You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Luca Toni

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby diegis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:12 am

Juventus have made a three-year contract offer to Fiorentina striker Luca Toni.

The Italy international is mulling over this week a deal over three years from Juve worth �2.5 million-a-season.

Fiorentina president Andrea Della Valle is reluctant to sell, but may change his stand should Juve include the likes of Manuel Blase and Marco Marchionni in their offer.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:21 pm

Bayern Munich have joined the race for Fiorentina striker Luca Toni.
Toni is wanted by Inter Milan and Juventus, however the World Cup winner has all but ruled out the Serie B club because he wants to play Champions League football next season.

Armed with their new £70 million transfer kitty, Juve won't give up on Toni, but they will face stiff competition from Bayern, which has registered their interest in the centre-forward in recent days.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:38 pm

eeerm he is tooo blooooooooooody OLD for us and for a large amount of money as Juve wont back off.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:41 am

I really hope we dont get him because he is too old expensive and this money should be used for the midfield
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 am

No, we need fresh attackers. It is likely that both Santa Cruz and Pizarro will be leaving in summer, leaving just Makaay and Podolski in attack.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:25 am

Luca Toni’s future remains uncertain, torn between the prospect of another season as Fiorentina’s star player and the possibility of trying his luck elsewhere, maybe at Inter, Juventus or Real Madrid. In any case, rumours regarding his future club keep popping up. The latest come from Germany, with Bayern Munich manager Ottmar Hitzfeld expressing his interest in the striker, whom he consider the ideal replacement for the departing Roque Santa Cruz. Even 21-year old Lucas Podolski would be pleased with Toni’s arrival: “It’s always a good thing being able to have quality players in your team,” he told Bild newspaper. “I would not be intimidated if he should come here next season.”

-----------------------------------

The latest come from Germany, with Bayern Munich manager Ottmar Hitzfeld expressing his interest in the striker, whom he consider the ideal replacement for the departing Roque Santa Cruz.

Let's put it this way... for the short term, I think everyone will agree that Toni would be an improvement to Santa Cruz in attack. I think Bayern will buy him for around 10 million euros. From what I heard, he has a clause in his contract that allows foreign clubs to sign him for that much, so the reported 30 million euros are incorrect. Of course, it looked too unrealistic that Bayern would spend 30 million euros for a 30 year old player.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:50 pm

toni is old and he only will score during two seasons. now bayern's politic is have a young team so we should pay more and get a forward like huntelaar
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:12 pm

And after two seasons when he stops scoring we can replace him with another seasoned striker. I welcome him as a replacement for Santa Cruz, because he'll still probably score more in the couple of seasons he'd play for us than Santa Cruz would score if he played out the rest of the career at Bayern. If Pizarro leaves, then we could replace him with someone like Huntelaar, but that's looking increasingly more difficult considering there are clubs from England, Spain and Italy interested in Huntelaar.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dracus » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:02 pm

MUTU wrote:And after two seasons when he stops scoring we can replace him with another seasoned striker. I welcome him as a replacement for Santa Cruz, because he'll still probably score more in the couple of seasons he'd play for us than Santa Cruz would score if he played out the rest of the career at Bayern. If Pizarro leaves, then we could replace him with someone like Huntelaar, but that's looking increasingly more difficult considering there are clubs from England, Spain and Italy interested in Huntelaar.

Well spending 30m on such a old player out the peak is like being a mad man.I would like raul instead and he sure can come cheap,really cheap
I dont even think anyone would bother to make a 30m bid except us.They all would be goinng for 22-26m
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 pm

dracus wrote:
MUTU wrote:And after two seasons when he stops scoring we can replace him with another seasoned striker. I welcome him as a replacement for Santa Cruz, because he'll still probably score more in the couple of seasons he'd play for us than Santa Cruz would score if he played out the rest of the career at Bayern. If Pizarro leaves, then we could replace him with someone like Huntelaar, but that's looking increasingly more difficult considering there are clubs from England, Spain and Italy interested in Huntelaar.

Well spending 30m on such a old player out the peak is like being a mad man.I would like raul instead and he sure can come cheap,really cheap
I dont even think anyone would bother to make a 30m bid except us.They all would be goinng for 22-26m

ummm..Toni is still in his peak...but hes too old.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:40 pm

It's not going to be 30 million euros though. It will be at most 10 million euros, because of the clause in his contract saying that he can leave if a foreign club offers 10 million euros for him. It may be 30 million euros for other Italian clubs, but not for Bayern.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:09 pm

I really doubt that Toni is coming to Munich, he already expressed his preference to stay in Italy. Rumours are that he already agreed terms with Juve after he's disappointed with Fiorentina about not be able to compete for Scudetta nor the CL.. Appartently he only wants to stay if Fiorentina doubles his salary. Other clubs that are interested both Milan sides.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby xevi » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:03 pm

I don't believe that we will have a forward like podolski, makaay, huntelaar and toni. forgett that. I think that if pizarro leaves we only will have podo, makaay and Mr. X. (more schlaudraff). we should get two new strikers if pizarro leaves but i doubt. for this reason we should keep pizarro and get a new forward and younger: huntelaar. Two "old": makaay, pizarro. two youngers: podolski and huntelaar.
and raul not. worst than toni.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:12 pm

pay a maximam of 10-20 million on toni and get a young star player
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:36 am

according to kicker Toni was already in Munich, but they alos write that Toni is still favoring Italian clubs
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion