You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Marcell Jansen

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Paddy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Duncan wrote:
MUTU wrote:He played very well against the Czech Republic, but I still think Lahm is better than him at LB and Schweini is better than him at LM. But the good thing is that both Schweini and Lahm can play on the right, so he's likely to get many games especially when we have injuries and out-of-form players.

The LM is not Schweinis future :wink:

Um...he plays the best on AML
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Um...he plays the best on AML

At which position would you rather integrate a youngster into a squad full of experienced players (e.g. Bayern's squad as Schweini was called up)? In the center or on the wings? Which positions bears the most responsibility for such a youngster? Promising youngster are often introduced in the wing position and with their career moving on and on they are often moved into the center. Some might say: Magath tried this experiment already and it didn't work, but I'll ask those whether the the squad mismanagement and the tactical chaos were to blame for the failure than Schweinis capabilities?

and just for the record in the youth teams Schweinsteiger never played on the wings. Needless to speak of all the limitations a right footer like Schweinsteiger has on the left side
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:15 pm

He played like crap at AMC.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Duncan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Paddy wrote:He played like crap at AMC.

and who at Bayern didn't play crap at that time? :wink:
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Paddy wrote:He played like crap at AMC.

At the time he was out of form and playing badly at AML as well.
With his good long range shot, it's a bit of a pity that he plays on the side. He's also one of the most, if not the most, creative players we have in our first team... and usually these kind of players play in the centre.

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing in AMC, but since we're talking about next season, I wouldn't mind seeing a superstar (the 30 million guy they promised us) there. The AMC position is crying for some huge quality.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:37 am

Jansen: In demandSchalke join Jansen chase

Schalke are the latest club to make their interest in Borussia Monchengladbach full-back Marcel Jansen official.

The Royal Blues have joined a long list of clubs who are preparing for an auction this summer to sign the Germany international.

Bayern Munich lead the way ahead of Bayer Leverkusen, Werder Bremen and Stuttgart, but Schalke may have the edge in negotiations if they can win the Bundesliga this season.

"We know that he currently wants to concentrate on the relegation battle (with Monchengladbach) and we will not interfere with that," explained Schalke general manager Andreas Muller.

"We contacted his agent a little while ago, but it was nothing more than an enquiry."

Jansen shone for Germany in last Saturday's 2-1 win over the Czech Republic and, despite having over a year left to run on his contract in Gladbach, is certain to leave should they be relegated.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Duncan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:40 pm

with yesterday'S defeat against Hamburg an exit form Jansen at Gladbach becomes more and more likely since their relegation is imminent. Hopefully Bayern does everything to sign this kid
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby kevh26 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:51 pm

although, yeah he is a decent player, i really don't want to see the board make a move for him... I would rather see 2 top draw players than 4 of jansens quality!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Barca enter Jansen race

Postby charger256 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Catalan giants Barcelona are the latest club to be linked with German sensation Marcell Jansen, who looks set to leave relegation-doomed Borussia Monchengladbach this summer.

The 21-year-old has been the star of an otherwise frustrating season for bottom-placed Monchengladbach and, after Bayern Munich appeared as initial favourites to win his signature, the race looks wide open now.

"Barca signalled that they are interested," Jansen's adviser Gerd Vom Bruch told Kicker, but the agent insisted that his client is not ready to start negotiations before The Foals' fate this season is decided.

"It is a matter of fact that we are not talking to any club representatives at the moment," claimed Vom Bruch.

Jansen, who prefers to star at left-back, but also excels in midfield and even up front, made his Bundesliga debut two years ago and after progressing from the Under 21s has since established himself as a regular contender in Joachim Low's national team.

He is tied to Borussia-Park until 2009, but the five-time German champions, who turned down interest from Real Madrid last summer, have already suggested that they are willing to listen to any offers starting at €10million (£6.8million) should they fail to avoid the drop down to Bundesliga Zwei.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby iplayfm2007 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:23 pm

i think that marcell jansen would be a good signing and a good cover for philip lahm
iplayfm2007
Getting the hang of it

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:32 pm

I think it would be a good signing but if we cant get him but want a LB i would like to see Christian Pander from shalke 04
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Well he should be something nice and talented when the looks of Madrid Barca Schalke are interested in him.

I never heard the guy but i dont know, if we need him in our new reconstructing campaign then sign him but if not ..if we buy him i mean and he is on the bench all the time then waste of money.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby iplayfm2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:50 pm

he's a good player and bayern should sign him.i signed him at fm2007 and he's clearly a good player :D
iplayfm2007
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:41 pm

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=24&a=41361

Basically they are saying that he's likely to move to Barcelona for 8-9 million euros and that there was a secret meeting between the player's agent and the Barcelona officials and he was offered a four year contract of 1.7 million euros per season.

I think Bayern could top that, considering they offered Toni 5.5 million euros per season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:37 pm

We only need an orgnizer with a strong personalty and a playmaker who could turn matches upside-down :?
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion