You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Marcell Jansen

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Jorge wrote:- we have 4 players that somehow can play his position, this includes Breno who can also play on the flanks of the defense.


If someone can play at RB it doesn't mean that he can also cut it at LB. Lahm (and to some short extent Schweinsteiger) is the only player experienced at playing in the LB position.


Certainly Schweinsteiger can play there to short extend, he is better on the right and better at the midfield line.

I agree with you on one thing: We have too many players that can play on the right and quite less that can play on the left, that's why I said "somehow"




Now after the signing of Oddo its gonna be Oddo/Sagnol at RB and
Lahm/Lell on LB which isnt the most optimal solution to our full back problem .

What if Lahm gets injured seriously , Klinsmann believes that Lell can play in the champions league on the left flank and stop players like joe cole and co.!?
He's enough for the Bundesliga but in europeam competitions I get headache when I think of the prospect of Lell playing in the starting 11 .
Last edited by MrLinky on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Postby shwas55 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm

I think Kilnsi is overpowered by uli, thats they only answer i can find for this stupid move we saw in the world cup klinsi always favored the younger players, to sell Jensen and buy the 32 Oddo doesnt sound like him.

Klinsi been overpowered is not a good sign at all......

I cant beleive instead of getting rid off one of our stupid stuffed up central midfielders, we got rid off Jensen.
I was happy when i heared Kombany wanted to leave Hamburg i though we will make the move and get him instead he went to Man city and we lost Jensen

Uli you should have retired The day you got Felix Magath to coach bayern.
Time is up Uli please leave peacefully.
User avatar
shwas55
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:46 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:26 pm

shwas55 wrote:to sell Jensen and buy the 32 Oddo doesnt sound like him.


We didn't buy Oddo. We loaned him from Milan i.e. his age is pretty irrelevant because he'll only play with Bayern for one season. It's better to get an experienced guy on loan than a young and promising one. What I don't agree on is getting yet another right footed fullback.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:to sell Jensen and buy the 32 Oddo doesnt sound like him.


We didn't buy Oddo. We loaned him from Milan i.e. his age is pretty irrelevant because he'll only play with Bayern for one season. It's better to get an experienced guy on loan than a young and promising one. What I don't agree on is getting yet another right footed fullback.



We do have the option to buy him at the end of the season though .
If we're gonna use that option is going to depend on Oddo and the football
he plays during this year .
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Postby Jorge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm

MrLinky wrote:
MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:to sell Jensen and buy the 32 Oddo doesnt sound like him.


We didn't buy Oddo. We loaned him from Milan i.e. his age is pretty irrelevant because he'll only play with Bayern for one season. It's better to get an experienced guy on loan than a young and promising one. What I don't agree on is getting yet another right footed fullback.



We do have the option to buy him at the end of the season though .
If we're gonna use that option is going to depend on Oddo and the football
he plays during this year .


Are we heading in the direction of becoming a nursing home for the Serie A, Luca Toni itself is an excellent short term solution but he is approaching the age when he can not play every 3 days, now another 30 something year old italian... Are we going to become the LA Galaxy of Germany? :shock:
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 1042 times
Gender: Male

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Jorge wrote:
MrLinky wrote:
MUTU wrote:
shwas55 wrote:to sell Jensen and buy the 32 Oddo doesnt sound like him.


We didn't buy Oddo. We loaned him from Milan i.e. his age is pretty irrelevant because he'll only play with Bayern for one season. It's better to get an experienced guy on loan than a young and promising one. What I don't agree on is getting yet another right footed fullback.



We do have the option to buy him at the end of the season though .
If we're gonna use that option is going to depend on Oddo and the football
he plays during this year .


Are we heading in the direction of becoming a nursing home for the Serie A, Luca Toni itself is an excellent short term solution but he is approaching the age when he can not play every 3 days, now another 30 something year old italian... Are we going to become the LA Galaxy of Germany? :shock:




The nr.1 italian 'nursing home' called AC Milan won the champions league
twice in the last 5 years so Im not too sure about that argument . :wink:
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 pm

MrLinky wrote:The nr.1 italian 'nursing home' called AC Milan won the champions league
twice in the last 5 years so Im not too sure about that argument . :wink:


At the same time he wasn't even first team in the Milan squad that got 5th place in the Serie A :( And he didn't make the Euro 2008 squad either.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
MrLinky wrote:The nr.1 italian 'nursing home' called AC Milan won the champions league
twice in the last 5 years so Im not too sure about that argument . :wink:


At the same time he wasn't even first team in the Milan squad that got 5th place in the Serie A :( And he didn't make the Euro 2008 squad either.



But he was 1st team when they won the champions league and he played 2 magnificent games against us , was one of the best performers in that quarter-final in the Milan team .
Im not trying to say that Oddo is the best thing that could've happened to us , cuz he's not , he is just a decent signing that might help us out for a year .
My point is that this whole young vs. old players debate is stupid cuz there are only good players who can help a team and not so good players who
are unuseful , or would u rather keep a player in ur team who might (!)
be ur star player in 5 years , instead of getting a 30 year old player , who would help remove the weakness in ur team immediatly !?
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 am

wow he left 2 hamburg??
i just found out 2day watchin the game
the commentators were saying something about him having a fight with jurgen??
if anyone knows tell me more
i actually liked him as a player and enjoyed the way he played
its a sheam he had 2 leave at least we picked up ODDO wich has been talked about highly i can only wait 2 see bayern play in europ this season this year!!!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
User avatar
MunchenFC
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Corzoplex, Megoplex
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender: Male

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, I was certainly sad to see Jansen go, but I think Oddo will fit in great with Bayern. Still, I think like Jurgen Klinsmann, I'd rather have a young and promising player.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31135
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8767 times
Been thanked: 7366 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re:

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:18 pm

MunchenFC wrote:wow he left 2 hamburg??
i just found out 2day watchin the game
the commentators were saying something about him having a fight with jurgen??
if anyone knows tell me more
i actually liked him as a player and enjoyed the way he played
its a sheam he had 2 leave at least we picked up ODDO wich has been talked about highly i can only wait 2 see bayern play in europ this season this year!!!!




He didnt have a fight with Klinsi , the things is Jurgen told him that he has little perspective in playing first team football ,
cuz on the left we got Lahm and so he decided to leave to be able to play more first team football .
So I would say they had a minor disagreement which led to the tranfer but not a fight , I mean Klinsmann was the first coach if Im not mistaken
to call up Jansen for Germany .
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

I thought Jansen was not playing because he wasn't completely fit. I always considered Jansen to be a better player to Lell, and the national team coaches agree with this because Lell has never been called up to play for Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:01 pm

MUTU wrote:I thought Jansen was not playing because he wasn't completely fit. I always considered Jansen to be a better player to Lell, and the national team coaches agree with this because Lell has never been called up to play for Germany.



agreed
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
User avatar
MunchenFC
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Corzoplex, Megoplex
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender: Male

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:I thought Jansen was not playing because he wasn't completely fit. I always considered Jansen to be a better player to Lell, and the national team coaches agree with this because Lell has never been called up to play for Germany.



Yea but the thing is Lell didnt have no competition on the right side because of the often injuries that Sagnol suffered , while
on the other hand Jansen had Lahm in front of him the whole time , so guess the transfer was a bit of bad luck with the injuries and the fact
that he had so hard competition in Philipp Lahm and didnt see no future for himself in Munchen .
Lell's presence on the RB position is just a result of good luck (for him , and bad luck for Sagnol ) and hard work , cuz Im sure we all agree that he hasnt
the talent that Jansen has .
User avatar
MrLinky
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2299
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:17 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Gender: Male

Re: Marcell Jansen

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:07 pm

But Lahm could play on his preferred side, the right, while Jansen could play on the left. Just like they did so many times for Germany. But then, despite what Lahm thinks is his best position, his best performances came playing as LB in my opinion.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo! [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 11 guests