You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lúcio [Lucimar Ferreira da Silva]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby BayernJ » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:14 am

Lucio looks to leave Bayern

Defender linked with summer move to Barcelona

Lucio is looking to quit Bayern Munich in the summer in order to move to a different league.

The Brazilian defender originally arrived in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen in the 2000/01 season before joining Bayern in 2004.

He has been linked with an end-of-season switch to Barcelona, with reports claiming the Spanish club have offered the centre-half a four-year contract.

The 29-year-old did not confirm any interest from Barcelona, but hinted he is hoping to find a new challenge in the summer.

Hoping for interest

"I have already said the leagues in Spain, Italy and England - three of the strongest in the world - all interest me," Lucio, who is contracted to Bayern until 2010, told the Munich Abendzeitung.

"If interest is shown from any of these countries, I would be very pleased.

"Bayern have already told me they want to keep me.

"But all clubs say that to their players if they are still under contract.

"If interest is shown by another club for a player, there is usually a few conversations and a solution is found fast."

-Skysports-
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Bayernglasgowfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 pm

E20M is a lot and yes it would be difficult to turn that sort of money down - but I would like to see him stay, depsite the odd error he is sound and a 100% commited defender.
Bayernglasgowfan
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:31 am

Did anyone else see the Valencia v Barca game today? It finished 3-2 to Valencia, and based on Barca's defensive play Bayern should be holding out for as much as they can get for Lucio since Barca is in TROUBLE. We can get away with highway robbery here, no joke. Unfortunately, I'm sure Barca's smarter than that. But still, no less than 20mil for Lucio is THE TRUTH.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 am

If you have watched GolTv news you will know the Roma rumor isn't true. Lucio has said he wants to go to either England, Spain, or Italy. Barca has offered the Brazilian defender 15 mill euros. This is in no way a sure thing. We shall have to see if Lucio and Bayern can reach a deal that is good for the both of them. Who knows maybe if this trade goes down we can offer the much younger Mertesacker a contract.
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:05 am

First of all, Roma is in Italy, which is one country that Lucio said that he wanted to play in. Though the rumor of Roma and Lucio is not true. Lucio could still end up in Italy, though I think he'll end up in Spain instead. I don't think he will end his career in Bayern because he has stated more than once that he wants to play elsewhere and it's just a matter of time before he leaves Bayern.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:57 am

First of all, you dont have to point out to me that Roma is from italy and yes lucio could very well end up in Italy. This all depends on if bayern and lucio can reach an agreement that will benefit both of them. I personally hope bayern do not let Lucio go because he has been the most solid defender we have had......i think his contract ends in 2010, so we shall see.
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mattie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Lucio is worldclass barcelona want to give 15 mio for him but the italian defender barzagli is in my opinnion better i hope they sign him barzagli is also younger its worth to give every money for him

so they should sell Lucio nd get barzagli
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernJ » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:27 am

Lucio eyes Bayern departure
Brazilian wants move to Spain

Bayern Munich defender Lucio has revealed that he is dreaming of a move to Spain.

The Brazilian is under contract at Bayern until 2010 but he has repeatedly stated that he wants to head off for a new challenge.

He has previously expressed his admiration for both the English and Italian leagues, but he now has his heart set on a switch to La Liga.

"It is my dream to play there," Lucio told TZ.

"If there was a good offer I would leave Bayern. An offer from Barcelona or Madrid is the biggest thing for every football player."

Speculation has suggested that Barcelona are interested in a summer swoop for Lucio, with reports claiming the Spanish club have offered the centre-half a four-year contract.

However, Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is determined to keep the 29-year-old at the club.

Rummenigge said: "He will not get our acceptance to leave us. He is a very good player and we want to keep such ones."

-Skysports-
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:35 am

I think Bayern is going to have a repeat of the Hargreaves's situation.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Lucio is a world class defender. I don't see it anywhere possible for Bayern to find someone with as much skill, pace and experience as Lucio. Even if they did, they wouldn't be very likely to want to move to Germany. So much that Bayern are prepared to lose him on a free in 2 seasons' time rather than cash in on him now.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernJ » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Lucio targets Real deal
World Cup winner seeks Bernebeu move

Brazilian defender Lucio has indicated that he would be interested in a move to Real Madrid this summer.

The Bayern Munich centre-back has revealed that he intends to leave the Allianz Arena at the end of the season, with Spain his preferred destination.

Despite being contracted to the Bundesliga giants until 2011, Lucio is confident that a compromise can be reached which will allow him to seek a new challenge in his already illustrious career.

"It's definite that I am seeking to leave and my first is to play for Real Madrid or an important Italian team," he said.

"The moment has come for me to leave Bayern and I want to face a new challenge, either in Spain or Italy.

"I have enjoyed four excellent years at Bayern but there comes a time as a professional when you want to experience new sensations, most of all when you are not so young anymore.

"I think that this is the right moment to do that."

-Skysports-

Not looking good... :?
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby BayernJ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 pm

-Goal-

Lucio: I’m Staying At Bayern
Bayern Munich centre back Lucio has calmed the fears of fans by assuring them that he is going to stay with the club at the end of the season.

Earlier this year it seemed that the Brazilian was poised to exit the Allianz Arena after seven seasons in Germany after a press source quoted him as saying he wanted a fresh challenge abroad.

The 29 year old has however stressed in an interview with Sportbild that he intends to stay with the Bavarian giants come the end of the current season, which could see Bayern win the treble of Bundesliga, German Cup, and Uefa Cup.

“I have come to a decision. There is no reason to leave” he told Sportbild. “I am staying with Bayern. From my point of view, there is no doubt that I will be playing for Bayern next season” he added.

Lucio confirmed that the words of praise recently spoken by Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge were nice to hear and showed to him how highly he was valued by the club.

“It is good for your self-confidence. That shows me that FC Bayern want me. But I’m not sure what Mr. Rummenigge is thinking now after my own goal against St Petersburg” Lucio joked.

The defender is also looking forward to working under new trainer Jürgen Klinsmann next season.

“When the champagne bottles are empty after our celebrations at the end of the season, then we’ll look to the future” he explained.

“I am looking forward to the challenge under Jürgen Klinsmann.

“It’s clear that it will be difficult to go even higher, but our target will have to be to carry forward our great form this season into the next” he added.

-Skysports-

Lucio plans Bayern stay
Brazilian plays down Barca rumours

Bayern Munich defender Lucio has rejected rumours linking him with a move away from the club.

The Brazilian international was strongly linked with a transfer away from Bayern earlier this season with Barcelona thought to keen on acquiring his services.

The 29-year-old, who has two years to run on his current contract at Bayern, says he has no plans to leave Bavaria.

"I have made my decision, I have no reason to leave here, I will stay with Bayern," Lucio told Bild.

The news is a boost for Bayern ahead of their Uefa Cup semi-final with Zenit St Petersburg on Thursday.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby soccerkyle » Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 am

He deserves to be the next captain
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Lucio To Commit Future At Bayern

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Brazilian centre back Lucio looks set to commit his long-term future to Bayern Munich after hinting that he is looking to extend his current deal beyond 2010.

There has been much speculation over the summer months as to the future of Brazilian defender Lucio, but the 30 year old has seemingly put an end to the uncertainty by saying he is happy to stay at the Bavarian club.

“For me this topic is no longer up for discussion” he said in an interview with Sport Bild.

“It’s continually been the case that one club or the other was in for me, but nothing came of it in the end. I’m not paying attention to this nonsense anymore. I’m staying at Bayern” he vowed.

“The club now offers me the structures that I have always wanted. I want to be here when Bayern grows. At the moment it looks like there will be a contract extension beyond 2010.”

The Brazilian had been one of the contenders to become the new club captain, but trainer Jürgen Klinsmann handed the armband to Dutchman Mark van Bommel- a decision that Lucio is more than happy with.

“The role of captain for me is not the deciding thing. For me what is important is what happens on the pitch” he explained.

“I don’t have to talk a lot. What makes me stand out is my body language in the game. I am a fighter, Oliver Kahn wasn’t the biggest talker, but was a great captain. I’m just like him.

“We also have something else in common. We keep fighting to the very last minute of a game for victory, because we simply hate to lose.”
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Lucio

Postby tigercup » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 pm

lUCIO IS the weakest link we have i think next year breno will take over him and hummels will come over for van buyten.
I think lucio has passed his prime maybe he isn't good anymore for bayern.Dont get me wrong because i love him but i want to mention a point.
At first my aim was to get rid of micho but after watching some great performances now im convinced that lucio maybe is the one.ORRRR
THERE IS ONLY 1 LEFT why we let goals in::: It's because the defence aren't sure of rensing and the defnsive line is deep.
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion