You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Neuer doesn't think goal line technology is necessary :lol:

"In football, advantages and disadvantages cancel each other out, so I am okay that there is a person entrusted with doing a job," Neuer told The Hindustan Times.

"Of course I understand that if something like this happens at a World Cup, it can make people very angry, but I still wouldn't force it."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mr.S » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Bayern's Greatest GK ever says Ter Stegen is on par with Neuer. Even though Ter's distribution are not that good,yet I would love to have him. Too bad he would probably go to Dortmund/Schalke or go abroad.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Stegen wouldn't come to Bayern to play understudy to Neuer anyway!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Element » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Enjoy :P
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby KAHN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 am

ELEMENT YOU'RE A LEGEND =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am

Hahaha, that's it Element!!! =D>

Nice to remember reasons why I was against his transfer. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 am

My answer...

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby munichfan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 am

And just to stir the pot a bit more:

The text in the end says:

What is the difference?

Manuel Neuer:
Glory supporters say: That can happen to anyone, come on, it's not thaaaat bad.

Thomas Kraft:
Glory supporters say: What a twerp, no one needs him, put Butt in goal, etc.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:50 am

munichfan wrote:And just to stir the pot a bit more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJ_VhO1HGE

The text in the end says:

What is the difference?

Manuel Neuer:
Glory supporters say: That can happen to anyone, come on, it's not thaaaat bad.

Thomas Kraft:
Glory supporters say: What a twerp, no one needs him, put Butt in goal, etc.

The difference is that for Kraft it was yet another mistake and for Neuer it was an exception. In his first few months at Bayern, Neuer has done better saves than Kraft did in all his time at Bayern.

And obviously don't just take my word. Check every goalkeeper award lately and Neuer is either first or second. Nobody in his own state of mind would consider Kraft for an award.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 am

I remember statistics last year showing that Kraft saved a whopping 10% less shots on goal than Manuel Neuer. Anyone who would argue that Kraft is anywhere near Neuer's class is flat out insane, no doubt about it.

Besides, I fully admit that Neuer IS more susceptible to eccentric behaviour, and it's a byproduct of his absolutely superb on-the-ball skills, which on their own are something worth the money paid for him considering Bayern being the second-most passing heavy team in Europe (right behind the obvious).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Mr.S » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 am

Stop the Kraft hate. He was great GK for his age. I dont know how good Neuer was at that age though. Kraft made a couple of mistakes but Neuer has already had 3 Blunders this season. Both the match against Gladback over both legs & liga total cup match or something against mainz or hamburg. Unacceptable for me. His distribution is better than anybody in the world.

New Goal-Keepers are inexperienced they will make mistakes & grow. Kraft saved our ass against inter 1st leg for those who dont remember. It's sad that Kraft being a homegrown like Bads never got multiple chances like bads to fail multiple times & still get chances.

Kraft might never be as good as Neuer or maybe Ter is already better than what both were at 19.Anyways not that we have Neuer I will support him whole heartedly but he is a Mistake Prone keeper,no doubt. For every 1st Leg MU game there is the 2nd leg game. Neuer's upper ceiling or potential is such that he can be one of the best GK's of all times & I hope he lives up to that potential.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby munichfan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 am

Regarding the awards: Yes, you're right, he has been placed first or second. However, there were actually only two awards. One of which was for last season's performance, where he admitedly demonstrated some great performances (Still made mistakes though, e.g. Inter). The other counted for the year 2011 as a whole, however out of the 130 points he gained, the vast majority came from the season before.

If you look at the kicker statistics, which are used, cited and more than just well respected by all German clubs, officials and especially media, there's a completely different picture on Neuer. For the season 2011/2012 as a whole, Neuer ranks 14th (both Kraft and Rensing rank higher than him) out of the Bundesliga's 18 goalkeepers. http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... rwart.html

In addition, I must say, I have not seen very many world-class saves on his part - and I've been to all matches home and away. Spontaneously, I can think of Augsburg and Hoffenheim (1 good save each). His bloopers against Mönchengladbach and Mainz have caused Bayern 6 points - arguably 9. I'm sure quaazi and a few other users would say "how can you say that, the team lost it", but if Petersen would miss an open goal in the 88th minute, everyone would blame him for a draw as opposed to a win. He has not been tested as much as Kraft/Butt last year and the few times he was he has not impressed. I dare say he's "outblooped" Kraft, who also demonstrated some fantastic saves (can't remember the team, but it was a home game and Kraft saved a shot out of 1,5m with a quick reflex of his fist on the line), already actually.

The simple fact of the matter is that for the amount of money paid for this chap and the marketing hype the club surrounded him in (much bigger than the Ribéry transfer, which I feel was a bigger move), he's extremely disappointing... oh wait, I can't say I'm disappointed as I was against him moving in the first place.

I guess time will tell. If his blunder this weekend doesn't get to his nerves, his recent performances may well be forgotten very soon. If it does, I wonder how the management will deal with the embarrassment after Hoeneß announced at the AGM that "anyone who thinks Manuel Neuer isn't the right person for the club isn't a Bayern Munich fan" - what a ridiculous statement.

I know that I and I'm pretty sure I can speak for the vast majority of supporters who travel to every game want his nerves to get at him.

---

Fire in the hole, I'm prepared for you to bash me right now. Stay clean.
munichfan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 pm

See? There's the problem with match ratings for goalkeepers. Neuer made a run of consecutive matches without needing to do a single save. How could he possibly get a good rating. If I remember correctly, similarly Kahn rarely or never got rated the best from average match ratings for exactly this reason, even though he factually had more shots to save.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Whoever is defending Kraft has obviously not seen his first matches of the season. For crying out loud, he couldn't keep the balls in his hands! Berlin Bremen is a case in point... :roll:

Neuer's distribution is nothing short of awesome. BOTH PEG shots go far beyond midfield and right on target. Even vs Gladback before the first goal. If you look at the first goal and even before the blunder you'll notice van Buyten over reliance in passing the ball backwards in order to avoid the attacker. Not so for Badstuber or Boateng (when CB.) This time he passed the ball backwards with the attacker being too close to Neuer too. Remember van Buyten almost screwing up against Stuttgart in that backwards header that Cacau almost converted.

van Buyten for all his qualities makes quite a few mistakes too; Neuer should have an easier time in matches where he can also use his fullbacks as support besides long range distribution.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 pm

munichfan wrote:Hoeneß announced at the AGM that "anyone who thinks Manuel Neuer isn't the right person for the club isn't a Bayern Munich fan" - what a ridiculous statement.

Maybe it was a harsh way of putting it, but the concept is right in my opinion. Fans who wanted Kraft to remain instead of Neuer in my opinion were putting their dislike to Schalke ahead of Bayern's sporting interests. And I will keep on believing this as long as Kraft is not the Germany #1 goalkeeper during Euro 2012, because that's the only way the doubters could be proven right.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion