You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Marcell Jansen

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Duncan » Thu May 24, 2007 6:32 pm

both, he'll add depth at the LB spot in competing with Lahm, and this will also force Sagnol to play better since Lahm can play his position as well. Additionally Jansen adds depth at the LM spot since a Schweinsteiger is wasted there and potential LM candidates like Robben are a bit injury prone
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Thu May 24, 2007 7:48 pm

fcelber87 wrote:This should mean no more Ze. We need players in the middle, not on the left. If there are any players we do not need on the team it's left mids or backs. We need a CM or a RM (Sosa or Quaresma, or Ribery), and we need great strikers. Whatever, if Bayern dont get any "great" players this summer, they would once again broken a promise.

but i think bayern want zé as CM and after they will sign a RM or LM (it depends if they sign quaresma, robben or ribéry). and schweisnteiger would change his position.
our midfield would be this:

Mr.X----------vbommel---------zé----------schweinsteiger
sosa-----------altintop---------ottl-----------jansen
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:26 pm

fcelber87 wrote:This should mean no more Ze.

no, Ze Roberto played for Santos in CM spot and this made him the best player in Brazil. I wrote it already several times on different boards. I fZe is coming back he'll play alongside MvB in the center
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcelber87 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Duncan wrote:
fcelber87 wrote:This should mean no more Ze.

no, Ze Roberto played for Santos in CM spot and this made him the best player in Brazil. I wrote it already several times on different boards. I fZe is coming back he'll play alongside MvB in the center

umm. I think Ze would do well in the middle too. I think Jansen can either be a great bayern star (schweini), or a complete flop (Rau). we'll have to see. If Sosa plays at Bayern like he has been at Estudiantes, I bet he'll be a great as well (Altintop not so much). I, however, am looking forward to seeing whoever Mr.X is (as xevi put it). Lets hope is Ribery or Quaresma. Either player would be quite a coup.

Also, couldn't Schladraff play in the CM as an attacking mid (like Kaka)? Im worried we have too many players of the same calabre and strengths playing for the same positions.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:57 pm

Jansen won't flop I'm totally sure about it
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Tifon » Thu May 24, 2007 9:10 pm

Its official

Jansen will join Bayern.

Bayern web page:

http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/news/ne ... 62b43c446a
Tifon
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Thu May 24, 2007 9:45 pm

One good thing is that we're certainly adding depth to the team by having multiple good players that overlap positionally on the left: Jansen, Lahm, Schweini, and even Schlaudraff plays mostly shifted towards the left (LW). The same with CDM, having at least four who can play well that position: Van Bommel, Altintop, Ottl and Demichelis. On the right is where we are still lacking is my impression, unless they start playing Schweini on that side. I think we still need a creative CM/CAM and good wingers such as Robben or Quaresma, but I'm starting to doubt that we will bring any player of that caliber.
Rummenigge and Hoeness were all talking about how agressive they were gonna be in the transfer market but I don't really buy it. Being agressive is making an offer that can't be refused, one that would bring the best. If rumours are true about an 8 million offer for Van Persie, well that's just a ridiculous joke of an offer, thats not being agresive at all. Being agressive is offering more than what the player is really being appraised for (if we really want that player), such that it is a nobrainer to accept the offer. To make offers such as Chelsea does. Evidently we cannot compete with them or any other of the big clubs and make astronomic offers that would bring a player like Eto, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, but if you are going for someone like Van Persie or Robben make a really agressive offer.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fcelber87 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm

walter wrote:One good thing is that we're certainly adding depth to the team by having multiple good players that overlap positionally on the left: Jansen, Lahm, Schweini, and even Schlaudraff plays mostly shifted towards the left (LW). The same with CDM, having at least four who can play well that position: Van Bommel, Altintop, Ottl and Demichelis. On the right is where we are still lacking is my impression, unless they start playing Schweini on that side. I think we still need a creative CM/CAM and good wingers such as Robben or Quaresma, but I'm starting to doubt that we will bring any player of that caliber.
Rummenigge and Hoeness were all talking about how agressive they were gonna be in the transfer market but I don't really buy it. Being agressive is making an offer that can't be refused, one that would bring the best. If rumours are true about an 8 million offer for Van Persie, well that's just a ridiculous joke of an offer, thats not being agresive at all. Being agressive is offering more than what the player is really being appraised for (if we really want that player), such that it is a nobrainer to accept the offer. To make offers such as Chelsea does. Evidently we cannot compete with them or any other of the big clubs and make astronomic offers that would bring a player like Eto, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, but if you are going for someone like Van Persie or Robben make a really agressive offer.

word, well put.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby maax » Fri May 25, 2007 6:57 am

i always see that lahm and shweini don't play as well as they play with the national team because there are competion there between the players , but with the incoming of jensen there will be a competion between the three of them ,
maax
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby bm72 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:57 am

a good buy 8)
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

did you noticed this words

Postby shydo1 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:33 am

The Monchengladbach-born talent joins Hamit Alintop, Jan Schlaudraff and Ernesto Sosa as Bayern’s fourth confirmed new arrival for the coming campaign. More signings will be announced shortly.
this was from bayern official website.
i hope they get klose, ribery ,quaresma& luca
shydo1
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aadapi » Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am

i want to know how good is he?
aadapi
Getting the hang of it

Transfer Complete.

Postby SNAKE » Fri May 25, 2007 2:48 pm

I guess this topic should be closed Marcell Jansen has officially join Fc Bayern Munchen on a 4 year deal. BTW How much did we pay?? I heard its just about €9M.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: Transfer Complete.

Postby FC Bajern » Fri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm

SNAKE wrote:I heard its just about €9M.

That's about right.
FC Bajern

Marcell Jansen

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Tender calf floors Bayern's Jansen

Germany left-back Marcell Jansen faces a race against time to be fit for the start of FC Bayern München's UEFA Cup campaign after sustaining a calf injury in training.

Calf problem

The 21-year-old has been ruled out of Bayern's Bundesliga game against Werder Bremen on Saturday and Germany's friendly in England on Wednesday. He now may face a battle to be fit in time for the UEFA Cup first round, which begins with the first leg against yet-to-be-decided opponents on 20 September.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacu ... acup/index
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion