You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Götze

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Mario Götze

Postby endrity » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:09 am

Yes. Because it seems like he's lost pace and acceleration and he'll probably never get that back due to his health problems. But he has good technique and he reads the game well, so he might be able to have more impact from a more withdrawn position.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:00 am

endrity wrote:Yes. Because it seems like he's lost pace and acceleration and he'll probably never get that back due to his health problems. But he has good technique and he reads the game well, so he might be able to have more impact from a more withdrawn position.

I agree, though if he does manage to somehow regain his pace and acceleration he needs to move back on that wing. He's got the skills for a superb classic #10.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:53 am

I was quite impressed with him against us today. Created two really good chances, showed that he can dribble well again, was very press resistant, made good runs off the ball, positioned himself exceptionally well pressing, and had really good decision making. He should probably be played as a number 10 now that he's back up to strength.
Last edited by Manchu on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:13 am

He really should've started, he's been one of Dortmund's best players for like a month now (if not the best). The decision to have him on the bench and sub in while Castro played 90min was truly baffling to me...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 am

aterford wrote:He really should've started, he's been one of Dortmund's best players for like a month now (if not the best). The decision to have him on the bench and sub in while Castro played 90min was truly baffling to me...

Whatever the idiotic reasoning behind it, I'm glad for it. We very well might not have won if Gotze had started. We completely lost the ability to play through Dortmund's press the moment he came on, and we were forced to just bomb it forward far too many times. It's not often that I see Hummels being forced to play a long ball to no one, and the maddening thing was Gotze didn't even need to sprint to force it. He just always knew just where to position himself in order to disrupt the buildup.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion