You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lukas Culjak

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Lukas Culjak

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Lukas Culjak, an 18 year old central defender who in 2013 left FC Bayern U17s for Dortmund U19s, is on the verge of signing for Aberdeen FC on a free transfer. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Lukas Čuljak

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Wow, I've never heard for this Čuljak, but I see he's already played 7 times for Croatia U-17 and that's why I know nothing about him.
Still, I don't get it why is this so important when he hasn't been our player for almost 2 years and he's on his way to leave Dortmund, too. But it's nice to know that this guy exists in football.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Re: Lukas Culjak

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 pm

FCB general wrote:Čuljak

Haha I was in a small dilemma whether I should use Culjak or Čuljak. But then I saw his official social media accounts on Instagram and Facebook, and he writes his own name as Culjak :)

FCB general wrote:Still, I don't get it why is this so important when he hasn't been our player for almost 2 years

Hmm, it's more of a jibe at fans who say we're destroying Dortmund buying all their players. The way I see it, Bayern have 2 ex-Dortmund players and currently Dortmund have 2 ex-Bayern players :D
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:37 pm

MUTU wrote:Haha I was in a small dilemma whether I should use Culjak or Čuljak. But then I saw his official social media accounts on Instagram and Facebook, and he writes his own name as Culjak :)

Well, to be honest that was strange to me as well and then I've checked out on Transfermarkt and there's been written in his country Čuljak. It wouldn't be strange, probably in Croatia there are people whose last name is Culjak, but Čuljak is nomal to see and hear. My cousins and everyone from Croatia or other Balkan countries whose names or surnames has -ić or somewhere in their surnames either letters Č or Ć, that check mark is left out. The same goes for Š and Ž. That's why some descendants in USA have transformed -ić into -ich, like Dario Cvitanich, John Malkovich, Rudy Tomjanovich, Mila Jovovich etc.

MUTU wrote:Hmm, it's more of a jibe at fans who say we're destroying Dortmund buying all their players. The way I see it, Bayern have 2 ex-Dortmund players and currently Dortmund have 2 ex-Bayern players :D

:lol: :lol: Now I understand all of this. :mrgreen: Haha, good one! :cheers:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Transfer goes through. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

FCB general wrote:there's been written in his country Čuljak

Thing is, he was born in Germany. Quite possibly they replaced the non-German character Č with a 'C' in his official data.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:55 pm

MUTU wrote:Thing is, he was born in Germany. Quite possibly they replaced the non-German character Č with a 'C' in his official data.

German alphabet doesn't have Č, Ć, DŽ, Đ, Š, Ž and they sign as C, DZ, D, S, Z. It's always Jurkić, Čuljak, Ćutuk, Džeko, Đerki, Živković, Špehar, etc.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion