You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby tracylynn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Podolski seems lazy when it comes to kicking the ball. When it's just him and the goalie, all he seems to do is kick it straight to the goalie, He likes to keep the ball on the ground and not try to get above or around the goalie. Perhaps after seeing that awesome goal from Toni this past weekend Lukas learned that he needs to be creative in the kicking department.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 am

Despite what little footage I’ve seen of last season and of this season (thank goodness for Youtube), I agree with you guys. I don’t know if he was playing over his head in the WC or if Klose was making him look good or if he’s regressed since then, but his routes to the ball and with the ball look really predictable.

I think I’m bothered more about the attitude problem Hoeness brought up. What ticks me off the most in all sports, not just football, is young guys mouthing off without having anything to back it up. He’s only 23 and he’s claiming that his performance is top-notch?

(Sorry if I come across sounding harsh and hypocritical. Young guys having overblown attitudes make me cringe, especially with the JaMarcus Russell situation.)
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 pm

You don't sound harsh, poldi4life. If you've only seen a little footage, I can tell you that there's not much more as far as Poldi's concerned. He's not the same player he was at the WC, hell even last season he was better than this season so far. In the Germany shirt he seems to go off, in Bayern colors he just looks lost and honestly it's like the team is playing with 10 men when he's out there.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:35 pm

podolski4life wrote:Despite what little footage I’ve seen of last season and of this season (thank goodness for Youtube), I agree with you guys. I don’t know if he was playing over his head in the WC or if Klose was making him look good or if he’s regressed since then, but his routes to the ball and with the ball look really predictable.

I think I’m bothered more about the attitude problem Hoeness brought up. What ticks me off the most in all sports, not just football, is young guys mouthing off without having anything to back it up. He’s only 23 and he’s claiming that his performance is top-notch?

(Sorry if I come across sounding harsh and hypocritical. Young guys having overblown attitudes make me cringe, especially with the JaMarcus Russell situation.)

You can watch live football matches on the internet for free (IPTV). Visit this site for more information and tv listings.

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.htm

Read the beginners guide and FAQ
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:10 pm

Podolski: Give me a chance

Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski has hit back at recent criticism by claiming he has not been given a chance to prove what he can do.

Club manager Uli Hoeneß claimed last week that Podolski had achieved nothing so far at Bayern, and would have to start delivering the goods. However the young international striker has moved to counter these claims.

“I have never had the chance to play seven, eight, or nine games in a row. If my performances were not good enough after a run of games, then the criticism would be justified” the 22 year old told the ‘Münchener Tageszeitung’.

The former Cologne forward also sees no reason to change his game. “I’ve been playing a number of years now, and have had success” he explained.

He finds himself in a difficult situation in Munich at the moment with Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose firmly established as the first choice strike pairing. Toni has hit 5 goals, while Klose has bagged 8 so far this season.

“There is no reason for the trainer to change things at the moment because the front two are scoring” Poldi mused.

Podolski’s form for the national team is in stark contrast to that at his club side. For Bayer, he has only found the back of the net four times in 26 appearances. However, he has scored 23 times in 40 games for the ‘Nationalelf’.
FC Bajern

Werder Renew Interest In Podolski

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Werder Bremen are still interested in bringing Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski to the Weser Stadion according to reports in the German press.

“We showed a serious interest in Lukas during the summer and that interest doesn’t just disappear” manager Klaus Allofs told ‘Bild am Sonntag’.

“You saw with Miroslav Klose how well young players develop with us” he explained.

The young Bayern striker joined the Bavarians prior to last season, but has been unable to make the expected impact at the club. He was again unused at the weekend, despite Miroslav Klose having to come off injured.

Days ago, Bayern manager voiced criticism over the players impact and warned him things would have to improve.

However despite the criticism and the lack of recent opportunities, trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld has always assured Podolski he is part of his plans saying, “You don’t win the Bundesliga with just 11 players.”

Allofs however will monitor the situation at the Allianz Arena with interest.

“The main thing is that he showed an interest in coming here in the summer. Our interest remains.”
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:43 pm

I don't think Bayern should sell him to Werder, instead just loan him and see how he does there.
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:06 pm

Can we afford to loan him? what if Toni and Klose are injured for long periods... No he has not made much of an impact since coming, and I doubt he will this season either. Its a bit of a dilemma knowing what to do with him really. His form is a bit unpredictable.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:18 pm

Unpredictable as he may be, for now I think Poldi is worth keeping. He has to show his class eventually, Toni and Klose just haven't done him any favors with their form. It looks like we'll see him for at least 45 in Portugal this week, unless Schlaudraff gets a chance instead...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Matakos » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:20 am

poldi is also injured.... :(
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Podolski Adds To Bayern’s Injury Woes

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:36 pm

Bayern Munich have been hit with the news that they will have to do without Lukas Podolski for their trip to face Portuguese side Belenenses in the Uefa Cup on Thursday.

The German international is suffering from a bout of flu, and trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld had announced that “his selection is out of the question.”

It remains unclear whether the 22 year old will be well enough to face Nürnberg on Sunday.

The news comes as an added blow, due to the fact that Bayern will also be without Miroslav Klose. The current Bundesliga leading scorer with eight goals suffered a knee injury in his last league match and is expected to be out for the next three weeks.

Ottmar Hitzfeld also has injuries worries over Mark van Bommel and Bastian Schweinsteiger ahead of the return leg of the Uefa Cup tie.

However, the ‘General’ will accept no excuses.

“We cannot allow any slip ups and absolutely must qualify for the group stages” he demanded.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Bayern Won’t Sell Podolski

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:05 am

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has moved to quash rumours regarding Lukas Podolski, by stating that the striker will not be leaving the club.

Werder Bremen reportedly tried to sign the Germany international last summer, and their sporting director Klaus Allofs has revealed the club remain interested in him.

But Rummenigge insists that the striker will not be leaving the Bundesliga leaders in the January transfer window.

"Even if Bremen make another effort to sign him - and nobody has officially contacted us so far - then it will all be in vain” he told German newspaper TZ.

"The player will not be going anywhere in the winter break.

"We want him to be happy here, to achieve his sporting goals and to play football."

Podolski has struggled to hold down a regular place following the summer signings of Italian Luca Toni and international team mate Miroslav Klose, and received some open criticism of his contribution from club manager Uli Hoeneß.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby knox _sponitz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:45 am

i hope podolski must improve what he do it in world cup and at cologne .. he's da young talented striker in germany .. don't sell him .. because he's still young
knox _sponitz
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby fa » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Amazing how he performs superb for the national team, and yet is to find his best form at Bayern.. Imo, Toni and Klose are the best Bayern has to offer. But with the recent injury of Klose, Poldi should grab this opportunity to show his potential.. lets hope he does![/code]
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:19 pm

It is being reported on SkySports that Bayern are hinting that Lukas is on his way out. If that does happen then I would say that is a little sad because he was supposed to be the future for Bayern. However, he just has not adjusted to the team's style of play. Whether part of that is because of Magath, which I do believe Magath deserves some blame for his "tactics", or because he really did not understand the new role he would take on and how he needed to adjust to make things work, which I also believe is true, either way it would be a little sad to see him leave. Then again, Bayern might get someone who can fit right into their system which would be great.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion