayern and be done with it. that being said, I'd still like Löw to give him a try in Özil's position in an already won game. Götze has the one thing Özil completely lacks; a knack for goals.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:40 pm

mats19 wrote:Not so fast.. Low belives to much in Gotze.. and Poldi sub was to give him playtime in this Euro, since the game was already won..

This. If Ozil gets suspended I am sure that it would be Gotze who replaces him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

This. If Ozil gets suspended I am sure that it would be Gotze who replaces him.

I think Podolski was given a chance to see if he could deliver on the flank in case Draxler, a notorious mixed performer, decides to under perform next game around.

During the WC Podolski replaced Gotze the same way and the later never resurfaced until the final; on stoppage time, to replace a 90 year old Polish striker on the brink of retirement.

If Oezil disapears, the most likely scenario is Muller moving behind Gomez and going inSane.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion