You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Götze

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Götze

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:56 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004 ... ry.arsenal

I believe if Wenger was ready to pay almost 30m € back then he'll be more than willing to spend such a sum for a quality player under changed financial circumstances today. Like mentioned before he had 100m € for transfers in his war chest.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 am

You'd do well to read the entire article, you know.
Arsène Wenger has put his entire available transfer budget into securing Reyes, but insisted the club would not have to pay the whole fee at once. It is understood a £9m down payment will be made to Sevilla, with the balance contingent on appearances, the number of trophies Arsenal win and his international caps.
Anything more than that down payment is just speculation.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:11 am

How much he eventually paid for Reyes isn't the point at all. You claimed that the idea that Wenger would ever spend big money (40m €) on a player was insane but the article shows that he was ready to spend big money for Reyes in 2003/2004 and now with increased financial possibilities and the pressure to sign new quality players I really believe that there was a big offer from Arsenal. Especially after the Interview in Dortmund I'm very certain about that matter and though they might have exaggerated I dont believe the Dortmund management is lead by liars.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Of course it is the point if the difference is some 20 million euros! :roll:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 pm

quaazi wrote:Of course it is the point if the difference is some 20 million euros! :roll:

40-29=20? But well it doesn't matter anyway.
We both made our points and it's your right to have another opinion but let's stick to the facts:

We know what enormous amounts of money are being paid for talents of Götze's class in the international football business.
We know German and English sources that report about a major offer for Mario Götze.
We heard a statement of Dortmund officials.
We saw Wenger smiling like an imp when he was asked about Götze in the postmatch interview.
We know that Wenger invests in young and highly gifted players, know that he had a lot of money to spend and was under a considerable amount of pressure to sign new quality players due to his bad start into the Premiere League season.

I think everybody can make up their minds to this matter given the information.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:18 pm

We know from many Portuguese and German sources that Coentrao is pretty much a Bayern player right now.
We can obviously trust Dortmund's words about the market value of their star player.
We can make deductions about a club's transfer policy based on the facial expressions of the manager (for example, Fergie wants to sign Chewie from Star Wars).
We know that he was under a considerable amount of pressure to sign new quality experienced players after already signing a promising young winger, a mildly-proven young winger, a completely unknown young striker and a 19-year-old Finn from... Charlton.

Hence he obviously pays 40 million for Götze. =D>
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Easy guys :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Maybe Man Utd offered certain amount of money but I still think that it wasnt more than 20mil€...they also needed a playmaker and like we saw Ferguson was into youngsters this summer:)

Bigger clubs than Dortmund couldnt refuse the offer of 40mil€ so I dont see why they would..as they still have some debt to pay off....and those 40mil€ [considering he almost had no expenses with him] is the best money injection a club like Dortmund can dream of.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby rotweiss » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

The best injection of money that BVB could ever dream of is winning the CL and all the glory and prestige that comes with it. Selling off Goetze to some EPL club is not the road that will lead to success in the CL, you DON"T become a CL power by being a FEEDER club, it doesn't happen! Dortmund need to keep their best players and improve their depth with as much quality as possible so they can be a CL contender year in and year out. When that happens the money will flow into their accounts faster than they can count.

Selling Sahin off for peanuts to Real was bad enough, but don't compound that blatant mistake by selling off your best young talent to a team you are trying to beat in the CL. Instead use Goetze as your rock to build a strong foundation around for the future of your club for many years to come. Would Bayern sell Muller to Real or City??? No, they would not and I wouldn't want them too! :mrgreen:
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 am

I agree that a constant participation in the Champions League is the key for long term success but Dortmund will have a hard time to keep their best players.

It started with Sahin in the last summer though they had no choice but to let him go due to clause in his contract. The only thing one could argue about is that they failed to extend his contract earlier in the season but Sahin played his cards it well. He always claimed to "love" Dortmund so everybody would be reassured that he eventually signs a new contract. Remember Ballack anyone? :mrgreen:
For me it is obvious that they'll have to sell Götze sooner that they'd like and it might be a good deal, too. Let it be 30-35m € which I think is a realistic sum (I believe 40m € are a bit exaggerated but perhaps I'm wrong). Such a transfer fee would not only allow them to buy a direct replacement (Reus perhaps?) but even another quality player and on top of that maybe pay off some debt or keep their squad together in a year without CL participations.

If Götze can show his talents at the EURO 2012 I'm sure we'll see a very hot transfer summer.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby chardos » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 am

If Götze goes anywhere, I hope for the NT's sake it will be somewhere that actually values his skills, and not a club that says 'ooh, shiny!!' and signs him to the bench when they already have 4-5 players vying for that position. (*cough* Sahin *cough*)
chardos

"That is football, we have seen it in the past. It is not always the better team that have the cup in the end .. It is hard to find words for that, but football is not everything."
-Thomas Müller
chardos
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Yes the best injection of money is playing in CL every season...but I am afraid that wont happen...as soon as they dont qualify for CL they will need to sell their best players...because market is too strong for them.

Players like Goetze etc...are wanted by big clubs that can offer salary €5mil+ a year...and Dortmund wont be able to pay that if they fail to qualify for CL every year.
I realy want them to become strong in Europe again but that is really hard for them as for any other BL team except for Bayern.

Look at Hamburg, Leverkusen, Werder, Schalke, Stuttgart etc...they all perticipated in CL every few years but they couldnt keep their best players due to the market prices.
While we were the only one that could say...OK we havent qualified for the CL this year...we will spend 60-70 mil€ to buy some top players and than make sure we are in CL next year.
Teams like Dortmund cant say that because if they dont qualify for CL they wont be able to spend that kind of money on reinforcements because they dont have it. they will need to sell 1 or 2 players just to get even at the end of the year.

That is the biggest problem for all other BL clubs.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Yes the best injection of money is playing in CL every season...but I am afraid that wont happen...as soon as they dont qualify for CL they will need to sell their best players...because market is too strong for them.

Case in point - Leeds United.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 pm

I think we already have an understanding with Goetze, like the one we had with Neuer, that he will join us in summer 2013....
We'll see...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Doubt it....but it seems that Ulli and the rest of our board are all over Goetze....and if that is the case I fancy our chances:)
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion