You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm

is it april 1st already

---------------------------
FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 pm

Lukas Podolski voted the best young player at last year's World Cup, is recovering from knee surgery, which has kept him out of Germany's Euro 2008 qualifying matches, and Koller wants to bring him to Bochum.

But in his first season at Bayern after leaving Cologne, Podolski scored just four goals in 22 games and Koller, who coached Podolski at Cologne, wants the striker to boost his attack, especially with Italian World Cup winner Luca Toni set to join Bayern.

"I want to bring Lukas Podolski to Bochum on a year's loan," Koller told German magazine Sports-Bild.

Koller gave Podolski his first taste of senior football as a teenager at Cologne in 2003 when he scored 10 goals in 19 games, the best tally for an 18-year-old.

"I have already told him clearly that with us the door is always open," says Koller, who told Sport-Bild he would even change the team's playing system to suit Podolski.

"If Lukas plays a full season with us, he can regain his self-confidence and warm up for next summer's European Championship," said Koller.

But even with experienced veteran Toni set to join Bayern, Podolski is still keen to work hard to win his place at German giants Bayern.

"If other forwards come, I will concentrate on my game and use their experience to be the best I can be," said the German striker who has scored 22 goals in 38 appearances for his country.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hunter89 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm

iam getting scared over this i read on an arabic site that rummenige said " we will sell or loan podolski to benefit from the money because he will want to leave the club as soonas his contract expires at 2010 " .....NOOOOOOOO
hunter89
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 pm

What??!! witch site is this? :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Duncan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:56 pm

it's a press invention
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby waqqar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:39 pm

He plays for bayern why would he want to go to a lower club, an i think ees duin preety well over here in bayern hes our future
waqqar
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Matakos » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 pm

in official site there is also something about loaning him,but i think he stays....
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am

Rummenigge categorically ruled out Podolski potentially moving on at this stage. “We signed Poldi until 30 June 2010, and there’s no way he’s leaving Bayern. He won’t be sold, and he won’t be sent out on loan. We believe totally in his ability, because we’re convinced he’s one of the most talented players in German football.”

http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/news/ne ... 3c4b1e0a30
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Matakos » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:20 am

So,he is staying :D !
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby alex » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm

The tug-of-war between Bayern and Bremen for Klose has involved a new name. Bremen suggested: Poldi for Klose.
Bayern have reportedly categorically refused.
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 pm

Of course! Bayern are not stupid!! :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:34 pm

07-22-2007
Injured Podolski vows to win back Bayern place

Injured Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski, voted the best young player at last year's World Cup, has vowed on Sunday to win back his place with the German giants.

After Bayern spent a reported 69 million euros this summer to build their own 'dream team' including strikers Italian World Cup winner Luca Toni and German veteran Miroslav Klose, injured Podolski, 22, was in danger of becoming a forgotten man.

But after French midfielder Franck Ribery impressed on his competitive debut with two goals for Bayern in their 4-1 League Cup win over Werder Bremen on Saturday, Podolski is as determined as ever to get back in the starting XI.

'I am not worried about the situation,' Podolski told German paper Bild Am Sonntag after a frustrating summer spent recovering from knee surgery.

'I am pretty relaxed about things. I know that I can play football and get my chance. And I know that I will assert myself.'

Having joined Bayern after his World Cup success, Podolski had a difficult first season with the German giants - defenders were quick to close him down and he produced a poor return of just four goals in 22 games.

But Podolski is determined to stay at Bayern and realise his potential, even if he is one of four top strikers - German international Jan Schlaudraff also joined in the summer - competing for only two places up front.

Despite interest from other Bundesliga clubs keen to get his signature, Podolski has told his agent he does not want to be at any other club.

'I have told my adviser, I am not prepared to leave and I want to prove myself here, there is no way I want to leave after just one year. I am only 22 and I want to play for Bayern for several years.'

Still recovering from knee surgery last April, Podolski is unlikely to be ready for Bayern's first Bundesliga game of the season againsy Hansa Rostock on August 11, but is only a few weeks off resuming full training.

'After the knee operation, I need more time to let the knee settle down, I am in no hurry, I want to look after it now to make sure I can play football on it for years to come.'
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:44 am

August 19th, 2007

Podolski back in action!

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld received some good news when Lukas Podolski completed competitive run-out for the reserves in Saturday afternoon’s goalless draw with third division city rivals Unterhaching. “It was great to be back on the pitch after so long out,” Poldi declared on Sunday morning after a light shakedown at the Säbener Strasse.

Four months after knee surgery, the player is now aiming for a swift return to the Bundesliga team. “Obviously I lack stamina, freshness and match practice, but I’ll remedy that over the next few weeks,“ the 22-year-old continued. Hitzfeld intends to monitor the Germany man’s progress in training this week before potentially handing him a seat on the bench against Hannover: “He needs match practice,“ Hitzfeld confirmed.

The former Köln hitman could equally well pick up the necessary practice with the reserves against Stuttgarter Kickers the following day. “If I or anyone else believes I’m still short of match practice, I don’t have any problem with turning out for the second team,” Podolski stated.
FC Bajern

Podolski may not make it

Postby tracylynn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Hoeness warns Podolski may not make it
Associated Press

MUNICH, Germany (AP) - Germany striker Lukas Podolski may not make it at Bayern Munich if he does not change his attitude, the club's general manager has warned.

"When I read in an interview that he thinks he's got nothing left to prove, I must say that's a wrong assessment," Uli Hoeness said in an interview with the Sueddeutsche Zeitung published Wednesday. "On the contrary, he has something to prove. He hasn't achieved anything so far."

Podolski, considered one of Germany's brightest talents, signed for Bayern from second-division club Cologne before the 2006 World Cup.

Although playing regularly for Germany, Podolski struggled in his first year in Bayern, before missing most of the second half of the season with a knee injury.

Bayern brought in fellow Germany striker Miroslav Klose from Werder Bremen before this season and added Italy's World Cup winner Luca Toni. Podolski has only started when one of the other two have been injured. Klose and Toni have nine goals between them in six league games so far.

"If he doesn't change his attitude radically, he won't make it here," Hoeness told the Munich newspaper.

Hoeness said he expected to trigger an "angry" reaction from Podolski and that the striker now had to "ignite."

"In the next six to eight months it will be clear if he makes it or not. He's been here almost one and a half years, in his second year he has to break through," Hoeness said.

"He has only one strong weapon and that's his left foot. That's not enough," the manager added.

Podolski, 22, has scored 23 goals in 40 games for Germany, but only four in 25 Bundesliga games for Bayern.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uli is correct in saying that Poldi still has to prove something. There are no excuses for this year.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Yeah, I'm with Hoeness on this. Podolski's movement off the ball is really bad; he seems to be lazy. Just notice how very few chances he gets, and compare that to the number of chances that Toni gets, because Toni is always better placed and can easily unmark himself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion