You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Götze

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Götze

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 am

Damn.... we really are pushing for this guy... but we seem a bit too much confident regarding it dont' we? If reports are to be believed, they rejeceted around 30M Arsenal bid... why would they sell him to us for anything less than 1.5x that figure ??

Regardless, getting him to Bayern would be one of the best moves ever...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 am

Because

1) They rejected Arsenal's bid on the same season they already sold one of their key players.
2) They were coming off a hugely successful season and wanted to keep a strong squad for the CL.
3) Götze's contract still had a lot of time to run.

All three of those reasons aren't a factor next season, as I doubt they'll be selling anyone apart from him (if at all) after this season. And they also don't seem to perform as well as they did before, so their ambition has been curtailed quite nicely. And finally, I think that after this season Götze has only 2 years left on his contract. The difference between 3 and 2 years left is pretty big - with two years left, they have to decide his long-term future (as in will they attempt to keep him, if they'll attempt to keep him for merely one season and sell for a reduced price, or will they go for the money this season).

I do think that a lot of this will be dependent on how good either team performs this season. Right now it looks like Bayern has a 75% chance of nailing the domestic league. If Dortmund does not win the league, Götze's illusions about achieving great things with Dortmund will probably be broken (similar to Neuer and Schalke). The further Dortmund goes in the CL, the less our chances - Dortmund will receive CL money and Götze will think more highly of their chances. On the flipside, should we manage to pull off the CL win... well, can't see how he would resist that temptation.

Finally, the EUROs in 2012 will give Götze some time to mingle with the Bayern boys in the national team, this was again a big factor in Neuer's decision to join.

I'm just listing the possible factors that can influence this transfer. Personally, I don't think he'll arrive in Bayern as long as we have Robbery in full gear. Then again, what if Robben will be sold after this season, for some insane money to Anzhi, for example? I have a higher opinion about Ribery's long term future in Bayern than Robben's.

Personally, I do not think he'll join us after this season unless something extraordinary happens (CL win and/or Robben sale). 2013, however, provided he isn't picked up by another big club...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 pm

If past experiences are any indication, Robben playing through the summer of 2012 on the Euro Cup would mean we take a huge risk of loosing him for the better part of next season. Management must realize we need someone who doubles as CAM or winger other than Mueller. We can't rely on Kroos replacing Mueller as CAM in every single Liga/CL game. That is where Goetze fits in perfectly.

Alaba can do Ribéry nicely. Goetze plus a back up striker until our Petersen+Usami combo get acclimatized? Count me in. Don't forget a new CB backup please (or two.)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm not so sure we should sign Mario Götze at all. I honestly acknowledge his class but he stated that his best and favorite position is in the offensive midfield where we already have Müller and Kroos. What we need instead is a quality winger as competition / backup for Ribéry and Robben and therefore I'd prefer to spend 18m € for Reus who has superior speed, dribbling skills and accurate crosses instead of a 40m € rated playmaker like Götze.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 pm

MoFattal wrote:Damn.... we really are pushing for this guy... but we seem a bit too much confident regarding it dont' we? If reports are to be believed, they rejeceted around 30M Arsenal bid... why would they sell him to us for anything less than 1.5x that figure ??

Actually it was 40 million Euros !!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

That is just a rumour about Arsenal offering 40mil€...do you really think that Arsenal [cheapest club on the planet] offered anything more than 15-18 mil€? even if they received enough money from Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy transfers.

And another reason why I think it is total bullshit....Dortmund sold Sahin for pocket change to Real Madrid and he was their best player and a leader last season.
So if anyone offered Dortmund more than 20mil€ [foreign clubs ofcourse] they would ship him via DHL Express :)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Sahin was different, he had a release clause. Dortmund had no option than to let him negotiate with Real, and as we all saw, Sahin was very interested in making a switch up from the club that developed him into the player he is.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:That is just a rumour about Arsenal offering 40mil€...do you really think that Arsenal [cheapest club on the planet] offered anything more than 15-18 mil€? even if they received enough money from Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy transfers.

Well Dortmund themselves announced that They've Refused an offer of 40 million euros , and that it feels good to be able to refuse huge offers

THEY DID NOT NAME CLUBS , but magazines kept saying arsenal
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Element wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:That is just a rumour about Arsenal offering 40mil€...do you really think that Arsenal [cheapest club on the planet] offered anything more than 15-18 mil€? even if they received enough money from Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy transfers.

Well Dortmund themselves announced that They've Refused an offer of 40 million euros , and that it feels good to be able to refuse huge offers

THEY DID NOT NAME CLUBS , but magazines kept saying arsenal

Well.... Dortmund obviously bolstered the rumors in saying that... they are implying that Goetze's price are that high, so if they were to sell him some time, they have already made the market ready for a big fee....

I'm certain that there was no 40M offer at all...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Probably.The mere idea of Wenger paying 40 million for anyone seemed insane to me anyway.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:19 pm

quaazi wrote:Probably.The mere idea of Wenger paying 40 million for anyone seemed insane to me anyway.

He paid 35m € for 19 years old Antonio Reyes so such a fee wouldn't be out of the question especially when you consider that Arsenal had over 100m € in their war chest for the summer transfer period and were under pressure to sign new quality players after a miserable start into the new Premiere League season. On top of that he smiled like an imp after the CL game in Dortmund when he was asked about his interest for Mario Götze. Perhaps the 40m € are a little exaggerated but I believe that they offered something around 30m €, possibly even a little more.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't know where you're taking the 35m figure from, wikipedia says he was purchased for 10.5 million pounds, which could rise to 17 million depending on his performance. With the exchange rates at place in 2003, that'd be 25 million euros TOPS. Maybe you mean the total value of the deal (transfer fee PLUS wages for the length of the contract)? That's a whole different thing.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 pm

quaazi wrote:I don't know where you're taking the 35m figure from, wikipedia says he was purchased for 10.5 million pounds, which could rise to 17 million depending on his performance. With the exchange rates at place in 2003, that'd be 25 million euros TOPS. Maybe you mean the total value of the deal (transfer fee PLUS wages for the length of the contract)? That's a whole different thing.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/jose-ant ... _7717.html states the transfer fee with 35m € (like German sources back then did, too) and several English sources like the guardian talked about 20-21m Pounds.

In 2003 the British Pound was considerably stronger than the Euro! In 2003 1 British Pound was worth more than 1,60€ so assuming the 21m Pounds are correct we get a transfer fee of 33,6m €.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby uzi716 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am

Gotze will be expensive, we should consider Kagawa. He went through that run of amazing form in which he was the best player on the team before getting injured.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am

A BBC article from the time of the signing says 17.5 million pounds as well. And at the time of the singing (January 2004) the exchange rate was 1 pound = 1.45563 euros, so it's still 25 million euros.

I think the 35 million figure is adjusted for inflation over the course of 7 years. But it definitely was not a 35 million euro transfer fee then.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion