You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Luiz Gustavo [Luiz Gustavo Dias]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Luiz Gustavo [Luiz Gustavo Dias]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Martinez is indeed a far better midfielder, but Gustavo is a more flexible player and IMO superior to Martinez in every defensive position except CDM.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Gustavo was a great fighter every time he played and made great games in the important matches ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby bastos80 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Martinez is indeed a far better midfielder, but Gustavo is a more flexible player and IMO superior to Martinez in every defensive position except CDM.

Based on what ? Hasn't played at CB in the last 3 years.
Can't imagine a lot of players doing a better job in the middle CB position that Martínez..

Anyways, don't really want to start another discussion about Javi at CB. If we want a Javi replacement, we should sign a proper player CB , the area where we arguebly have our biggest weakness, and not bring back Gustavo for €35M.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Nah, Gustavo would be great next to Schweini @ DM, Lahm could have gone back to RB.. Alaba LB, Boateng and Dante/Badi CB, then Javi's out of action time could be a bit easier to handle. But Rode/Hojbjerg next to Schweini i could imagine aswell.
Ottomeister13

Postby bastos80 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:38 pm

And when Javi and Thiago are back ? We're going to let Gustavo rot on the bench again ? Thiago is Pep's boy and won't be benched, and rightfully so. Martínez would go back to defence, something that is pretty unpopular here...Rather sign a top class CB, put Dante into the DVB role, Badstuber our 3rd CB and let Javi play in midfield together with Schweini and Thiago/Götze.
Gustavo deserves to be a starter. Also €35M is just too much for him.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Javi has to come back first and getting back in his best shape.. Same goes for Thiago tbh. But i was talking about the fact that if he was still with Bayern ;) Not about getting him back, my fault.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Gustavo was a great fighter every time he played and made great games in the important matches ;)

That 5-2 loss to Dortmund DFB Cup Final, though. That's why we wanted Martinez at any cost.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm

In that game the whole team failed to a certain point, not just one man ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:55 am

bastos80 wrote:Based on what ? Hasn't played at CB in the last 3 years.
Can't imagine a lot of players doing a better job in the middle CB position that Martínez..

Anyways, don't really want to start another discussion about Javi at CB. If we want a Javi replacement, we should sign a proper player CB , the area where we arguebly have our biggest weakness, and not bring back Gustavo for €35M.

Based on their performances for Bayern, regardless of when they happened. I won't take anything away from Javi's performances for Bilbao, but what they did for Bayern is the most important for us, and if we play a 4-man defence like last season it's very similar to what LVG used to use.

However, I agree completely on your last point. The good thing about Gustavo is that he replaces Javi in both positions, but it seems that Martinez was not being considered a midfielder anyway.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:40 am

He's one of the best true destroyers in the world, but I don't think we could get him for a reasonable price..and if you consider Pep's tactics spending that kind of money on a player we might not even use...it's not worth it.

With that said, I'm a huge fan of Gustavo and I would love to have two of the best DMFs around (Javi+LG). I don't think it will happen though, LG left for a reason.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri May 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Just thought I'd post this here. I love Javi's elegant play, but sometimes I miss this son of a bitch. It was one fo the greatest tragedies of our time that we couldn't field him and van Bommel at the same time. :twisted:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bastos80 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:36 pm

I miss him too, but would've been inpossible to make him stay.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 01, 2015 5:54 pm

Wow forgot that we had this beast... thanks for sharing. We now have a little one in Rode may he become like him. There is also Javi Martinez ofcourse but Gusta was something different

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri May 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Pep didn't like him, also bench Javi Martinez who had a great performance in the last games of the 2012/2013 season.

Pep send a message to bayern, that he did not want to play with a defensive midfielder, so for consequence our centre back suffered more during the season.

After the tragedy against Real Madrid, Pep learned about the important role of a defensive midfielder, so start to give more protagonism to Javi as also sign Xabi when Javi got injured.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 01, 2015 6:26 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Pep didn't like him, also bench Javi Martinez who had a great performance in the last games of the 2012/2013 season.

Pep send a message to bayern, that he did not want to play with a defensive midfielder, so for consequence our centre back suffered more during the season.

After the tragedy against Real Madrid, Pep learned about the important role of a defensive midfielder, so start to give more protagonism to Javi as also sign Xabi when Javi got injured.

Xabi is not really a defensive midfielder. More a of a quarterback / distributor. I still don't think Javi will play in midfield under Pep.
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion