You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

FCB general wrote:Neuer was last night like in "good"-old Scheiße 04 times. :-({|=

An embarassing performance from him and looks like some bad habits are not behind him. :|

He must clear that with himself and then he can have open space to become the best GK in global.

He has a habit of silly mistakes and sometimes lets in soft goals at his near post. Not the best at crosses either.

But... he is a shot stopper of the highest order when he's on top of his game.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm not upset about this. Like I said when we first bought him, he's an eccentric keeper made for the Champions League. It's a pity his blunder had to come against Gladbach of all teams (only worse option would be Dortmund), but meh. His ball control and distribution are 99% of the time perfect for us, moreso that any other keeper who might challenge his shot stopping skills.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

quaazi wrote:His ball control and distribution are 99% of the time perfect for us,

He has 5-6 times same situation like this in this season . He always have luck but not yesterday
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:33 pm

lau03143 wrote:But... he is a shot stopper of the highest order when he's on top of his game.

He's not convinced me much with that since moving to Bayern either. He's had some wonderful saves, some which even saved us from dropping points, but he's nowhere near as good as he was for Schalke imo.

Then again, it's no secret that he wasn't my #1 choice.

This guy Ter Stegen is very very talented, and much younger than Neuer. It is very early to judge, but I would not be surprised if Neuer does not remain the Germany #1 for his whole career.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bayern196 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Neuer playing; FC Bayern ruined... :)
I'm a ghost!
bayern196
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Element » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Neuer is world class with top saves and world class reflexes , he also sometimes saves shots that only Oli Kahn could save

his Crosses handling is also good

but the thing is that he sometimes comes up with those silly mistakes .. thats all
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Then again, it's no secret that he wasn't my #1 choice.

ELEMENT AND DANIEL REUNITED :P

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This guy Ter Stegen is very very talented, and much younger than Neuer. It is very early to judge, but I would not be surprised if Neuer does not remain the Germany #1 for his whole career.

Well now that is True

ter Stegen has been really impressive so far and is one of the main factors of the GLADBACH Uprising this season
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Element wrote:ter Stegen has been really impressive so far and is one of the main factors of the GLADBACH Uprising this season

Don't know if you saw it but his stats are very impressive indeed: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... -vs-manuel
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 pm

It's easier for a GK to be more safe when you have 10 players defending. Ter Stegen is surely good, but he also made mistakes this season.

Neuer and probably Valdes are the best GK using their feet. Problem is that when they make a mistake, it is usually a big one. Neuer counts alomst as an extra CB when we have the ball possession. Not many teams can say that and it is very important

As Guardiola said when Valdes did a similar mistake against Madrid "He can have big mistakes like today, but he gives us too much in the every other match playing like that"

Casillas is for me number 1 GK and his passing abilities are ZERO. Look at him everytime he gets the ball from a defender. Long passes that end up giving possession to the other team
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Exactly. The most pass-heavy teams in Europe are Barcelona and then Bayern, and it's no coincidence they also boast the best ball-playing goalies.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:It's easier for a GK to be more safe when you have 10 players defending. Ter Stegen is surely good, but he also made mistakes this season.

I do not mean that Ter Stegen is better than Neuer, because he certainly isn't. But let's not forget that Neuer is also 6 years older. It's rare that you see a GK as talented as Ter Stegen at that age.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Let me start by saying I supported the push to get Neuer from S04, since he was clearly the best GK in the BL at that time. However, he has single handidly cost FCB 6 points in the standings and that is unacceptable.

I know he likes to play the ball with his feet, but for God's sakes, anyone who's every played knows to clear the ball to the wings when under pressure in your defensive third. His first touch was fine, then he played the ball away from the attacking 'Gladbach striker, also fine, only to put the ball back in play in the middle of the field. Not to be insulting, but that's f*cking retarded. Going down 0-1 away from home so early in the match completely changed the way FCB had to play. We can talk about defensive breakdowns and a lack of creativity on offense, but the sh*t started after Neuer's disaster.

I hope he writes himself a note and pins it on his locker saying:
"note to self, quit playing the f*cking ball with my feet"
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby quaazi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

I hope he does no such thing, and I disagree with everything you just said. Furthermore, I question the validity of the claim that you supported the push to get him from Schalke if this is so shocking to you, because he has always been like this. It's the reason he made it to the NT, after all (well, one of them). His distribution and skill on the ball are invaluable and this is utterly and completely something that does not happen 99 times out of a hundred.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

quaazi wrote:I hope he does no such thing, and I disagree with everything you just said. Furthermore, I question the validity of the claim that you supported the push to get him from Schalke if this is so shocking to you, because he has always been like this. It's the reason he made it to the NT, after all (well, one of them). His distribution and skill on the ball are invaluable and this is utterly and completely something that does not happen 99 times out of a hundred.

If you need validation, go read my posts from that time period.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion and I appreciate your viewpoint but I am insulted by that comment and find it a personal attack. We are all fans and allowed to comment as we see fit. Be more respectful.

I know Neuer has always been known for creative ball distribution but what he has done this season, especially, in those two circumstances has been far from what made him so good in the past. His decision making seems much more tentative and that has led to mistakes, costly ones. Do you honestly believe he's as good now as he was in his last season at S04? As for the NT, do you think Herr Loew was happy with how he played?
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:41 pm

He probably costed us 4 points with his two mistakes this season. But I have to disagree with that.

1st mistake: We lost 0-1 against Gladbach, so it could have been 0-0. We also played really bad and we created zero goal chances

2nd mistake: We lost 3-1 in Gladbach and we played very bad. I think that even without his mistake we would have surely lost the game in the same way we did, because we played the same with 0-0 than with 3-0

Of course those two mistakes are HUGE and Neuer should learn from both of them. Specially from last game one. But I'm happy with Neuer's overall performance and we must wait until big games (CL, DFB Pokal) to juzge him better.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:42 pm

nur4bayern wrote:You are certainly welcome to your opinion and I appreciate your viewpoint but I am insulted by that comment and find it a personal attack. We are all fans and allowed to comment as we see fit. Be more respectful.
W-what? Really? You really need to grow a thicker skin, man. :lol:

nur4bayern wrote:I know Neuer has always been known for creative ball distribution but what he has done this season, especially, in those two circumstances has been far from what made him so good in the past. His decision making seems much more tentative and that has led to mistakes, costly ones. Do you honestly believe he's as good now as he was in his last season at S04? As for the NT, do you think Herr Loew was happy with how he played?

a) if you hold him responsible for losing 6 points, you are entirely scapegoating him. This is a team game and the failure to score more than 1 goal per 2 games against Gladbach is as much of a failure as his blunders.

b) Yes. In fact I'm very sure he does. After the Turkey game I cannot see Löw picking any other goalie over him, and it says a lot that he hasn't considering the form of many German goalkeepers.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion