You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Lukas Podolski

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 am

tflags wrote:
They are one of the more decent clubs financially wise clubs in the EPL. You have to hand it to them; for all they have been through, they now how to make a comeback-while in the black. Posting a decent balance sheet is no longer a forgone conclusion in English football I am afraid.

From Swissramble:
All well and good so far, but this is by no means the whole story at Arsenal, as their profits have been very reliant on property development and player sales. In these interims, there was little impact from property development, but without the £63 million profit on player sales, the football club would actually have made a sizeable loss of £14 million, including an operating loss of £7 million.
And Arsenal is never going to make 63 million pounds off player sales ever again. RvP would fetch 20 million at most given that he's on his last year of contract. Of the other lot, only Wilshere could be bought for over 20 million. If they indeed spend 10-15 million on Podolski, then considering the dwindling income from the Highbury real estate project, they're going to have to start selling players to stay in the black. Ergo, selling club. This is made even worse by the relatively high wages and high depreciation value of their panic buys Mertesacker, Arteta and Andre Santos.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Let us not get ahead of ourselves. Sure, they are running short on valuable players; and recent alternative sources of income might have proven bellow expectations. But you have to admire their stubbornness at posting a decent balance sheet despite the lack of foreign capital inflows enjoyed by neigh-boors, merchandising prowess of league competitors and out of this world TV rights deals that get shared by two guys out of 20.

My hat is off to that selling club in the world's most competitive transfer-in market. Whatever mistakes they have done in purchases, they are hardly that in player sales and their accountants have had a word to say as far as money invested.
As for their outlook for this year, financially wise, season is not over yet. Maybe depreciating Podolski does not sound too bad after a RvP deal. Just saying.

Edit: But my real question is, what is our percentage if Podolski is sold?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:24 pm

For all the talk about how good Arsenal's business side (apparently) is, the fact is that they are putting in worse and worse performances. A football club should prioritize results at some point.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

In the lets prioritize our football results list Arsenal is standing first in line. It is called Financial Fair Play, and Arsenal is not waiting until the last minute to figure out how to write off three years of continuing accumulating losses.

What I mean is, your fans might forgive you for winning the championship after 8 years of trophy drought, but UEFA's accountants will not let you walk out with a license with a one million pound profit that gets erased in a second by X times that amount in accumulated losses from previous periods (although you can accumulate up to £39.5m or £4.4m in losses depending on your patronage's title: Sugar Daddy or Stockholder and only for the first 3 years.)

Coming summer 2013, Arsenal might just be the club better prepared to invest the most out of their income in players. The real question is after all the years of football prioritizing in England, can City and Chelsea post anything that even gets consideration? Can United continue to pull off miracle profits despite their pile of debt? Then again, how many DHLs can you find around the corner and how [edit] much CL income can you forgo before answering that one?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

I am honestly tired about "well in the future this and that will happen" when it comes to Arsenal. Walcott was supposed to be the next Henry. Wenger was supposed to create the new Invincibles from his young'uns. And now FFP is supposed to save Arsenal and kick out all those other mean bad clubs.

Face it, City and Chelsea will find ways to circumvent FFP and Arsenal will continue their downward trend. Maybe not as bad as Leeds, but still.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby hgb09 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:07 pm

tflags wrote:Let us not get ahead of ourselves. Sure, they are running short on valuable players; and recent alternative sources of income might have proven bellow expectations. But you have to admire their stubbornness at posting a decent balance sheet despite the lack of foreign capital inflows enjoyed by neigh-boors, merchandising prowess of league competitors and out of this world TV rights deals that get shared by two guys out of 20.

My hat is off to that selling club in the world's most competitive transfer-in market. Whatever mistakes they have done in purchases, they are hardly that in player sales and their accountants have had a word to say as far as money invested.
As for their outlook for this year, financially wise, season is not over yet. Maybe depreciating Podolski does not sound too bad after a RvP deal. Just saying.

Edit: But my real question is, what is our percentage if Podolski is sold?

Here u go!! Click to find the answer to ur question: http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/3753/ ... o-arsenal-
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Reports are pouring in the media that Podolski's move to Arsenal is Perfekt, but so far no official confirmation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 pm

MUTU wrote:Reports are pouring in the media that Podolski's move to Arsenal is Perfekt, but so far no official confirmation.

I heard a commentator today say that it was a given fact that RvP was leaving this summer. "A given fact."

I did take it with a grain of salt; he was the same idiot who said Agu:ero had bought a house in Madrid just about the time he parted to Manchester...
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 am

FC Bayern will get 1.3 million euros from the Podolski sale!

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 44334.html
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:42 pm

MUTU wrote:FC Bayern will get 1.3 million euros from the Podolski sale!

Source: http://www.tz-online.de:80/sport/fc-bay ... 44334.html

Not bad!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Good. Now spend them on Usami :evil:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 pm

This is an Excellent move by Poldi - moving back to Köln was a mistake. I understand the whole hometown boy and all, but he needs to grow and proved a second time around he wasn't their savior. He will fit in well at Arsenal, and they will use a player like him. Too bad Bayern never made Poldi work out well, I think if Heynckes was coach -- then maybe.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby lau03143 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Good. Now spend them on Usami :evil:

That's the thought that came into my mind too
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:08 pm

OFFICIAL: Lukas Podolski signs for Arsenal

Source: http://www.fc-koeln.de/news/detailansic ... 2f171c8384

FC Bayern should get some 10% of the transfer value.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: 2011/2012 Generic transfer thread

Postby RAGHU » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 pm

RAGHU
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion