You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 pm

... it IS a long season but still, I can't help but wonder, if the team continues responding like this, will he renew next season?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Even if we continue this great form and win all the trophies we can (hopefully), I think he'll be leaving while on the top.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:40 pm

I think so too, and he deserves that. I said last season that if we win the CL and his wish is to retire on top, we should let him out of his contract.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:47 pm

WHATEVER happens this season - we win the treble, we win the Bayer treble again, whatever - Jupp should be leaving in the summer. Long-term planning involving a man who was born in the final days of World War 2 is quite simply something we shouldn't be doing.

However, the man deserves a lot of credit for how he has put the team playing. His first season was less impressive, so often we seemed devoid of ideas and toothless when we needed to push a goal at all costs (christ, I still remember the tremors of fear I had when we started lobbing the ball into the box and hope for miracles during Jupp's first BuLi game v Gladbach), but now that he's been with the team for a while and they understand what he wants them to do... it might just be that Jupp didn't have the resources to bring his vision into reality last season.

I guess he's not a fireman like Magath. Or to bring an historical comparison, he's no Mödel but a Rundstedt instead.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Heynckes was born on 9th May 1945, one day after the unconditional surrender of Germany.

And Model doesn't have an umlaut. :D

Apart from that I somewhat agree, I'd really love to see a long term option in the near future.

Spoiler: show
Technically I guess WWII went on in the pacific, but for all intents and purposes regarding Mönchengladbach it was one day over the day Jupp was born.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

I've been making an idiot out of myself, it seems, always pronouncing it with the umlaut. It sounds better, don't you think?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I have yet to find out how he was pronounced to be honest.

I'm like 100% sure it wasn't Model as in Runway Model.

But I've heard Model (with emphasis on a long "O")
And I've heard Model (which I personally prefer)

I have so far not found a sound document of one of his contemporaries pronouncing his name, which is pretty incredible considering I am a sucker for historic sound documents and have about a bajillion GB of political speeches (of all eras) on my hard drive.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:29 am

I think we owe Heynckes a lot. I mean personally quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass when he was born as long as he is well within acceptable age limits.

Now what sort of team would go and win the trophies and just say, 'you know what, we know there are coaches older than you out there, we know you have taken us boldly where no other coach has been before, but you are too old - we still want you raus." I am sorry but the concept of 'whatever happens he is out' is not only illogical, against the team's own interest and unbecoming; it is also quite ungrateful.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:15 am

Well first, he said he wants to leave whether it was on a high or a , God forbid, low. Second, even if we win everything this year, we would still be needing a long-term plan, and hence a new long-term coach, to take care of whatever needed recrifications/transfers to allow us to maintain the highest playing standards. So, renewing JH's contraxt for an extra ONE year is kind of a starting off the wrong foot.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:22 am

Jupp knows very well that he's going to end his career soon. Don't worry about it.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:50 am

MoFattal wrote:renewing JH's contraxt for an extra ONE year is kind of a starting off the wrong foot.

Quite valid point of view. I wouldn't use 'start' and 'Don Jupp' together however. :P

And I don't think we have a problem with one year deals, after all, we DID say we were interested in Pep-Talking, didn't we?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 pm

I would wait to see end of the season. If Jupp becomes a Bundesliga champion through total domination, I would extend his deal for one more year. But seems to it's more likely to see him retiring after this season.

I just expect from Heynckes that last 2nd part of the season won't happen again in Bundesliga.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

tflags wrote:after all, we DID say we were interested in Pep-Talking, didn't we?

Yes, but that WE is actually Christian Nerlinger, not Hoeneß, Rummenigge or someone 3rd. Nerlinger is no more part of our expert team.

We don't know what Sammer is thinking about that subject.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MoFattal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:39 pm

FCB general wrote:
tflags wrote:after all, we DID say we were interested in Pep-Talking, didn't we?

Yes, but that WE is actually Christian Nerlinger, not Hoeneß, Rummenigge or someone 3rd. Nerlinger is no more part of our expert team.

We don't know what Sammer is thinking about that subject.

Pfft, Nerlinger wouldn't even be able to get Pep's phone number :P
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 pm

MoFattal wrote:Pfft, Nerlinger wouldn't even be able to get Pep's phone number :P

Yeah, weird... That's why he apparently spoke with him about possibility to move after Jupp. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion