You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:56 pm

quaazi wrote:Is everyone fine with ignoring everything that Lehmann says from now on (should've done this a whole lot earlier, frankly)?

Of course not! He makes me laugh every time he opens his mouth with his controversial comments :) If by that you mean to stop taking him seriously, then yes by all means ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 am

What he said has a good chance of becoming true, but you can't really say it at this point. Germany have many good GK talents, and Ter Stegen is much younger than Neuer and he is incredible. There's also the fact that even more great talents might come up withing these 10 or so years which Neuer has left.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 pm

Yes, then they should take GB passport and become a final solution to England's problems with a goalkeepers. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

If some of these GKs move to United, Barcelona, Milan, Chelsea, and there become world-class, competiton will exist and everything is possible.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 am

Neuer was 'only' second in the IFFHS World Goalkeeper of the Year 2011, after Casillas and ahead of, somewhat surprisingly, Valdes in 3rd place.

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 52502.html
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 am

Neuer does not regret his decision of moving to FC Bayern: "I can only speak for myself and think I've done everything correctly, was always open and honest with all of those responsible. I've made the right decision and I have nothing to reproach myself."

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fussba ... 52438.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Manuel says in general, continuity is better than rotation. Read the rest of the UEFA's interview here:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... 42670.html
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 pm

tflags wrote:Manuel says in general, continuity is better than rotation. Read the rest of the UEFA's interview here:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/ ... 42670.html

I think that's clear from all great teams. You could pretty much guarantee the team weekly, give or take one or two players depending on opposition.

We're lucky where we don't have massive names at the team but a great core and developing players on the fringes who can fill in when needed.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby dambun » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Well... you can say continuity is good for short-term.... Rotation is good from long term point of view....

If I were a coach, I would have used more rotation at the beginning phases of the season, and less rotation at the final stages of the season/competitions.....

Another important factor is also player's fatigue.... and also their motivation.....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I think Heynckes could have used the squad a bit better considering the amount of games we'd clearly won by 60mins.

I suppose Neuer likes continuity since he's pretty much guaranteed starter for every game!

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I agree that continuity is very good (and we have that at Bayern), but rotation is also very important, and our rotation system is stupid.

We should:
1) Make subs earlier when we've already won the game. Most subs after the 80th minute are pointless.
2) Start rotating players in all areas of the pitch, not just defense and Tymo/Gustavo. We can't afford to have Schweini injured again this season, we need to make sure Lahm is not injured for the big games either, and we have great talents in Alaba and Usami who need playing time to develop, are more than good enough against many BL teams, and would also give a rest to the two Bayern players who need it most. If we can keep Robben fit until the end of the season we have a good chance of lifting that CL trophy. Also, Olic. He should play a bit more, and get the chance to replicate his winter break form.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Continuity is more important for the defense and Neuer is right about that.

Constantly rotating Boateng from RB to CB and then switching CB partnerships mid game gives us options but I do not think its that effective in the long run.

In all other parts of the pitch rotation is more important, specially CM/CDM because they have to cover a lot of ground and Heckneyes is doing that right.

But not in defense.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Mr.S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 am

Continuity is VITAL in defense. VITAL. You cant shuffle your defense like that. If we stick with Lahm-Bads-Boa-Rafinha for the next 2 months we will play much better defensively.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby hgb09 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm

The funny thing is that we're rotating our defence but not our attack which needs it much more because players are running a lot.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Mr.S wrote:Continuity is VITAL in defense. VITAL. You cant shuffle your defense like that. If we stick with Lahm-Bads-Boa-Rafinha for the next 2 months we will play much better defensively.

And it looks like that is going to happen with DVB out.

It's worrying that we only have Breno as CB backup though
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Neuer was last night like in "good"-old Scheiße 04 times. :-({|=

An embarassing performance from him and looks like some bad habits are not behind him. :|

He must clear that with himself and then he can have open space to become the best GK in global.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion