You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Seems like we got a new troll on here.
Either that or he's just started watching football last week.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Maybe just some EPL fanboy. Or worse an American :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Facepalm. Neuer hasn't been at his best lately, but even mentioning replacing him?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby coolguycosta » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Facepalm. Neuer hasn't been at his best lately, but even mentioning replacing him?

Do get that it would be an unpopular decision but De Gea is younger and far more trustworthy for me, might as well get him considering we could sell Neuer for a similar price or even more... I love Manuel but if we can sign a goalkeeper even more elite than he is I see no reason why we shouldn't
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 pm

coolguycosta wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Facepalm. Neuer hasn't been at his best lately, but even mentioning replacing him?

Do get that it would be an unpopular decision but De Gea is younger and far more trustworthy for me, might as well get him considering we could sell Neuer for a similar price or even more... I love Manuel but if we can sign a goalkeeper even more elite than he is I see no reason why we shouldn't

Neuer is going through a slight bad moment, that is evident, but he's 30; can still play at least 5 more years. De Gea is not bad, but he is not Neuer good either.

Neuer brings qualities that very few keepers give:
-ability with his feet
-second to none distribution skills both with hands and feet
-absolute aerial dominance in his box
-assuredness when going out of his box (libero abilities)
-doesn't ever give second balls (he almost always catches shots as opposed to deflecting them which gives second chances to the opposition)
-leadership
-germanness (that's important for a German club too ;)
-immense frame which makes close range shooting against him both intimidating and less likely to succeed.

Overall De Gea could offer some of this qualities, but not all. Neuer is the complete package and that's why he's mentionable in a GOAT keeper conversation.

PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:04 pm

May I ask how Neuer is going through a bad time? :?
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Bastos, he has done a few too many mistakes lately. Don't ask me to mention specifics cause I would have to research each match though xD

PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:06 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Bastos, he has done a few too many mistakes lately. Don't ask me to mention specifics cause I would have to research each match though xD

Can't remember any...
The one against Juve. That's it.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:08 pm

bastos80 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Bastos, he has done a few too many mistakes lately. Don't ask me to mention specifics cause I would have to research each match though xD

Can't remember any...
The one against Juve. That's it.

Perceptions, you know... It's not really worth it to hang on this subject anyway, we would have to mention specifics to really know.

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:11 pm

It isn't Neuer's fault IMO... it's this system that became more predictable and teams are pressing our tika-takking in front of our box. He still made some world class saves... but has let some savable go in.

There are plenty of De Gea's to look at in the market...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby coolguycosta » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:14 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Neuer is going through a slight bad moment, that is evident, but he's 30; can still play at least 5 more years. De Gea is not bad, but he is not Neuer good either.

-ability with his feet
-doesn't ever give second balls (he almost always catches shots as opposed to deflecting them which gives second chances to the opposition)
-leadership
-immense frame which makes close range shooting against him both intimidating and less likely to succeed.

Overall De Gea could offer some of this qualities, but not all. Neuer is the complete package and that's why he's mentionable in a GOAT keeper conversation.

- De Gea's footwork is excellent and always appropriate, often Neuer plays himself in to difficult situations with his footwork (driven by his ego), yes he comes out on top mostly but unnecessary goals have been conceded due to this
- his distribution is excellent also, particularly finding players further up the pitch
- agreed on aerial dominance (where Neuer is best) but De Gea is now top quality in this aspect of his game
- entirely disagree here, sure Neuer is assured with himself but does it far too often unnecessarily and makse far too any mistakes, again it's about using your skills when appropriate and De Gea is perfect with this, sweeps up balls only when necessary and always effective
- same can be said with De Gea for second balls, if he does parry it's always out comfortably to a defender
- can't argue with germanness but sure De Gea could learn...
- De gea's frame is equally huge!
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:15 pm

coolguycosta wrote:

De Gea isn't even 1% of Neuer. He is just another vastly overrated epl player.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:18 pm

coolguycosta wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Neuer is going through a slight bad moment, that is evident, but he's 30; can still play at least 5 more years. De Gea is not bad, but he is not Neuer good either.

-ability with his feet
-leadership

- De Gea's footwork is excellent and always appropriate, often Neuer plays himself in to difficult situations with his footwork (driven by his ego), yes he comes out on top mostly but unnecessary goals have been conceded due to this
- his distribution is excellent also, particularly finding players further up the pitch
- agreed on aerial dominance (where Neuer is best) but De Gea is now top quality in this aspect of his game
- entirely disagree here, sure Neuer is assured with himself but does it far too often unnecessarily and makse far too any mistakes, again it's about using your skills when appropriate and De Gea is perfect with this, sweeps up balls only when necessary and always effective
- same can be said with De Gea for second balls, if he does parry it's always out comfortably to a defender

How can De Gea's frame be huge? He is so skinny, almost anorexic.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:19 pm

coolguycosta wrote:

-ability with his feet
-leadership

No, alright? I don't meant to be rude and I'm all for different opinions but you're wasting your time posting about 1) something not even remotely close to Bayern's identity, 2) that 0 person in this forum will ever agree on and 3) will absolutely never happen.

I don't know about all those points, but:

- Manuel Neuer is a better goalkeeper than David De Gea

That's the only point that matters.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion