You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kingsley Coman

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Kingsley Coman

Postby kingbayern » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 pm

This guy has gotten better tbh, he doesn't only hug the wing but now he can play more inside, I see his creativity is increasing with more inside passing and with that pace is able to beat players and allow for quick transition. I know this goes against popular belief but few wingers his age are better. Also, like the fact that he is shooting more and he has gotten better but still got work to do to be more efficiency.

He needs to work on his crossing to be better and I believe with more game time intelligence will come i.e.coutiho. From what I see he has been developing well.
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:05 pm

As I stated in the leverkusen thread?
His development into a WC winger should be our topmost priority. We can't buy 2 WC wingers so he MUST develop into a WC winger so that we have decent sum to but 1 WC winger.
He should be given full support and as much gametime as possible.
If he ends up WC we keep challenging for CL..
In case he fails,we will become a mediocre club who wins domestic leagues but it useless for CL a la ajax or benfica.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:32 pm

prasun77 wrote:As I stated in the leverkusen thread?
His development into a WC winger should be our topmost priority. We can't buy 2 WC wingers so he MUST develop into a WC winger so that we have decent sum to but 1 WC winger.
He should be given full support and as much gametime as possible.
If he ends up WC we keep challenging for CL..
In case he fails,we will become a mediocre club who wins domestic leagues but it useless for CL a la ajax or benfica.

What do you expect when our board think that they are the only people in european football capable of making smart signings and out smart all the manageres and owners of other big clubs by using small amounts of money? I think Uli and Kalle are starting to show their age by this rigidity and inflexibility to understand that theey cant control the rules of the market, its like in a capitalist economy not a centralised economy: the market is the king and its variables. If everyone start to spend 60 M - 120 M (yeah, Neymar sum is crazy and we should follow this path, but you have to spend more than the sum spent on Tolliso), you have to fight with the same weapons.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Kingsley Coman confident he will establish himself at Bayern Munich
Kingsley Coman has told Sky Germany he believes he can see off competition from veterans Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben to win a regular spot at Bayern Munich this season.

Coman, 21, has had to be content with only substitute appearances in both of Bayern's Bundesliga wins so far this season.

In the opener against Bayer Leverkusen, he came on for Ribery after 77 minutes with the Bundesliga champions already leading 3-1, while in Bremen on Saturday he replaced Robben after 64 minutes. Eight minutes later, Coman laid on the first goal for Robert Lewandowski in Bayern's 2-0 victory.

Robben, 33, and 34-year-old Ribery -- Bayern's longest-serving player following the retirement of Philipp Lahm -- are both entering the final year of their present deals with the Bundesliga champions.

Asked how long the "Robbery" duo can keep going, Coman said: "You never know what will happen. Both are still playing to a very high level. Perhaps they will both extend their contracts again, you never say for sure.

"But I know that the club is completely banking on me in the future. I am still young; both of the others are simply a little older.

"I have spoken to the Bayern hierarchy and therefore I stayed in Munich because they will give me the chance here. Of course, I have to take my chances, but my prospects are good."Last season, Coman found first-team appearances harder to come by under Carlo Ancelotti, only starting 12 games, scoring two goals and providing a solitary assist, compared to 27 starts, 12 assists and six goals during an impressive debut season under former boss Pep Guardiola.

Despite struggling in his second season in Bavaria, the winger decided to make his two-year loan from Juventus permanent, amid reports Guardiola was interested in signing him for Manchester City.

"I didn't have a special relationship with Guardiola," Coman said. "We didn't speak a lot. However, it is correct I played and started more regularly as he placed his faith in me. At times, I also played because others were injured, but we didn't talk every day."

Asked whether he talks more often with Ancelotti, who handed him his league debut at PSG, he said: "Not really. The relationship is the same."

He said he feels he has improved, despite his lack of action last season, and rejected the suggestion he had made less effort.

"Not at all, I have always worked," he said. "The fact I played less allowed me to work more on the weak points in my game, like my heading or my finishing.

"I feel stronger than two years ago, even though you don't really see that as I don't have a huge amount of playing time."

He added: "Last year, for example, I understand entirely the coach's position, given my injuries. This year, I'm good physically, there's no problem. I'll see really if for me the coach respects statuses or not. But it's up to me to earn my place."

He did acknowledge that he had considered his position at the club at the end of last season.

"The only time I doubted was in May," he said. "I asked myself the question: 'Is staying at Bayern Munich the best thing to do? Wouldn't it be better to go to a smaller club to have more playing time and get back to my best?' I had a discussion with the club and I knew it was the right choice."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 pm

King is on fire tonight!
He has to be a starter for us this year.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Roonzil » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Looked slightly injured...let's hope he's ok.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Larhm » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 am

He is still on the same level as when we first got him a couple of years ago. All speed and no end product. I wish we had Sane or that Jesus guy from City.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 am

I believe he was our best player last night. He was actually the only one able to penetrate the box. Surely, his final pass/shot needs improvement, but there were a couple of occasions where he broke through the defense and sent in a low cross but was surprised to have our other attackers all away on the far post. I think he is the only one who deserves to keep his starting spot for next game, but of course Carlo will bench him.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 am

MoFattal wrote:I believe he was our best player last night. He was actually the only one able to penetrate the box. Surely, his final pass/shot needs improvement, but there were a couple of occasions where he broke through the defense and sent in a low cross but was surprised to have our other attackers all away on the far post. I think he is the only one who deserves to keep his starting spot for next game, but of course Carlo will bench him.

In the second half was close to goal 2 times,but there is definitely need for improvement in this aspect.Young Ribery put the scale so high for his heirs,its going to take some time.Trust the process.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 am

He may have improved a bit but he has a long way to go!
IMO we should abandon the wing play for good... We can never have Robbery back - 4-3-2-1 / 3-4-2-1 (just wing backs Kimmich and Alaba)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 am

ramsej84 wrote:He may have improved a bit but he has a long way to go!
IMO we should abandon the wing play for good... We can never have Robbery back - 4-3-2-1 / 3-4-2-1 (just wing backs Kimmich and Alaba)

You'd still need a coach with a vision for that, or it's all just empty numbers anyway...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:09 am

IsiahRashad wrote:In the second half was close to goal 2 times,but there is definitely need for improvement in this aspect.Young Ribery put the scale so high for his heirs,its going to take some time.Trust the process.

I don't believe that he will reach that level. Such a goof that Coman... His decision making sucks, his variety in dribble is limited, his finishing below average, non existent vision and we end up purely on his athletic attributes which can make him a great player for... Swansea,Werder or Deportivo. He has so much work to do in training that I don't if he has time to improve so much. I have lost my faith in him to be honest.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:09 am

Achilles wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:In the second half was close to goal 2 times,but there is definitely need for improvement in this aspect.Young Ribery put the scale so high for his heirs,its going to take some time.Trust the process.

I don't believe that he will reach that level. Such a goof that Coman... His decision making sucks, his variety in dribble is limited, his finishing below average, non existent vision and we end up purely on his athletic attributes which can make him a great player for... Swansea,Werder or Deportivo. He has so much work to do in training that I don't if he has time to improve so much. I have lost my faith in him to be honest.

What better winger do you believe we can get if we wont spend more than 40 millions? Lemar, Bernardo Silva, Sanchez, Dembele, Di Maria, are out of reach for this money. What will we get? Julian Brandt, or maybe... but just maybe... Draxler. But it will be on the limit because PSG already paid 40 millions on him.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:09 am

I forgot. For 30-40 millions we can get a Douglas Costa. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mircea_1984 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Pelin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 am

Swansea level player? You must be kidding. Ribery at 21 was playing for Gala in Turkish league. Actually l remember him playing for Gala. No finishing, no vision. All he do was dribbling like crazy and running.

Give time to kid. he is really stepping up. l hope he improves on ending up positions. Also l don't think he is that bad on that subjects. yep, he was so bad last year, yet he is also improving weak points at fast rate.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion