You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Podolski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Ribery07 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:26 pm

I want poldi to stay, i know hes having a tough time but i know hell break true and by the way its better to have 2 or 3 good strikers on the bench then 1, u need more then good 11 players u guys remember zickler he wasent playing alot but as a sub he was the best allmost everytime he came in he scored and u need people like that.
Ribery07
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23 am

I don't trust Sky Sports with European news since they said Bayern were trying to sign Van Persie :P I don't think Poldi is going anywhere in the near future, Hitzfeld seems to like him a lot and wants to give him a go. Maybe he's not being played correctly by Bayern though. There's obviously something preventing him performing the way he does for his NT.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby juventino » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 am

no way
juventino
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:36 pm

After all, Hitzfeld's decision to go with Klose and Luca Toni has already proven to be right as the two international strikers share the scoring table lead with eight goals each - and Munich enjoy a five-point advantage atop the standings.

Podolski was last month warned by Munich general manager Uli Hoeness to finally deliver in his second season, a view also shared by national team gerenal manager Oliver Bierhoff.

"Lukas knows that he has to work on his weaknesses," said Biehoff.

Podolski will have to take his familiar place on the bench on Saturday as Klose returns from an injury layoff which kept him out of Germany's latest Euro-qualifiers.

Bochum lie 14th and appear to have little to hope for against Munich, who are the only unbeaten team in the league and have lost only once in their last 16 trips to Bochum.

There will also be plenty of attention on the match between SV Hamburg and VfB Stuttgart, the surprise teams of the previous two seasons.

Hamburg finished a strong third in 2006, only to struggle for most of the past season before at least coming seventh. Stuttgart even claimed a surprise 2007 title in May, but are now a modest 12th with just three wins from nine games.

Stuttgart are without suspended captain Fernando Meira as they seek their first points of the season away from home.

Hamburg are also likely without their skipper as Rafael van der Vaart sustained a thigh injury during Dutch national team duty. It also doesn't help Hamburg's cause that they suffered both season defeats in the first games after national team breaks.

"You could see that we had problems after international matches. We must further develop as a team and be more concentrated. We don't want to see against Stuttgart what happened in Bochum and Frankfurt," said midfielder David Jarolim.

Also on the weekend agenda are Energie Cottbus vs. MSV Duisburg (Friday), Werder Bremen vs. Hertha Berlin, Bayer Leverkusen vs. Borussia Dortmund, Nuremberg vs. Eintracht Frankfurt, Hansa Rostock vs. Schalke 04 (Saturday).

On Sunday, second-placed surprise package SC Karlsruhe host struggling Arminia Bielefeld and Hanover 96 meet VfL Wolfsburg.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Unpredictable as he may be, for now I think Poldi is worth keeping. He has to show his class eventually, Toni and Klose just haven't done him any favors with their form. It looks like we'll see him for at least 45 in Portugal this week, unless Schlaudraff gets a chance instead...

I agree with you on the point that Toni and Klose may get injured! but Poldi still young, and I`m afraid that we might kill his spirit by leaving him on the bench!! :oops:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:28 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Unpredictable as he may be, for now I think Poldi is worth keeping. He has to show his class eventually, Toni and Klose just haven't done him any favors with their form.

Well, that is true that the form of Toni and Klose has prevented him from starting. But, the one thing that they all talk about is how when he does get to go onto the pitch, whether it is for 15 or 20 minutes, he still doesn't show anything. I think that is what Hoeness and them are talking about.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:54 pm

The good news for Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is that he will likely not be pressed to field Lukas Podolski in the near future.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Podolski remains convinced that he can nail down a first-team place with Bayern Munich. "I still have two-and-a-half years left on my contract with Bayern. I want to fulfill it," Podolski said this week.

Hoeness said last month that the player would not make it at the German giants if he didn't "change his attitude."

Podolski responded to the comment, saying "I can't be prevented from laughing."
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Poldi more successful in white of Germany

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Podolski has scored 23 goals in 41 appearances for Germany, but has not been as successful in Munich after a 2006 move from Cologne, with just four goals to date in 25 league matches.

Podolski remains prolific on the international scene

He has failed to score in his five substitute appearances in the Bundesliga this season following a comeback from a summer injury.

Klose, 29, has been out of action for three weeks with a knee injury, but between him and Italian World Cup winner Toni, the pair already have a 16 goals between them after just 10 league games.

Source: Deutsche Welle
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Werder Still Want €12 Million Podolski

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:31 pm

It appears Werder Bremen have not given up their hopes of signing Lukas Podolski from Bayern Munich, and are lining up an audacious swoop for the international striker.

Werder manager Klaus Allofs has confirmed to German magazine ‘SPORTBILD’ his continued interest in Podolski.

“We see him as a player who is capable of developing. You saw with Miroslav Klose how well a player can develop here with us.”

Werder reportedly have €12 million available to buy a new striker and have set the Bayern youngster as their number one target. Bremen have to act as it is unclear as to when Aaron Hunt and Ivan Klasnic will be returning, and whether they will be able to rediscover their top form.

Podolski, who cost Bayern €10 from Cologne, has a contract with the Bavarians which runs until 2010. Werder tried to sign him in the summer, but were rebuffed by Munich.

“Such an interest doesn’t just go away” admitted Allofs.

There is no concrete offer from Werder but they have started with the psychology, using their German internationals Torsten Frings, Tim Borowski, Clemens Fritz and Per Mertesacker to help convince the player.

“We talk and kid about with each other” Frings explained. “He has to make the decision himself. But I think it would be easier for him here than at Bayern, because the trainer would give him the opportunity to play.”

With the European Championships in the summer, Podolski will need to be playing if Joachim Löw is to consider him, something which is just not happening regularly at the moment for him in Munich.

LOFL @ Podolski, who cost Bayern €10 from Cologne, has a contract with the Bavarians which runs until 2010.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=468042
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:40 pm

If we had to let Podolski go, we should send him on loan and nothing more! =; and by the way, he`s not the only one who hasn`t given a chance.. there`s Shaludraf who`s so talented!! I believe that this player could do something if he had a chance to play. but if you asked me, I`m happy with Toni and Klose. they are super cool!!
Last edited by Miss Dangerous on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby xevi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 pm

bayern can't loan podolski: maybe he will score in an other team in bundesliga but he has to score here. in colonia he scored 12.

i think schlaudraff will be a sub forever. i think only sosa has good future. schaludraff is already 24.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 am

I don`t want Bayern to send Podolski on loan, but our mangments are not happy with his performance this season, and I`m afraid that they might sell him at the end of the season. I think that Podolski is talented. so, I don`t want to lose him. :(

On the other hand, you can`t campare his position with Colone to Bayern, it`s a completely different satiuation. with Colone he was the only star and the team used to play for him.. but in Bayern.. he`s lost with all of our super stars, and he should work on himself more than that.. and don`t forget the pressure to win every game as well! witch is something that he haven`t used to in Colone.

When it comes to Shlaudraff, he still young. and he was injured at the start of the season. obviously, the great performance of Klose and Toni.. kept him on the bench. these two great strikers are close to their 30s, or let say that Toni is already 31.. so, (IMO) Shlaudraff is the future!!
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby xevi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:47 pm

i think podolski is better than schlaudraff. he never won't be starter in bayern. i think of the new players of the summer jansen and sosa are the only who can be absolutely starters in the future. schlaudraff and altintop will be bench players because of his age and they haven't done nothing amazing.
and if we loan podolski to a bundesliga team maybe he will have the same situation that in colonge.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:14 pm

I agree with you in this point! send him on loan, but don`t sell him :mrgreen:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion