You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 am

samaj wrote:He's the one guy from bayern i hate

Why?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 pm

What do you guys think of Neuer? Im convinced he is the best or will be very soon but to put it in lighter terms "bold" goalkeeping can sometimes make him a very scary to watch :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Scary for the opponents, that is.

Seriously, he does his sweeper keeper antics so often that some screwups are bound to happen every now and then, but the use of his style of play FAR outweighs the negatives. Wouldn't trade him for any other keeper in the world.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 pm

I guess you make a valid point, im more of the guy who thinks "when in doubt kick it out" when it comes to defense
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Then you simply can't watch a team with the second highest possession ratio in Europe. :P
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 pm

I don't think any of us can complain about him. He's more than returning the money we invested in him.

Of course if we had Adler last May we'd probably be European Champions. :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Chalant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am

Of course if we had Adler last May we'd probably be European Champions. :wink:[/quote]

Probably. Probably not. It may have started a chain of events which would have put Barcelona in the final, who knows? But I disagree with you. Neuer had nothing to do in the final except the one goal which I don't think any goalkeeper not called Weidenfeller in Bayern Mode could have saved.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Chalant » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am

Of course if we had Adler last May we'd probably be European Champions. :wink:[/quote]

Probably. Probably not. It may have started a chain of events which would have put Barcelona in the final, who knows? But I disagree with you. Neuer had nothing to do in the final except the one goal which I don't think any goalkeeper not called Weidenfeller in Bayern Mode could have saved.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 am

Hehe it was a joke intended for dambun :mrgreen:

I doubt even having Kahn back would've made a difference. He did everything he could. He saved a penalty and scored one too.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby meister » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 am

what do you guys think about neuer performance vs Gladbach?? I think he did a terrible mistake leaving the (i dont know what is the correct word) Goal(?) to try stop the gladbach player who was running by the side of the pitch(not the first one were neuer made a punch with the knee against a gladbach), leaving the goal unprotected, I mean that player's shot almost reach the goal, and neuer wasn't there, we had luck the shot was powerless.
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:19 am

meister wrote:what do you guys think about neuer performance vs Gladbach?? I think he did a terrible mistake leaving the (i dont know what is the correct word) Goal(?) to try stop the gladbach player who was running by the side of the pitch(not the first one were neuer made a punch with the knee against a gladbach), leaving the goal unprotected, I mean that player's shot almost reach the goal, and neuer wasn't there, we had luck the shot was powerless.

In the last season, his performance in bundesliga against Gladbach was terrible, but in the dfb cup was perfect.

But in bundesliga, I dont understand why he almost like to leave the goal against Gladbach #-o , but at least they cant score at this time, so for me his performance was ok. No perfect because he didnt have too much job yesterday, because apart from the penalty, gladbach create few chances to score.

His performance did not affect the result, so he was ok. Good.

Related to his decision that sometimes takes by leaving the goal, in Schalke cost him many mistakes and bloopers, remember in champions league against Inter, but here in bayern, apart from his mistakes against gladbach games, his decision to leave the goal, almost have been saving bayern to suffer the counterattacks of the rivals.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
meister wrote:what do you guys think about neuer performance vs Gladbach?? I think he did a terrible mistake leaving the (i dont know what is the correct word) Goal(?) to try stop the gladbach player who was running by the side of the pitch(not the first one were neuer made a punch with the knee against a gladbach), leaving the goal unprotected, I mean that player's shot almost reach the goal, and neuer wasn't there, we had luck the shot was powerless.

In the last season, his performance in bundesliga against Gladbach was terrible, but in the dfb cup was perfect.

But in bundesliga, I dont understand why he almost like to leave the goal against Gladbach #-o , but at least they cant score at this time, so for me his performance was ok. No perfect because he didnt have too much job yesterday, because apart from the penalty, gladbach create few chances to score.

His performance did not affect the result, so he was ok. Good.

Related to his decision that sometimes takes by leaving the goal, in Schalke cost him many mistakes and bloopers, remember in champions league against Inter, but here in bayern, apart from his mistakes against gladbach games, his decision to leave the goal, almost have been saving bayern to suffer the counterattacks of the rivals.

Against Inter was also a fantastic decision to do what he did. Just very unlucky it fell exactly to Stankovic who then did a great volley
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby quaazi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah, that goal was nowhere near his fault.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm

2012: 30 clean sheets in 63 games
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Neuer all the way!

I love it when he wants to come forward and contribute when we're losing. This guy is awesome.

For his mistakes, I tend to ignore them hiding my face and laughing, thinking 'Oh man! You're still awesome!'
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion