You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

podolski playing enough?

Postby nessa13 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:15 pm

hey guiis, i was just wondering if you guiis think that podolski should be playing more?
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:08 am

He should. But the thing is that we have problems in midfield at the moment, and Santa Cruz can help the midfield more than Podolski can, and that's the reason why Santa Cruz is playing. Though to be honest, I think we'd be much better off with Makaay and Podolski up front.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:11 am

yeah, i believe poldi should be playing more. he got about 17 minutes in the bochum match, and performed better than in the dortmund one. almost set up a strike for salihamidzic. hopefully his improvement continues, and magath will put him in longer, if not start him.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nessa13 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:40 am

ya because i find he is a better player than makaay and i dont know why he is a sub... i mean he did win the best young player award at the world cup! i totally agree that magath should put podolski in so much longer. or at least give him a chance to play one fulll game. like for example in the game with bochum, i mean schweistiger was tired at the second half and magath should have made a few changes... im not the boss here but i really like the way podolski plays and i want him to get a start.

ich liebe dich poldi!
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:21 am

I don't think Podolski is better than Makaay at all. Makaay had a bad patch last season, but as for the rest he was one great scoring machine. This season is not different either. He's scored 4 goals in 4 competitive matches. Podolski did play one full game in the league cup, and he didn't score. Well, actually he did but it was incorrectly ruled offside.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:46 pm

I think its best that Bayern sells Makaay and gets KlaasJan Huntelaar !!
Together with Podolski, they are 2 young and hot football prospects..

and btw, the reason why Poldi isnt playing that much is because he isnt 100% fit due to the WC in Germany this summer..
He start as a regular in October
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:58 pm

Good point. I think that over time, he'll turn into a regular first team player. But he needs his time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby schwarzes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:52 am

poldi is delivering class performance now, quite in top form. 4 goals out of 13 against san marino for germany. hope he stays this way and scores for bayern
schwarzes
Getting the hang of it

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:40 am

i just don't understand Magath ...
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:51 am

I say he'll start against St Pauli.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:44 pm

I guess Bayern tried to get Huntelaar last January. Never heard anything about that story after the january transfer window closed....

We should pro'ly try to get him to munich...he is very good...he scores potful of goals every year...he's a good header of the ball unlike Roy..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:48 pm

He is very good, and that's exactly the problem. By the next transfer window, probably his market value would be beyond our budget :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nessa13 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:42 am

but bayern has the money.. i mean if they buy him now hell be less expencive and hell be ready for the next season... i dont understand.. bayern needs players.. they cnt not spend any money.. it doesnt make sense.
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby BMike86 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:13 am

fanOfBayern wrote:I guess Bayern tried to get Huntelaar last January. Never heard anything about that story after the january transfer window closed....

We should pro'ly try to get him to munich...he is very good...he scores potful of goals every year...he's a good header of the ball unlike Roy..

Huntelaar was a manufactured Bild rumor if I am correct. I remember reading that article. He would be nice and he is on the up and up, but I'd rather see him at Ajax I believe he is currently at for a full year. So then we can see how he does at a big club in Holland, and then we can re-assess the situation we have with Makaay and see if he was just having a bad year last year or if he is really on the decline. Makaay you have to understand was the top scorer in Europe a few years ago. Bayern dished out the 16-19 million Euros for 30 goals a year, not for the average 20 goals he's been spitting out. I understand there are reasons behind this we could easily talk about, but he quite frankly hasn't gotten it done since coming here, we wanted a superstar striker but got a solid one instead. I like Makaay but why Bayern brought him here isn't what he's been giving us.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BMike86 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:15 am

MUTU wrote:He is very good, and that's exactly the problem. By the next transfer window, probably his market value would be beyond our budget :(

the problem is if we'd wait for Podolski next summer when he'd be free then clubs outside Germany would seriously be getting involved and quite frankly the Bundesliga isn't a top 3 league. they are about the same level as the French league, so if he had a choice he'd probably pick some premiership or La Liga club.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion