You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Mr.S wrote:Stop the Kraft hate. He was great GK for his age. I dont know how good Neuer was at that age though.

If I am not mistaken, Neuer was younger than Kraft when he had what I consider the greatest performance ever by a goalkeeper, the one man show against Porto.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby munichfan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:39 pm

MUTU wrote:
munichfan wrote:Hoeneß announced at the AGM that "anyone who thinks Manuel Neuer isn't the right person for the club isn't a Bayern Munich fan" - what a ridiculous statement.

Maybe it was a harsh way of putting it, but the concept is right in my opinion. Fans who wanted Kraft to remain instead of Neuer in my opinion were putting their dislike to Schalke ahead of Bayern's sporting interests. And I will keep on believing this as long as Kraft is not the Germany #1 goalkeeper during Euro 2012, because that's the only way the doubters could be proven right.

Like you said, the dislike towards Neuer is not based on his sporting ability, therefore none of the doubters even remotely believes that Kraft should be in goal for Euro 2012.

The notion of this statement is just absurd. Is this rule simply for Manuel Neuer, or is it that whenever you dislike one player on your own team that you're not a fan, i.e. you have to like and agree with every decision by the management's transfer policies in order to be a fan? Questions over questions :P
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

MUTU wrote:If I am not mistaken, Neuer was younger than Kraft when he had what I consider the greatest performance ever by a goalkeeper, the one man show against Porto.

The one Man Show vs Porto was amazing..totally Amazing

The face of Falcao said it all

the Best performance by a GK though IMO was Oliver Kahn in World cup 2002
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:45 pm

I think it is not a rule for Neuer. When you have a very average/poor first team player (never mind his promise) and your team wants to bring in one of the very best in the world to replace him, you rejoice. As simple as that.

If Bayern had no Robben and Pranjic was playing all season as RM and suddenly the board showed their interest in getting Messi or Ronaldo, could you possibly imagine the ones grumbling publicly to have their team's best sporting interests in mind? I don't think so, and this is exactly how Hoeness and I see this Neuer saga.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Mr.S wrote:New Goal-Keepers are inexperienced they will make mistakes & grow. Kraft saved our ass against inter 1st leg for those who dont remember. It's sad that Kraft being a homegrown like Bads never got multiple chances like bads to fail multiple times & still get chances.

Yeah, and made a grand contribution of no saves whatsoever in the second.

Seriously, look it up. He didn't save a single shot in the return leg.

Fire in the hole, I'm prepared for you to bash me right now. Stay clean.
Rightly so!

Look at the statistics for Neuer. He's made 30 saves in 18 BuLi games for Bayern so far, and let in 10 goals, out of a total of 40 SOG. It's a fairly poor 75% save ratio (it was a lot better, 93.75%, before Schweini got injured), I think we can all agree. Kraft has made 65 saves in 18 BuLi games, but he's conceded 28 goals, out of a total of 93 SOG. That's 63,7% save ratio - abysmal for a goalkeeper, conceding more than every third shot.

Kraft with us last season? Started 18 games in all competitions, made 55 saves, conceded 21 goals, out of 76 SOG. 72,36%. That's as good as Kraft gets and still off Neuer's worst. And that's not counting the obvious advantage of Neuer's ball playing skill. He's easily an improvement even on his poorer days.

Of course on the other hand there's no point in trying to convince someone who actively roots against the team he "supports".
Last edited by quaazi on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby munichfan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Apart from the question of whether the joining player is a super star or not, a supporter should maybe go through these questions too: "Will Messi or Ronaldo fit into the team? Will team dynamics and chemistry improve? Is Ronaldo worth having for 120 Million Euros? Can they identify themselves with the club?"

These questions are among many that a certain group of Bayern supporters asked themselves prior to the transfer. It was especially the last question that led to the discontent. A player that belongs to an ultrà group and spends free time beating the shit out of the supporters of the club he then moves to just doesn't work out. Nor does the statement "I would never move to Bayern Munich", which can be read in Schalke's yearbook 2008.

To say that these supporters, who travel to all games and spend minute-in-minute-out planning and discussing ideas that eventually improve the stadium experience for everyone (choreographies), are not real supporters is an absolute disgrace.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:07 pm

So, by this reasoning, according to you it is not a straightforward answer as to whether it would be an improvement to the team by replacing Pranjic with Messi/Ronaldo as per our example? If we were talking about Gustavo over Tymoshchuk, it's one thing, but when they are worlds apart (Neuer vs Kraft) then the answer is very simple indeed, and those questions you asked start sounding like excuses to disguise the real reason: you don't like him because he was a Schalke fanboy.

And because it is Schalke, too. Maldini was a Milan fanboy in his prime too. By your reasoning you wouldn't have wanted him at Bayern? Maybe you would, because he was a fanboy for a foreign team.

Why all this competition and hatred? Isn't the sporting success the only thing we should be focusing on?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Could I interrupt just to mention that the Neuer transfer made Gustavo's price look like we paid $2,000 for a first generation iPOD? The 2GB model?

... Just keeping things in perspective.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby KAHN » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 am

MUTU wrote: Why all this competition and hatred? Isn't the sporting success the only thing we should be focusing on?

No! Glory hunters support success true fans support the club. For me not wanting Schalke fanboy playing in Bayern is the same as not wanting mafia or shady businessman financing the club. It is not all just about money and success. I don't want mercenariness playing for Bayern. I will support Neuer as long as he wears Bayerns jersey but I will never love him.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby munichfan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 am

KAHN wrote:
MUTU wrote: Why all this competition and hatred? Isn't the sporting success the only thing we should be focusing on?

No! Glory hunters support success true fans support the club. For me not wanting Schalke fanboy playing in Bayern is the same as not wanting mafia or shady businessman financing the club. It is not all just about money and success. I don't want mercenariness playing for Bayern. I will support Neuer as long as he wears Bayerns jersey but I will never love him.

<3 <3 <3
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am

Neuer has been training hard to make sure that his error against Gladbach does not happen again. True professional.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 74484.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby munichfan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 am

To tell you the truth, I used to be a semi-professional athlete (swimming) and if I did, say, a terrible turn that cost me a certain medal or record, I worked my arse off to make sure that mistake never happend again.

It's definitely great that he's trying to ensure this error never recurs, but it's what can be expected and not a sign that he's a 'true professional'. Would be worrying if he reacted in any other way :wink:
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

If only all players reacted that way when they make a mistake, I think we would do better. Not all players would do this.

While I praise you for your personal professionalism, this wasn't exactly a record or medal losing mistake. It was a mistake in a match that cost us a single goal we would probably have lost anyway. Now if he had done that in extra time in the Champions League, it'd have been a different story.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 am

MUTU wrote:Neuer has been training hard to make sure that his error against Gladbach does not happen again. True professional.

MUTU wrote:If only all players reacted that way when they make a mistake, I think we would do better. Not all players would do this.

Also Jerome Boateng said that he is going to improve his offense and game opening

I mean this is something i really like

those 2 players now know that they Play for A Big Club , not just Big , one of the Biggest clubs in the world , A Club that plays to win the treble every season , and only 2 years ago we won the double and were in the final of Champions League

so here you always need to give more than your best , and this is why Some very talented and great players fail here and when they leave they succeed (other than Klose because he never was our MAIN or STAR STRIKER)

and Also Bayern has no Problem in letting the Big Names go if they give anything less than 100% or damage the team chemistry

I remember Mario Gomez once answering a question about similarities between VFB Stuttgart and FC Bayern , he answered " well... the Grass is green" !!

and Adding to that , Neuer is the Number 1 in Germany now , and was untouched , but now with ter Stegens unbelievable season at this young age , and Also Bernd Leno's great performances (especially in CL where he was man of the match in 4 IIRC from the 6 matches) ,there is some competition

also Neuer is for some the best Goalkeeper worldwide and for the others at least Top 5

So actually if he is not ready to give it a little more to Cement his position , in 2 years we will see him playing for tottenham or in Schalke again after Apologizing for the fans many times , while ter Stegen is doing Great here!!!

but by him doing that , he proved that he has the Qualities and mentality to be one of the greats

Same Goes to Jerome Boateng , other for the Reasons related to Playing for FC bayern that i have mentioned above

Boateng said that his dream is to become a Pure CB

Now with Van Buyten's injury , he has at least 2 months to prove that he can be the CB leader in FC Bayern

Jerome Boateng has A Great Body composition, Great Strength , Great Speed,Gives it all in a tackle,in General rarely makes fouls just like lahm which is extremely rare in a CB and i like how he masters the Last second tackles

his problems are that sometimes he gets out of focus (either forgets to jump or , is 1 or 2 steps extra away which makes the Gap bigger for the striker) , and also the Opening passes and offensive positioning , not extremely important but bayern usually makes use for those (badstubers 50 meter passes are sometimes really helpful)

so it is good to know that even the players that we recently Bought know the fact that they Play for A Big Club and finishing 2nd is a reason to Sell players and fire a coach , NOT TO CELEBRATE for days like the other clubs here
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:37 pm

So what....???
Are you guys totally crazyyyy???

So Neuer made a mistake... worse than that, he made another mistake, and against a top BL rival.... This is not something we can be proud of... But this does not discredit all Neuer's abilities and qualities.... He is by far the best GK in Germany... and one of the best in the world, if not the best....

Everyone makes mistakes guys!!! Is it nice to collect their mistakes altogether, and have a laugh at it....??
I'm sure you can find a collection for every single player of us, like Lahm, Schweini, and others... they have from time to time made huge mistakes resulting in us losing the game.... But is it the way to react after such an incidence....? We need to get closer together, all of us.... and to support each other.... Because we all have great battles ahead of us, and we need to win this....

Right from the start of the season, I've said Neuer is not on his best form... over and over... I've also casted doubt on our GK coach Tapalovic... This is something we should focus on... we need positive/useful criticism, not bashing....

For what it's worth, Manuel, even in this below par form of his, has made great contribution to the success of our team so far... And he'll do it more and more... And once we'll advance to the final stages of the Champions league, he'll save us even more.... And a day will come, when every single basher of him will be ashamed of his behavior, I'm sure...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion