You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby BMike86 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:20 am

fa wrote:and btw, the reason why Poldi isnt playing that much is because he isnt 100% fit due to the WC in Germany this summer..
He start as a regular in October

it is exactly the reason why he isn't getting the playing time, that and the fact that Magath has a boner over the fact that Santa Cruz is still healthy so he is milking every bit out of Roque instead of giving a chance to Podolski. But Podolski I think should be fine now that our midfield is getting settled and that we are getting on a run even though against lesser opponents. Bayern has much more pressure put on their players once they put that red shirt on, its put up or shut up, what have you done for me lately football. plain and simple, a lot of great players with great potential dont make it at Bayern because the atmostphere isnt warming if we arent winning. some of this is due to media, other to fans, and the management of course. I think Magath also wants Podolski in a situation to succeed. if he doesnt score the first match and we lose or draw it is a disappointment and fingers are going to be pointed. but if we put him in during a good streak he could go scoreless and that hotstreak the club is on can protect him for a while until he does score. but things could go disasterous if he was tossed in right off the bat
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:28 am

BMike86 wrote:we wanted a superstar striker but got a solid one instead. I like Makaay but why Bayern brought him here isn't what he's been giving us.

I think he's met the expectations except in the last season. After all, the coaches and management all hailed him 2 seasons ago.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 am

BMike86 wrote:Bayern has much more pressure put on their players once they put that red shirt on, its put up or shut up, what have you done for me lately football. plain and simple, a lot of great players with great potential dont make it at Bayern because the atmostphere isnt warming if we arent winning.

This is very true, and there's a very simple reason as to why. Among the top clubs in the world, if you take, say, the last 5 seasons, Bayern is the most, or one of the most, successful clubs in terms of number of successes. The people are now expectant of Bayern to win.

Milan is a great team, but see how many successes they've had in the last 5 years, and it's nothing compared to Bayern. Of course, they are playing in a superior league and that's the major reason as to why. But the difference is that when Milan win something, the fans are ecstatic. At Bayern, when we win something, the fans are just happy... but if we don't win something, then the fans are angry. Because we've come to expect to win everything locally.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:53 am

nessa13 wrote:but bayern has the money.. i mean if they buy him now hell be less expencive and hell be ready for the next season... i dont understand.. bayern needs players.. they cnt not spend any money.. it doesnt make sense.

The transfer window's been shut and it won't open again until January. By then his price tag would've shot up. Bayern has money in a sense, but we can't buy Huntelaar. We could, but Bayern is like all other German clubs: they don't like going into debt and they don't like throwing around money.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:15 am

podolski4life wrote:The transfer window's been shut and it won't open again until January. By then his price tag would've shot up. Bayern has money in a sense, but we can't buy Huntelaar. We could, but Bayern is like all other German clubs: they don't like going into debt and they don't like throwing around money.

Huntelaar could make sense, but after the season is through. In the summer we will have funds from the CL, Bundesliga, and DFB cup depending on how well we do in each. Plus we can see who we are going to offload, Pizarro will probably leave since he's been quietly talking about it and Pizarro isn't one of Magath's guys. Also, we have to see how Makaay does, he means a lot to the Munich community but if he has a poor season with under 20 goals then I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sell him off. Huntelaar is prooving to be the next thing out there when it comes to dutch strikers. He will be a bit expensive since he was bought by Ajax. But he'll be more economical than a Ruud or whomever has been brought up. I think he has the skill to be better than Makaay as well.
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 am

Yes, he *is* scoring a lot of goals. He's already better than Makaay in my opinion. Imagine what a nice young attacking couple it would be to have Podolski and Huntelaar!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby alp01051 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:52 am

i think podolski and makaay must play in forward. santa cruz must be better for playing first 11. podolski goals in germany team very much. and he isbest young player of world cup 2006
alp01051
Getting the hang of it

Postby nessa13 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:04 pm

wait.. how long is podolskis cotract with bayern
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:35 pm

The contract is up to 30th June 2010.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:40 pm

MUTU wrote:The contract is up to 30th June 2010.

That's a long way to go...I am am sure he will extend his contract....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:47 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:The contract is up to 30th June 2010.

That's a long way to go...I am am sure he will extend his contract....

or that is just long enough for him to switch clubs and play at a bigger club in 3-4 years
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby nessa13 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:38 pm

ya thats tru... i think tha hell probably play for real madrid next.. who nos
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:46 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, he *is* scoring a lot of goals. He's already better than Makaay in my opinion. Imagine what a nice young attacking couple it would be to have Podolski and Huntelaar!

That would be so great ^^

I thought Poldi was only at Bayern till the end of the season? I'm sure I read this somewhere... *headdesk*
If German clubs took more risk and didnt worry so much about debt then they could boost the league and become one of the top 3. I know the Premiership spends spends spends but they don't seem to have problems ... I thought Bayern was mega rich, they should spend more money. They're a business after all. I don't know about the other big clubs, Bremen, Schalke, Nurenburg (sp?) ... not sure how rich they are. I guess the Bundesliga is quite modest.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aadapi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:22 pm

i think bayern should sell makaay and should go for Adriano as he is not happy at inter we need really a top class striker to make podli a better prospect for the future as he can learn a lot from him...........
aadapi
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:03 pm

I don't think we'd get adriano...

and before selling makaay, sell roque... spanish clubs would pay a mint for him, and he's never really performed here!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion