You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Fratelli d'Italia Rummenigge and Ancelotti... No way in hell would he blame his boy...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

#12 wrote:Fratelli d'Italia Rummenigge and Ancelotti... No way in hell would he blame his boy...

They weren't always like this. These are the same people that showed Heynckes the door (twice!) and also sacked Magath shortly after he became the first coach in Bundesliga history to win the domestic double in both of his first two seasons (something which Ancelotti has already failed to replicate). Perhaps old age has softened them.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Fratelli d'Italia Rummenigge and Ancelotti... No way in hell would he blame his boy...

They weren't always like this. These are the same people that showed Heynckes the door (twice!) and also sacked Magath shortly after he became the first coach in Bundesliga history to win the domestic double in both of his first two seasons (something which Ancelotti has already failed to replicate). Perhaps old age has softened them.

Well they always took long... In all fairness, Magath had less of a quality team...
But my point was Rummenigge and his "bro" Carlo... I mean, Rummenigge can't seriously be THAT much of a "Dummenigge" that he doesn't see this... But he's defending him still...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Well they always took long... In all fairness, Magath had less of a quality team...
But my point was Rummenigge and his "bro" Carlo... I mean, Rummenigge can't seriously be THAT much of a "Dummenigge" that he doesn't see this... But he's defending him still...

it might be a cover up... I guess that the next defeat he will lose it all
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Hopefully

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I can't believe I'm reading this crap. The board is not going to sack Carlo after three or four games. Don't let your hate for Carlo cloud your judgement. Not even Real Madrid would not do that.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 pm

The only thing clouding judgements is occasional high wins against shit teams and Kassai...
It's not hate, I was looking forward to him...

And it's not a few games... With the exception for one game against Dortmund, two against Leipzig (where one was entertaining as **** but still tactically poor...) and the usual Arsenal trashing we sucked ass in every game...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 am

gumboduncan wrote:I can't believe I'm reading this crap. The board is not going to sack Carlo after three or four games. Don't let your hate for Carlo cloud your judgement. Not even Real Madrid would not do that.

I don't know that it's quite so far-fetched. He won't get sacked anytime too soon, unless the wheels utterly fall off, but I don't think moving on in Winterpause is out of the question. Benitez had a great resume, arguably on the same level as Ancelotti, and he only got 25 games at Real Madrid. I can certainly say we've had more than 25 poor games under Carlo...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:54 am

aterford wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:I can't believe I'm reading this crap. The board is not going to sack Carlo after three or four games. Don't let your hate for Carlo cloud your judgement. Not even Real Madrid would not do that.

I don't know that it's quite so far-fetched. He won't get sacked anytime too soon, unless the wheels utterly fall off, but I don't think moving on in Winterpause is out of the question. Benitez had a great resume, arguably on the same level as Ancelotti, and he only got 25 games at Real Madrid. I can certainly say we've had more than 25 poor games under Carlo...

It won't a be an easy decision but this scenario could make it happen by the end of October:

We get trashed in Paris on Sept. 27th combined with a poor BL run that will place us 4th of 5th by the time we play in Leipzig on Oct. 25th and we get knocked out of the Pokal, then we fail to win on October 31st in Glasgow.

If we do not improve as a team, this can certainly happen and I doubt that the pressure that will build from now until then won't be enough to justify the sacking.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:51 pm

They won't sack him in the middle of the season, let's get serious. It's not very professional either, that ruins the reputation of the club for future employees.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fernandao_hmetal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 pm

endrity wrote:They won't sack him in the middle of the season, let's get serious. It's not very professional either, that ruins the reputation of the club for future employees.
We sacked LVG in the middle of the season and it didn't ruin shit.

Real Madrid sacked Benítez in the middle of the season and win back to back CL.

Your argument is flawed
fernandao_hmetal
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

endrity wrote:They won't sack him in the middle of the season, let's get serious. It's not very professional either, that ruins the reputation of the club for future employees.

The list of coaches I believe were fired:

- Heynckes (announced in January 2013 but he was meant to remain coaching until the end of the season)
- Van Gaal (fired on 10th April 2011 during the season)
- Klinsmamm (fired on 27th April 2009 during the season)
- Magath (fired on 31st January 2007 during the season)
- Rehhagel (fired on 27th April 1996 during the season)

So basically going by what happened in the last 21 years, Bayern coaches are usually fired during the season. Heynckes was the exception because his sacking was forward-dated to the end of the season.

I'm not aware of any Bayern coach who's firing was announced at the end of a season or during preseason. If anything, it was just announced that his contract would not be renewed which is different from firing.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Heynckess was not fired, and just like Pep, there was simply a new coach assigned much earlier.

The other were fired really late in the year, when objectives were not achieved or were at risk. Magath is the only true exception here and he was not fired a couple of weeks into the season.

fernandao_hmetal wrote:
We sacked LVG in the middle of the season and it didn't ruin shit.

Real Madrid sacked Benítez in the middle of the season and win back to back CL.

Your argument is flawed

See above. LVG was fired a couple of weeks before the end of the season.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm

endrity wrote:Heynckess was not fired, and just like Pep, there was simply a new coach assigned much earlier.

"We informed Jupp early on that we were in contact (with Pep Guardiola)," Hoeness said. "Of course he would have liked to have continued for another year, but in the end he decided this way. We are grateful that he didn't make a scene.

"We had the chance to get Pep Guardiola now and who knows when that would have been possible again."

OK, I was under the impression that Heynckes still had a year left on his contract. Therefore all coaches fired by Bayern in the last 21 years were fired during the season.

endrity wrote:The other were fired really late in the year, when objectives were not achieved or were at risk.

The others who were fired also had lower objectives and expectations than Ancelotti. For example, if we get eliminated in the German Cup 2nd round against RB Leipzig it would be fair to say that Ancelotti's job would not be safe.

endrity wrote:LVG was fired a couple of weeks before the end of the season.

Bayern's last competitive match of the 2010/11 season was on 14th May 2011, and after that Bayern played 3 post-season friendlies. LvG was fired on 10th April 2011. There was still over a month left in the season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm

When did we ever fire a coach a couple of weeks into the season? That I guess is the real question. When does a top team ever do that? It took Mourinho taking Chelsea to relegation zone to do that. Man U didn't do it for LVG and Moyes until the CL was lost. Most teams simply wait the entire year to evaluate.

And I am not really supporting Carlo here. I was kind of his fan to begin with but it seems like he has lost the team here.
endrity
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion