You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCB general » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Not long time ago I couldn't imagine this all nor agree with it, but he has redeemed very quickly and I must say that I'm glad that Manuel is our new captain now. What's safe, it's safe. Müller isn't in the best position, but the hierarchy Lahm-Bastian-Manu has happened and respected.

Congratulations Herr Neuer, I wish you a successful and fruitful captaincy at Bayern and that you lead us to the new glories and victories in Germany and Europe. :cheers: =D>
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby endrity » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Kinda wish Robben or Ribery got it, at least for a year, as respect to how much they redefined this era of success for Bayern.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 am

endrity wrote:Kinda wish Robben or Ribery got it, at least for a year, as respect to how much they redefined this era of success for Bayern.
just that they'll barely make 34 games a year together
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 am

He's training at full cylinders. This is from yesterday.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 am

Saw the highlights of that Hoffenheim defeat again and I think that Neuer could've done a bit more on both goals. He at least could've got a touch on the ball and maybe just maybe with his strength and a bit of momentum he could've diverted the ball away.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Bravo !

Manuel Neuer gathered all the players before training today and asked them to avoid unnecessary talk & actions and focus on football [bild]
Neuer told the players that what's happening behind the scenes at the moment will eventually have negative effects on the season targets.
He asked the leading players of the team to take their responsibilities and lead by example.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Finally... well done Kapitan...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm glad to see him stepping up in that way. However, I still feel an outfield captain would be a better choice. It's not a knock on Manu at all - as we can see he is a good leader in training sessions and off the pitch, etc - but what we need is more strong leaders in the center of the park. Manu is often too far removed from the rest of the team to be able to communicate effectively, I think. For me I see a lot of communication breakdowns between Ancelotti and the outfield players. It would be helpful to have someone tasked specifically with getting Ancelotti's commands and relaying them to the rest of the field players as well as reminding them what to do etc. Right now it seems that isn't happening.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 pm

aterford wrote:I'm glad to see him stepping up in that way. However, I still feel an outfield captain would be a better choice. It's not a knock on Manu at all - as we can see he is a good leader in training sessions and off the pitch, etc - but what we need is more strong leaders in the center of the park. Manu is often too far removed from the rest of the team to be able to communicate effectively, I think. For me I see a lot of communication breakdowns between Ancelotti and the outfield players. It would be helpful to have someone tasked specifically with getting Ancelotti's commands and relaying them to the rest of the field players as well as reminding them what to do etc. Right now it seems that isn't happening.

I agree with you,but i just cannot see who can be our outfield captain at the moment.
In all of our history we have only germans for captains,except Mark van Bommel.This suggests that we will continue with this tradition,and given the fact the Neuer is pretty much the only german* who is starting in all of our games while he's fit.
As we see,there is a rotation in our CB's,Müller is not going to start at every game (at least this season).

*Yes,Kimmich.I'm pretty sure that he is going to be our new captain after Manu,not only in Bayern but also in the german team.
Here's picture of the game off Joshua,when he's take place as the youngest German captain since 1912.

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 pm

aterford wrote:I'm glad to see him stepping up in that way. However, I still feel an outfield captain would be a better choice. It's not a knock on Manu at all - as we can see he is a good leader in training sessions and off the pitch, etc - but what we need is more strong leaders in the center of the park. Manu is often too far removed from the rest of the team to be able to communicate effectively, I think. For me I see a lot of communication breakdowns between Ancelotti and the outfield players. It would be helpful to have someone tasked specifically with getting Ancelotti's commands and relaying them to the rest of the field players as well as reminding them what to do etc. Right now it seems that isn't happening.

I don't see any problem for a GK to be the captain. Oliver Kahn was captain for Bayern and Germany for years.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:42 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:

I don't see any problem for a GK to be the captain. Oliver Kahn was captain for Bayern and Germany for years.

Kahn and Neuer are polar opposites personality wise, though.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Achilles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am

FCB12Forever wrote:I don't see any problem for a GK to be the captain. Oliver Kahn was captain for Bayern and Germany for years.

Completely different eras and personalities, Neuer I have wrote in the past that he is too professional(in a good way) for that role, he is a hitman, the match is over let's go to the next target etc

Hummels would make a good one however Manuel's gesture this time was excellent.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 am

Must be a difficult situation for Manu. Compare that to the situation three years ago. There was Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Manu and Matthias Sammer who were all respected and had authority. There was also Alonso. Who is there now? Müller is more the fun guy, he's also not exactly calming things down at the moment, Hummels has been there only for a year and probably doesn't yet have that standing, Boateng has been injured for ages, and then there is a weak sporting director. Manu is the only one left of the old core of integrative people.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion