You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

little news article I found

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Do you think a players haircut has any reflection on their attitude, commitment or personality on the pitch?

Yes - of course
54%
No - don't be silly
46%

Total votes : 13

little news article I found

Postby kevh26 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 pm

I just saw this today (old news apparently) but thought I would share it with you guys... personally, I don't think hair styles should make a difference, but imagin Van Buyten with a shaven head (wouldn't mess with him then!)

FC Bayern manager wants players to visit barber
By europeanfootballnews.co.uk - November 2 2006

FC Bayern Munich manager Felix Magath wants his long-haired players to get rid of their haircuts. The manager told German paper Bild that the players should take former FC Bayern star Michael Ballack as example. Ballack's haircut shows authority according Magath.

There are several players with long hair at FC Bayern currently such as Claudio Pizarro, Daniel van Buytenm Hasan Salihamidzic and Martin Demichelis.

Magath hopes his stars will take a look at Ballack's haircut.

"Ballack's haircut shows authority, commitment, belief and agressiveness. It's a sign that the player wants to do more for his club than just play football." According to Felix Magath.

Magath will not oblige his players to visit the barber.

"I would like to see them visit a barber but I won't force them, they should take the step."
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:21 pm

Why would the players would want to make a mess of themselves like ballack.He looked great with his haircut before
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:26 pm

LOL... I disagree with that one... I honestly don't think haircuts and appearance have anything to do with performance... look at Deisler...when he burst onto the scene...

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020912/deisler_43622.jpg

does that really look like someone who at the time was touted as the best talent in germany...

and Ballack looks like more of a 'midfield general' with the new haircut!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dracus » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:30 pm

kevh26 wrote:LOL... I disagree with that one... I honestly don't think haircuts and appearance have anything to do with performance... look at Deisler...when he burst onto the scene...

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020912/deisler_43622.jpg

does that really look like someone who at the time was touted as the best talent in germany...

and Ballack looks like more of a 'midfield general' with the new haircut!

I think one should look great instead of looking dumb.I never said that the haircuts have anything to do with the perfomance but haircuts may show personality traits
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Rubbish gibber.....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:27 pm

Haircuts do show personality, but it doesn’t affect their performance. That’d be silly :)
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:47 pm

I guess Magath does not realize that this is the 21st century and men with long hair is accpetable in many places

I like their hair because it does show their personality. Also, just like with women, some men don't look good with short or long hair. I saw a picture Pizarro with short hair and short hair does not suit him at all. For example, I can't imagine Lahm with long hair because it would not suit his personality or his face.

I think the players should tell Magath that if he wants them to cut their hair then he needs to shave all the hair off of his body first. :lol: Then maybe he'll learn that hair does not affect performance at all.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 am

Magath is mad...or must be very frustated with himself to utter these silly words..:P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby draconaut » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:42 am

What if one of the player dye his hair violet and gelled it up? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:30 am

Years ago I read a study that said that people with shaved hair were more likely to get red carded by referees. Guess they seem a bit cheeky to referees.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion