You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Mario Basler

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Mario Basler

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Check this out, it's hilarious. Basler does his own impersonation of Zidane :)

Last edited by MUTU on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby frankie13 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:30 pm

its a shame he is still not playing for bayern
frankie13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Well, he's very old now :) I wish we still had Effenberg :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Mario Basler

Postby diegis » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:29 pm

MUTU wrote:Check this out, it's hilarious. Basler does his own impersonation of Zidane :)

hahahahaha :D
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Greek Bavarian » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:11 pm

He said: "They are having three problems in my opinion. Toni Kroos is not a holding midfielder, Thomas Muller is looking lost, and there's the situation with Robben."

I couldn't agree more, in all three.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 pm

AvatarX wrote:He said: "They are having three problems in my opinion. Toni Kroos is not a holding midfielder, Thomas Muller is looking lost, and there's the situation with Robben."

I couldn't agree more, in all three.

I agree too, our results were better when Robben wasn't playing.

Jupp won't like to here this:

It doesn't matter whether he's a star. It's all about the team. Bayern could end second or third in the table if they don't make changes, and that won't be enough for them.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:30 pm

I disagree. Our results without Robben may have been better but that's not his fault. The entire team is misfiring at the moment. Robben is improving every game and ike someone said after the last game he is not so selfish anymore.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby es_bih » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Schweini-Gustavo as CDMs ... Robbery, and figure out what to do with Muller or Kroos at CF/CAM
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby KAHN » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 am

Unfortunately at the moment Basler is right. But the worst thing is that Jupp will continue to hold them in the starting lineup. :evil:
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ronnie98 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am

what a stupid thing from Basler to say about robben.. Last game vs hamburg, robben was almost the best player, did slightly better than ribery and much much better than muller or kroos, gomez was not even playing. The one to be dropped from 3-4 months ago is muller. he is doing the opposite of being productive, can't get a pass or a shot right. Still have no idea why the coach leaves him with the team??!!
About Robben being predicatble: thats his style in going forward, thats how he dribbles, how in the world can you change it??? + the way he cuts in is what makes him Arjen Robben. Do Ribery's cuts always materialize???? I remember round of 16 vs Inter last year, ribery was disastrous in his cut ins, not succeeding with any.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eliasov » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:14 pm

he is right , and I'm against extending Robben's contract TBH , he's too injury prone , predictable and after the last injury he's always out of form and playing to avoid injuries ...
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ronnie98 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 pm

eliasov wrote:he is right , and I'm against extending Robben's contract TBH , he's too injury prone , predictable and after the last injury he's always out of form and playing to avoid injuries ...

predictable yea you are right....thats why most of his goals and shots on taraget have been through cutting to the left.
playing to avoid injuries....thats why he is defending for the last few games. dude your opinions are biased.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

What Robben needs to become less predictable is some training with his right foot. He barely uses it to cross or shoot and always cuts in the middle to shoot with his left foot. On the other hand Ribery crosses and shoots with both of his feet.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Don't you think its a bit too late for him to train that ?
I mean he has played this way all his life and he is 28 years old now.
And when in top-form even thought defenders know what he is going to do they cant stop him :P
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion