You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Element » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 pm

dambun wrote:So what....???
Are you guys totally crazyyyy???

So Neuer made a mistake... worse than that, he made another mistake, and against a top BL rival.... This is not something we can be proud of... But this does not discredit all Neuer's abilities and qualities.... He is by far the best GK in Germany... and one of the best in the world, if not the best....

Exactly , We should not generalize one mistake

Neuer made a mistake , a Huge indescribable mistake , and actually the 2 BIG mistakes he made this season were against the same team and BOTH led to us losing the match

but this does not mean that Neuer sucks , Neuer did many GREAT Saves and SHOWS during his Career , his save vs Augsburg was awesome too

so dont let us forget THE GREAT Manuel neuer that most of us users Celebrated and called Best Signing since Ribery&Toni

The mistake happened at as specific situation , so blame him only for this Match ONLY , not for previous or coming conceded goals

Neuer himself admitted that the goal was his mistake , the LOSS of the match was because of him , and he is now practicing to avoid this happening

but i must admit , the First thing that came to my mind after Reus's Goal was Dambun , and I enjoyed this for 0.0001 Second :twisted: :twisted:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 pm

dambun wrote:So what....???
Are you guys totally crazyyyy???

So Neuer made a mistake... worse than that, he made another mistake, and against a top BL rival.... This is not something we can be proud of... But this does not discredit all Neuer's abilities and qualities.... He is by far the best GK in Germany... and one of the best in the world, if not the best....

Everyone makes mistakes guys!!! Is it nice to collect their mistakes altogether, and have a laugh at it....??
I'm sure you can find a collection for every single player of us, like Lahm, Schweini, and others... they have from time to time made huge mistakes resulting in us losing the game.... But is it the way to react after such an incidence....? We need to get closer together, all of us.... and to support each other.... Because we all have great battles ahead of us, and we need to win this....

Right from the start of the season, I've said Neuer is not on his best form... over and over... I've also casted doubt on our GK coach Tapalovic... This is something we should focus on... we need positive/useful criticism, not bashing....

For what it's worth, Manuel, even in this below par form of his, has made great contribution to the success of our team so far... And he'll do it more and more... And once we'll advance to the final stages of the Champions league, he'll save us even more.... And a day will come, when every single basher of him will be ashamed of his behavior, I'm sure...

Well said.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUFCFan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello Bayern Fans! I'm a keen admirer of your club (a favourite to play as on FIFA 12 :D ) and although I don't support Bayern, I do have an interest in the German league since it's probably the most stable around.

I was just wondering if you Bayern fans agree on the statement that Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the World at the moment? I haven't watched any Bayern games this season, but I have heard he's made a few errors here and there.

Thanks in advance!
MUFCFan
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm

MUFCFan wrote:I was just wondering if you Bayern fans agree on the statement that Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the World at the moment? I haven't watched any Bayern games this season, but I have heard he's made a few errors here and there.

Welcome, Man United fan huh?

Yeah, he's made a few mistaked and imo he's not at the same level as last season, but still overall he's been very good. I have never rated him as the world's best GK (which for me is Casillas), but fingers crossed that he will prove me wrong. He may not be the best but he's definitely up there among them.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUFCFan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Welcome, Man United fan huh?

Yeah, he's made a few mistaked and imo he's not at the same level as last season, but still overall he's been very good. I have never rated him as the world's best GK (which for me is Casillas), but fingers crossed that he will prove me wrong. He may not be the best but he's definitely up there among them.

Yeah I heard he's made a few errors, and when someone said he's the best in the world I wasn't quite sure. I remember his performance for Schalke against us last season the Champions League, and in the away leg (in Germany) he was sublime. Never seen a goalkeeper play so well against us in the CL.

I'm pretty sure he'll turn out to be one of the best in the world at one stage, and even challenge Kahn as best German.
MUFCFan
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:39 pm

MUFCFan wrote:I'm pretty sure he'll turn out to be one of the best in the world at one stage, and even challenge Kahn as best German.

I'd just like to point out that the legendary German goalkeeper Sepp Maier is considered to be the best goalkeeper who ever played for FC Bayern, and not Kahn. This was confirmed in a pretty recent poll conducted amongst Bayern fans by FC Bayern themselves.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Unfortunately I've only had the pleasure of seeing Kahn in action, and not Maier. I wish I had been around to witness the Bayern team of the 70's... :(
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 pm

For former Manchester United goalkeeping legend Peter Schmeichel, Neuer is the best goalkeeper in the world! =D>
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 pm

So first Buffon and now "The Great Dane" said Neuer is the best in the world:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:So first Buffon

Well Buffon confirmed this a couple of weeks ago when he did a Neuer against Milan :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:15 pm

its nice to hear the Neuer praise, although I personally think he needs to play amazing before he is the best -- he is not at Olli Kahn level yet! This season is proving different than what he or everyone else thought, he just didn't walk in and completely save games like he did at Schalke -- as in the Leverkusen game recently for one example. A bit of credit for him not having to do much comes down to defense, especially when Schweini was in the lineup. And at Bayern it is hard to adjust and impress at the same time, I hope next season he can really get up there! But at Least Bayern now have solved the Keeper problem! Now if only we can get another world class RB or CB to add to the defense, plus add some depth in having decent backups.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby dambun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 pm

As a big fan of Neuer, I must say, he is not playing to his potential... He is certainly world class, and one of the best.... But he is not THE best right now IMO... He can still be better in many areas, including his reflexes against long shots (which has always been one of his strengths), and also his aerial control... And I firmly believe we need a much better GK coach to keep him on form and bring him to the next level... someone like our old GK coach Sepp... not just his friend Tapalovic, a coach of unknown quality.... He needs to be criticized and put under productive pressure to fulfill his potential...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:08 am

Eh, the Tapalovic bloke was only brought in to keep him company. Don't think he'll last long.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Oliver Kahn on Manuel Neuer:

"He's finding out how difficult it can be if you only have one or two saves to make in an entire match," the former Germany captain told Fifa.com.

"You have to be 100 per cent alert and totally focused the whole time. But Neuer is a goalkeeper who could come to characterise an era at Bayern."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernIsDBest » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Kahn should be his coach, im sure he will make Neuer work hard on his aerial clumsiness and movement from the line.
He might even teach him, how to make the defenders cry if they flopped. :mrgreen:
Bayern got to fix up there attack
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion