You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 am

RedQueen wrote:Must be a difficult situation for Manu. Compare that to the situation three years ago. There was Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Manu and Matthias Sammer who were all respected and had authority. There was also Alonso. Who is there now? Müller is more the fun guy, he's also not exactly calming things down at the moment, Hummels has been there only for a year and probably doesn't yet have that standing, Boateng has been injured for ages, and then there is a weak sporting director. Manu is the only one left of the old core of integrative people.
Imo Lahm made a very bad decision... he should have taken at least a role... but it could be the board that were not as convincing or willing to offer him the right job.
Brazzo for me is a copy of Nerlinger

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 am

RedQueen wrote:Must be a difficult situation for Manu. Compare that to the situation three years ago. There was Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Manu and Matthias Sammer who were all respected and had authority. There was also Alonso. Who is there now? Müller is more the fun guy, he's also not exactly calming things down at the moment, Hummels has been there only for a year and probably doesn't yet have that standing, Boateng has been injured for ages, and then there is a weak sporting director. Manu is the only one left of the old core of integrative people.

I think Javi could be a good candidate but unfortunately he doesn't play often enough, which might reduce his influence.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Totally! I have no problem with Neuer as the captain, and frankly at this point I don't see any other senior player that deserves it. At this moment in time I see Robben of all people being among the more stabilizing influences at the club. Not that that's bad in itself, but that just shows the void in leadership from the other senior players. Lahm had Schweinsteiger, but Müller is understandably more concerned with making the XI so there's not much help there.

And Lewy 3+ years here should know better. His problem is he has no competition. After his comments about not having world class teammates, **** it no problem I'd like to see the club surround Lewandowski with some world class strikers. Lewandowski is having too much to do himself. :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Alaba? Still quite young, but already a veteran Bayern man. I've always wanted Alaba to be our next captain.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:50 am

I absolutely agree with that, and I don't mean to sound like I am knocking Manu or his captaincy... He was the best appointment at the time and is likely still the best option - but in a perfect world for me we'd have a respected senior field player to take the role. But, life's not perfect.

At the end of the day, if the season is a "success" or "failure", it's not going to be due to Neuer being captain either way, haha.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 pm

he is injured and out for several months.Bitter news for us.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Shit. Not only because of Ulreich being nowhere close as a player, but even more so because that makes the power vacuum even worse.

I don't get it. What happened? It's not like he was rushed back, the comeback was delayed multiple times.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Eder: "I can understand that clubs are under huge pressure and stars like Neuer tend to make quick comebacks because their teams need them,but it's the task of the medical department to slow it down. In Manuel's case, it's clear that the risk was too high.Manu is now using a plate that accelerates the healing process adequately. I'm expecting a quick full recovery this time"
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Erm... I saw this live and I did not get criticism in the German version...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:01 am

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel: "My favourite goalkeeper in the world at the moment is Manuel Neuer. It has been for a long, long time. That’s because of the style of goalkeeping he gives to the world. He’s a brave young lad, he was a brave young lad. I watched him when he was at Schalke at Old Trafford. And my eyes are like this, ‘who is this young fella?’. He’s brave, he’s playing so far out of his goal, he’s one of few goalkeepers who is actually off his line, far off his line, challenging, bringing the game to him, taking control. I like him for that." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion