You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Luca Toni

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 03, 2007 4:31 am

I took this pic from a news report linking him to Bayern and I have to say...he looks bad, really bad in that pic, and he looks sorta ticked off about something. Of course, it's a little funny that the news used that pic for that article.

BTW...I can not frown like that. It might be because I'm such a positive person. :D
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 5:05 am

haha, this picture make me laughing. A little cute.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:16 am

though i am not the biggest of the fans of the italian team myself (mostly because of the fact that they beat both my supported teams during the WC- germany and australia- the latter in particularly unfair terms :evil: ), i really want this so far unconfirmed signing to be true. its no doubt that this guy is class and thats exactly what we need.

assuming that he will arrive in munich, i must note that if he dives the way most italian strikers do, its highly unlikely we'd be complaining, especially if it wins us a penalty 8). that 'talent' might help us out in times of need and it reminds me of grosso's dive against australia in the last minute to win a penalty and ultimately win the match 1:0 :( . in addition, i'm sure you all remember ballack's 'dive' against chelsea 2 season's ago... but then again it wasn't a dive , right? :)
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2007 10:31 am

I hate dives. I don't like my team winning due to cheating, but naturally I hate it more when they lose due to the other team cheating. The problem stems with the referees in Italy being too strict, and awarding penalties too easily.

It's very evident that a lot of players, most notably Italians and Spaniards, fall to the ground with even the slightest contact. Also, sometimes they move and act in a way to try and win a free kick/penalty rather than trying to score. This for me is cheating as well. You should never try to provoke your opponent into fouling you.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you were in some small fight in the school playground, where basically the fight stops when one ends up on the floor. For those who did, they know how difficult that is. For those who didn't just watch a match of wrestling. The guys in wrestling are stronger, but so are their opponents, so they're just as likely to fall to the ground. Then, in comparison, watch an Italian team playing. If a player feels as much contact as it would to throw a tomato at their back (no, not tinned), they will fall to the ground, wriggling in "pain" or arms wide open calling for a foul.

And it's not common that a footballer is physicall weak either. Footballers don't just train their legs but also their upper bodies, to give them an edge. The way they then fall with such little contact is just pathetic.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 am

MUTU wrote:I hate dives. I don't like my team winning due to cheating, but naturally I hate it more when they lose due to the other team cheating. The problem stems with the referees in Italy being too strict, and awarding penalties too easily.

It's very evident that a lot of players, most notably Italians and Spaniards, fall to the ground with even the slightest contact. Also, sometimes they move and act in a way to try and win a free kick/penalty rather than trying to score. This for me is cheating as well. You should never try to provoke your opponent into fouling you.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you were in some small fight in the school playground, where basically the fight stops when one ends up on the floor. For those who did, they know how difficult that is. For those who didn't just watch a match of wrestling. The guys in wrestling are stronger, but so are their opponents, so they're just as likely to fall to the ground. Then, in comparison, watch an Italian team playing. If a player feels as much contact as it would to throw a tomato at their back (no, not tinned), they will fall to the ground, wriggling in "pain" or arms wide open calling for a foul.

And it's not common that a footballer is physicall weak either. Footballers don't just train their legs but also their upper bodies, to give them an edge. The way they then fall with such little contact is just pathetic.

yeah i get exactly what your saying. of course for our team to win by cheating isnt the most delightful way to win but what i mean is we would be unlikelt to complain, even if it was admittedly a dive.

and about italians diving, i have suspicions that they actually have diving schools/practice in the seria a. and im not saying this tongue-in-cheek by the way but it seems to be their natural shifty mentality to do such a thing. nobody likes it, especially as you said, for it to happen against you but for example to support my point- i reckon the ac milan fans would have no doubt genuinely shouted penalty when gilardino did this obvious dive in the box:

bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Thu May 03, 2007 11:24 am

tracylynn wrote:
.... I know I'm really going to love it there.

depends on where you are going to in Germany :wink:
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:31 am

Duncan wrote:
tracylynn wrote:

i hear berlin is literally the turkish capital there now lol. i also hear the turks there are not the most classy (if u know what i mean and hoping your not turk as well lol).
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Thu May 03, 2007 1:53 pm

that's quite an exaggeration, turkisch immigration is generally quite strong throughout Germany. Nonetheless Berlin is quite interesting, not a boring city like Frankfurt or so
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu May 03, 2007 3:10 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Schweini_rules wrote:Tracy , you ever been to Germany ? If not, trust me if you will ever go and i wish you to then you will love Germany more than you do now . :D

I'm going to Germany next year and I will be there for about three months (going to school there). This summer I will be taking classes to improve my German so I won't have too hard of a time while I'm there. I know I'm really going to love it there.

Ok, back to the topic on hand....

Frankfurt is the place to be if you want to relax of course , not that coz i went there but coz its simply amazing. Regarding that comment about the turkish capital of Germany Berlin lol ..dont forget that Germany is a high populated country with lots but lots of immigrants. NUmber 1 immigrants are the Turks who mostly live in the north of the country and the're around 2,5+ mil while in the south you can find others like Greeks around half a mil. anyway Frakfurt is awesome , im sure you will love it in Germany.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:19 pm

hamit altintop might just be the first to come down to bavaria to live then lol.

-but i bet this joke is as funny as it is true. making it not really funny at all :lol:
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 03, 2007 8:08 pm

bayern1301 wrote:

Bang!!!! Someone shot him!!! :lol: :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Duncan wrote:
tracylynn wrote:

Sorry if this off-topic but I will be staying in Tubingen which is SW (I think) of Stuggart. While there, I do plan on visiting all the major cities, including Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich. I also plan on getting tickets to a Bayern game. I have a friend in Munich who is going to get the tickets so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Plus, I plan on visiting a few other countires before I leave to come home.

Now, back to the topic at hand.....a lot of the diving is due to the wind. No matter if the wind is calm or strong, these players are going down, and for the wrong reasons.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby soccerkyle » Thu May 03, 2007 9:26 pm

The worst divers by far are the pork and cheese
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 am

soccerkyle wrote:The worst divers by far are the pork and cheese

Blame it on me being blond but pork and cheese? Please explain.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby soccerkyle » Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 am

Portuges players are the worst divers what is there to explain
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion