You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Luca Toni

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Toni featured in the Viola's 1-0 win against Chievo on Saturday night and reports suggest he will arrive in the Bavarian capital today.

"If there was anything to say, we would tell you," said Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness, while coach Ottmar Hitzfeld commented: "We will not answer any questions about individual names or comment on speculation."

Toni's agent Tullio Tinti also refused to confirm that a deal was imminent, saying: "The report of a contract agreement with Bayern Munich is baseless."

The World Cup-winning striker is one of the continent's most prolific strikers, having scored 61 goals in his last two full Serie A seasons, and with 16 in the present campaign.

His contribution has taken Fiorentina into the UEFA Cup positions in Serie A despite starting the season with a 15-point penalty.

Bayern have had a disastrous season and are almost certain to miss out on Champions League football next term.

General manager Uli Hoeness has promised sweeping changes and the indications are that Fiorentina would be willing to sell their prize asset.

Toni will be 30 in May and, with the Viola's youngster Giampaolo Pazzini breaking into the first-team reckoning, the club may have decided to cash in.

Gazzetta dello Sport also claim that Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli has agreed a contract extension tying him to the Tuscan club until 2011.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:I just read that Toni has agreed with Bayern according to "Gazzetta", the transfer will cost 18 mil and each year Toni will get 6 mil from Bayern sooooo
5 x 6 = 30 mil euro...i mean that would be enough for me .
Anyway they just wait for this season to end and then they will announce it.

But who says he will get a 5 year contract? He will turn 30 next month, so probably the deal is for 3 or max. 4 years.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:55 pm

Luca Toni has scored 12 goals in 27 internationals, has signed a five-contract and will reportedly earn 5.5 million euros per season according to German magazine Sport-Bild.

The forward is believed to have made his decision on Friday evening and chosen the German giants over European rivals AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan, who were also bidding for his signature.

Having been part of Italy's 2006 World Cup squad, Toni scored two goals in the quarter-finals win over the Ukraine and scored both goals in Italy's 2-0 victory against Scotland in last month's Euro 2008 qualifier.

Fourth-placed Bayern are also courting German international Miroslav Klose, from their Bundesliga rivals Werder Bremen, and last week met with the 67-times capped striker, who has scored 33 goals for his country.

After Bayern Munich were beaten 2-1 at home to Hamburg on Saturday, manager Uli Hoeness refused to confirm or deny the story.

"We will be in a position to finalise our squad in the next three or four weeks, but I will not comment on names at present," he said.

With Fiorentina still involved in the battle for a place in Europe next season, Toni's agent, Tullio Tinti, was keen to play down the report.

"The news of an agreement between Toni and Bayern is without any substance," he told Italian news agency ANSA in Rome.

"No decision will be taken before the end of the season, when representatives from both clubs can meet."
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:06 pm

Anyhow, this transfer will probably be paid with the money we get from Hargreaves. Im just curious what will happen with Makaay. Imo he will end up at PSV (especially now they qualified for CL). This leaves us with just Podolski and Schlaudraff, two youngsters. So will there also be a move for Klose?
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Matakos » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:31 pm

I believe we are gonna keep makaay,he or poldi will play alongside toni....and the other will be used as a super-sub.(makaay is also getting older and is good for a 32 year old to play at bayern so he could be used as a super sub!) :D
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:14 pm

fa wrote:
Schweini_rules wrote:I just read that Toni has agreed with Bayern according to "Gazzetta", the transfer will cost 18 mil and each year Toni will get 6 mil from Bayern sooooo
5 x 6 = 30 mil euro...i mean that would be enough for me .
Anyway they just wait for this season to end and then they will announce it.

But who says he will get a 5 year contract? He will turn 30 next month, so probably the deal is for 3 or max. 4 years.

thats what the rumors say mate, for me we already have Toni , not sure bout the contract length but hey would he prefer to come to a team who out of CL with a 3 - 4 year contract and not like 5 or 6 mil earnings each year ? I don't think so man , the contract must be like 4 or 5 years and i don't doubt that he will earn round 5 or 6 million euro.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:48 am

I saw this on another site and it's just too funny though it's somewhat relies on stereotypes.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:19 am

tracylynn wrote:

I saw this on another site and it's just too funny though it's somewhat relies on stereotypes.

hahaha... so fitting....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:02 am

Chelsea owner Abramovich draws up lucrative package for Toni
tribalfooball.com - April 29, 2007

Chelsea are planning a bid for Fiorentina centre-forward Luca Toni.
Amid reports that a deal has been struck with Bayern Munich over the Italy international, La Nazione says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to offer £15 million for Toni at the end of this season.

Abramovich is a big fan of Toni and has drawn up a package worth £4.5 million-a-year to bring him to Stamford Bridge.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=37572
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:04 am

Please dont let it come ture. :x
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 am

I dont care...while he is a very good player hes italian...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:07 pm

"On April 28th, 2007 Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Luca Toni had agreed to sign a 5-year contract with German club Bayern Munich after the 2006-07 season. The agreed transfer fee was reported to be 18 million Euros. ( 12 million pounds )."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Toni

i will take this as a confirmed signing and am pleased to say i'm happy with it.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Matakos » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:46 pm

i don't know...i'm not 100% sure,you know press often reports fake news...we cannot be 100% sure,until there is something on fcb official site.
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:37 pm

it's fix when Uli says so and not earlier
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:42 pm

Duncan wrote:it's fix when Uli says so and not earlier

What did you mean? I dont understand.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion