You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:40 am

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:49 am

He is the most busy goalkeeper in the world.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:04 am

What the hell has happened to him..2016 is by far his worst year..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:47 pm

prasun77 wrote:What the hell has happened to him..2016 is by far his worst year..

Hope you're aware that you're complaining on a VERY high level here?! ;)
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:28 pm

#12 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:What the hell has happened to him..2016 is by far his worst year..

Hope you're aware that you're complaining on a VERY high level here?! ;)

You know you're complaining on a VERY high level when even #12 admits it. :mrgreen:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:43 pm

hmm..I Know but..Messi has not scored for FIVE Matches and look what they are doing to him..huntelaar doesn't score for 10 and nobody bats an eye..you are getting my point here?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You know you're complaining on a VERY high level when even #12 admits it. :mrgreen:

hey, I'm more or less always aware of that, never said anything else... Thing is, we ARE on a high level, and IMHO some people - not mentioning any names here... :P - fail to match it... ;)

prasun77 wrote:hmm..I Know but..Messi has not scored for FIVE Matches and look what they are doing to him..huntelaar doesn't score for 10 and nobody bats an eye..you are getting my point here?

I am - was just pointing it out... If THIS is his worst, then I'm really looking forward to him peaking again... ;)
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby coolguycosta » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 pm

https://youtu.be/KPNLSjvgUgs?t=4m31s

Don't say I didn't tell you so.
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

What did you tell us? That he made a mistake that was nowhere near your initial assumption? That one in a million of your ridiculous assumptions is still NOT true? You'Re right, you told us so... I bow to your superior assessment... Teach us about soccer, please, because we all know squat... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SBash22 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:54 am

he's had quite a few misplays/bad judgments in the CL this year for sure

mistakes by Neuer led to goals vs Arsenal, Juventus, and Benfica

that being said, everyone is talking about what a bad decision it was to come out.... I'm not sure it was a bad decision.... he just took a terrible path to the ball.... but to me it was a do or die ball.... if he stayed on his line, Raul would have buried that header anyway and people woulda been asking why he stayed on his line and didnt make a play for the ball.... it was a perfect ball and a very good finish

life as a keeper.... often times if you give up a goal, you're going to get second guessed or criticized
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:03 am

SBash22 wrote:that being said, everyone is talking about what a bad decision it was to come out.... I'm not sure it was a bad decision.... he just took a terrible path to the ball.... but to me it was a do or die ball.... if he stayed on his line, Raul would have buried that header anyway and people woulda been asking why he stayed on his line and didnt make a play for the ball.... it was a perfect ball and a very good finish

Well, like you said it was a very hard ball to anticipate, and it happened to be the perfect ball for the striker... So It was very hard to make a sound decision during the match, but not now... IMO he should have come out to push the ball away before it reached the striker, not after that (if he decides to come out, I mean)....

To be honest, I don't think he made much of a mistake against Juve, that was mostly Alaba's fault... But he made bad mistakes against Arsenal and Benfica, and that's not very unusual... Everyone, including keepers, make mistakes... question is, is it a trend? I am not sure it is... maybe it's just coincidence that these 2 occasions happened in important CL games, maybe not... To some degree, an important factor is also lack of "regular" "big" CBs in the lineup, which makes you want to come out and parry every long ball away from the 6-yard box yourself...

To me, the mind-relieving thing is that Manu usually raises his game in the most important matches (the finals...). In that light, I see no reason to be worried.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MillaMjau » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am

He has had some shaky moments on this season, that is true. But generally he is always there when we need him and he has also saved us some very important points, so I wouldn't call his season a bad one; it's just been a very average on Neuer-standards.

SBash22 wrote:life as a keeper.... often times if you give up a goal, you're going to get second guessed or criticized

For example, about the mistake against Arsenal, Per Mertesacker said that from a defender's POV Neuer's decision to come out to collect the ball was a right one. In situations like that Neuer has to make a split-second decision and that time he mistimed his jump. Maybe something that a keeper with his experience shouldn't be doing, but sometimes these things simply happen.

The 1st half against Juventus was really shaky but then he made the possibly decisive save before the HT whistle. On 2nd half and on the ET he was very solid. We can trust him in tight spots.

Btw, he has now made more BuLi appearances for Bayern than Schalke. And this was also his 200th BuLi win. :)

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:55 am

MANUEL NEUER BEST BIG-5 LEAGUE GOALKEEPER OF THE SEASON
Issue number 147 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the best performing goalkeepers of the big-5 league season. The ranking notably takes into account the number of goals conceded per match and the percentage of saves. At the top of the table is German world champion Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), ahead of Jan Oblak (Atlético Madrid) and Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus).
According to our analysis, the best performing English Premier League goalkeeper is Hugo Lloris. Tottenham player only conceded 0.8 goals per match (0.5 for Manuel Neuer) and saved 73.9% of shots (78.8% for Manuel Neuer). The highest percentage of saves overall was recorded for Paris St-Germain goalkeeper Kevin Trapp: 80.6%. He is the only player with a percentage of saves greater than 80%.
The least performing goalkeeper both at Premier League and big-5 league level is Brad Guzan (Aston Villa). The American conceded 2 goals per match on average. His percentage of saves was 59.5%. Throughout the season, he won only the first game played on August 8th 2015 against Bournemouth. After this game, his team drew 5 matches and lost the remaining 22 in which Guzan participated.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Neuer upset with abusive Schalke chants [source]
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion