You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Lukas Podolski

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Those are offers you can't refuse. Podolski wasn't playing for Milan and MUFC but for Koln... you can't compare them.

Podolski was sold for how much he was bought and probably on his last year of contract... which shows the picture of inflation.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:44 pm

JANCKER wrote:Those are offers you can't refuse. Podolski wasn't playing for Milan and MUFC but for Koln... you can't compare them.

Podolski was sold for how much he was bought and probably on his last year of contract... which shows the picture of inflation.

Podolski was playing for Bayern and was sold in the summer before Bayern reached the Champions League final. 10m was, at the time, 66% of his market value.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:50 pm

MUTU wrote:10m was, at the time, 66% of the inflated market value.

Last year of contract? That counts too... he left as a flop with more value than when he came, which again says 'inflated market'.

What was his market value in 2006?
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm

In 2006, clubs such as Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Hamburger SV, Werder Bremen, and Real Madrid manifested their interest in Podolski, even though he had a contract with 1. FC Köln through 2007. On 1 June 2006, Podolski announced that a transfer agreement had been reached with Bayern Munich, allowing him to join the Bavarian side for the 2006–07 season. Financial details of the deal were not immediately available, but the transfer fee was speculated to be around €10 million.

You mention Real Madrid and a player's name in the same sentence today, he's automatically worth 30m.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:59 pm

JANCKER wrote:
MUTU wrote:10m was, at the time, 66% of the inflated market value.

Last year of contract? That counts too... he left as a flop with more value than when he came, which again says 'inflated market'.

What was his market value in 2006?

You don't understand. He was expected to fetch €15m (as per BILD, 24th November 2008) and he ended up fetching €10m.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:56 pm

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Jorge » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
I know who is celebrating:
Spoiler: show
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 pm

PODOLSKI IN GIAPPONE A FINE STAGIONE

Poldi will sign for Vissel Kobe in Japan
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 pm

I'd like Podolski as our forward-sub :oops:
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:59 pm

I keep reading after yesterday's match that Lukas Podolski is a "German Legend". I see the point: 130 games and 49 goals for the National Team but personally I have a problem with calling him a German Legend.

Typically a legend is someone who left a deep mark in an era, either with specifics heroics when the team accomplished big things or with a long and uninterrupted service to the team. In both cases Lukas contributions are questionable.

He had more impact on the team when he was young, in the last 8-10 years he was a decorative figure for the most part and many times the national coach had to defend his inclusion with the fact that he is a nice a guy that gets along well with everyone in the team so he was important in the locker room. It is unquestionable that he never fulfilled his potential.

Put his resume in the context of the German Football success and it is hard to defend his status as a legend. Germany has produced so many great footballers that contributed to a long history of success that the standards are very high to be considered a true legend.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Thomas Müller on Podolski's goal: "I don't know how much he paid the English goalkeeper to let that one in!"

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Jorge wrote:I keep reading after yesterday's match that Lukas Podolski is a "German Legend". I see the point: 130 games and 49 goals for the National Team but personally I have a problem with calling him a German Legend.

Typically a legend is someone who left a deep mark in an era, either with specifics heroics when the team accomplished big things or with a long and uninterrupted service to the team. In both cases Lukas contributions are questionable.

He had more impact on the team when he was young, in the last 8-10 years he was a decorative figure for the most part and many times the national coach had to defend his inclusion with the fact that he is a nice a guy that gets along well with everyone in the team so he was important in the locker room. It is unquestionable that he never fulfilled his potential.

Put his resume in the context of the German Football success and it is hard to defend his status as a legend. Germany has produced so many great footballers that contributed to a long history of success that the standards are very high to be considered a true legend.

I agree, never understood the hype about Podolski. I applaud him for his performances as a young man but he hardly deserves to be in the same context of legendary German players like Lahm and Schweinstiger are. I don't fault Löw for not dropping him for the purpose of squad harmony but i feel it has greatly exaggerated the level of player he is....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:44 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Haha he was reading Captain Tsubasa at the end.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion