You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lúcio [Lucimar Ferreira da Silva]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Lúcio [Lucimar Ferreira da Silva]

Postby kevh26 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:27 pm

What does everyone think of lucio?

I think Tuesday nights performance typified him... Good defender when he wants to be, but he doesn't he wants to be a midfielder and pushes up too much, leaving a massive hole in the back four especially when our full backs are attacking minded, I personally would opt for a more defensive player!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:43 pm

To tell you the truth, I've always wondered why the coaches have never realised that his best position would be defensive midfield. I'm sure he'd be extremely successful in front of the defence. He has the speed, he has the determination, he can push forward... the position is ideal for him.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:58 pm

Yeah, I agree with you guys. If he keeps running up all the time, the coaches should be playing him in the midfield. I think that's more practical than leaving him in a position he is less suited in.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:02 pm

well after all he is brasilian its in his blood to attack, and i think defender its the right position for him. he can make superiority in attack
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby alp01051 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:30 pm

i think hei is one of the best defander in the world. he isn't slow, he can join the attacks, and he is clever. he can play as defansive midfielder. but in defance, he make good things
alp01051
Getting the hang of it

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:50 pm

I think he is better in the defence , he is fast unlike Van Buyten , if we play with 2 slow center defenders we will face many problems .
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby BMike86 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:26 pm

supr4king wrote:well after all he is brasilian its in his blood to attack, and i think defender its the right position for him. he can make superiority in attack

exactly, the only problem is the slow pace of the all around match in the Bundesliga. if it was Spain or England it wouldnt be noticed but when he flys forward sometimes its like he's pushing harder than the midfielders. CB is his position and is the right one, and we definately need that speed he brings. Easily one of the fastest CB if not the fastest in the Bundesliga
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:27 pm

you don't necessarily need speed to be a class centre back. Look at John Terry, as long as you've got that great positional sense and awareness, you can be a strong centre back, I think Van Buytens got that, he doesn't try anything overboard, he knows his limitations, lucio doesn't!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:31 pm

I really don't mind Lucio going forward. Most times when he is stopped, it's because he was fouled. Sometimes the match is getting closed, and no team can do anything, and suddenly he rushes up the field with the ball at his feet... he opens up new possibilities. It's important that when he does it, someone else covers up for him in defence.

After all, this is what our great Beckenbauer used to do, and no one can rightfully say he harmed the team.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Beckenbauer was in a different league to lucio... he'll be remembered as one of the great defenders for years to come
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Definitely. Perhaps it was an unfair comparison, however I just brought up an example. In his days, a midfielder would cover up for Beckenbauer in defence.

Lucio is a great dribbler. Once he's accelerated, he is very hard to stop, and most opponents have to resort to fouling him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:38 pm

I think he is a good defender...But he has to restrict himself from going forward..
Sometimes his surges from the defence prove very efficient. He seems unstoppable sometimes..I like it when he runs from our box to the opposition box without any resistance ...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Lucio

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Here's a link to an article stating that Lucio has a foot injury and will be out at least a week.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/ne ... 70646.html

Edited: I just read on another board that he might be out at least 3 weeks.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:52 am

No he's not going to be out for 3 weeks. In fact the Bayern site states in a German article (not yet translated into English) that whether or not he will participate on Saturday against Frankfurt remains to be seen. So as such the injury could potentially take just a few days to heal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 am

Injury list updated!
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion