You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Marcell Jansen

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm

MUTU wrote:But Lahm could play on his preferred side, the right, while Jansen could play on the left. Just like they did so many times for Germany. But then, despite what Lahm thinks is his best position, his best performances came playing as LB in my opinion.

Exactly , the coach knows it best , and thats why Hitzfeld played him on the left all the time and so does Klinsmann .
If u remember in the European championship the german side played like that , with Jansen as LB and Lahm as RB , and then came the Croatia game
in which the 'Mannschaft' made a terrible overall performance , but especially the defense looked all over the place .
Then in the next game Low decided to put Lahm back on the left and Friedrich on the right and they made it to the final .
I doubt they would have beaten the Portuguese with the defense as it was in the first two matches .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 am

MrLinky wrote:Exactly , the coach knows it best , and thats why Hitzfeld played him on the left all the time and so does Klinsmann .
If u remember in the European championship the german side played like that , with Jansen as LB and Lahm as RB , and then came the Croatia game
in which the 'Mannschaft' made a terrible overall performance , but especially the defense looked all over the place .
Then in the next game Low decided to put Lahm back on the left and Friedrich on the right and they made it to the final .
I doubt they would have beaten the Portuguese with the defense as it was in the first two matches .

Yeah, that is true. Lahm usually plays a lot better as LB than RB, and we have Sagnol for RB, even if he has injuries quite often.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Jansen announced his retirement at the age of 29!!!

It is on Bild+ so when i find a free article i will post it
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Element wrote:Jansen announced his retirement at the age of 29!!!

why? Was he seriously inj? Never was a fan of his tbh... But I am really :(
for him...
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Very sorry to hear that. I thought he was quite a good player - often putting in good performances for the Germany national team - but he doesn't seem to have much of a run of luck of late, playing in teams below his own standard and paying for the inevitable results.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 pm

This is fairly out of the blue indeed! I'm guessing he has a comfy job lined up though - he was a high profile player after all.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Element wrote:Jansen announced his retirement at the age of 29!!!

Jansen said "this step wasnt easy , i have thought a lot during vacation , there were many good offers but continuing is not an option for me , I cant play 2 or 3 years in a place i cant 100% back up . In the past few years i was very emotionally-connected to Hamburger SV,I will keep living in Hamburg and will always love the club , Gladbach obviously too , but now going to any other club? NO ! I dont want to lie to any club of fans or to fake something If i am not completely behind it"

"I dont want to lie at anyone , and my feeling says that 3 clubs in my career are enough , I can not suddenly start kissing other emblems"

Benfica and Everton were interested in him (2 good clubs tbh), he commented on that "Fantastic Clubs without Doubt , but they are not 100% appealing"

==============
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby albanian7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MrLinky wrote:Exactly , the coach knows it best , and thats why Hitzfeld played him on the left all the time and so does Klinsmann .

Yeah, that is true. Lahm usually plays a lot better as LB than RB, and we have Sagnol for RB, even if he has injuries quite often.

I came here because of the new post, and just read this.
I felt the same way back in 2008 and now I feel stupid :p
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:06 am

Is he depressed or something!?!

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Why would a mediocre team like Hamburg not extend his contract is beyond me.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:20 pm

walter wrote:Why would a mediocre team like Hamburg not extend his contract is beyond me.

They need the money to employ and sack 2 managers per season.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:37 pm

albanian7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I came here because of the new post, and just read this.
I felt the same way back in 2008 and now I feel stupid :p

Ahh if only I knew what would happen to Sagnol. :cry: I liked Jansen though.

Sad news. It's a weird case.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:08 am

rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Previous