You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm

MoFattal wrote:It's not FIFA as a committee that votes. It's the member associations.

Yes. It is the NT coach and the captain, right?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:34 pm

tflags wrote:
MoFattal wrote:It's not FIFA as a committee that votes. It's the member associations.

Yes. It is the NT coach and the captain, right?

Yup. Three choices each. 3pts to choice 1, 2 to 2nd and 1 to third.
Top three for final day. Then the winner is announced and vote sheet is released.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Jupp Heynckes [Josef Heynckes]

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:21 am

Heynckes: Bayern Munich can rule Europe for the next decade [source]

Spoiler: show
The 68-year-old, who led the Bavarians to a historic treble last season, feels that the mentality and average age of the players bodes well for an era of domination

Jupp Heynckes says that former club Bayern Munich can rule Europe for the next decade.

The 68-year-old led the Bavarian outfit to a treble last season and says that the side he passed onto Pep Guardiola is perfectly placed to usher in an era of unprecedented dominance.

"A team structured like this, in terms of age, quality and mutual respect, has a great decade to come," Heynckes told Kicker.

"They are strong enough to remain the number one in Europe in the coming years."

Heynckes elected to retire from the game in the summer - despite being inundated with coaching opportunities after it was announced that he would be replaced at the helm by Guardiola - and he says he does not regret his decision to step back from the game.
"I have not found it hard to let go at all," he insisted. "That's because I always remained in the background and never sought the spotlight.

"On the contrary, it is a relief for me that I no longer have to make so many appearances in public!"
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:17 am

This man deserves some kind of honorary position at Bayern. =D>

The last day of this wonderful year has finally arrived. Hopefully it will not be etched in our memories as the only Bayern treble (we want many, many more :mrgreen: ), but for me it will always be remembered as Heynckes's year.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This man deserves some kind of honorary position at Bayern. =D>

He was asked for interview this question and he said "after all these year as a coach and player,I don't like an office position"
I can't find that particular interview right now but I'm pretty sure he said that he isn't interested for this job.

His decision(about retirement) was absolutely right and perfect timing,he retired as one of the most succesfull coaches for Bayern ever(treble,records,quality football) and as one of the most succesfull coaches in the history of football(2 CL trophies with two historic clubs) I'm happy for him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm

I meant an honorary position, like Beckenbauer. He wouldn't really be doing anything.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Evandro » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 am

Danke Jupp
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Die teufelshunde Bär » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 am

Jupp should take over Die Mannschaft, For myself and many I know Löw isn't the right man!
Die teufelshunde Bär
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MatZam » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 am

A big 'DANKE JUPP!'
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 am

:D
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 am

What a player! It's odd seeing him young though :D
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:05 pm

:lol: at the ball boy.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

The former Bayern Munich coach was in Barcelona to present an award to the ex-Blaugrana boss on Monday and dedicated some special words to the Catalan, who is battling cancer

Former Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes paid tribute to ex-Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova in an emotional speech in the Catalan capital on Monday night.

Heynckes was a special guest at the annual Mundo Deportivo gala and the 68-year-old dedicated some special words to Tito, who won the award for best coach but stayed at home to continue with his battle against cancer.

With Vilanova absent, Heynckes presented the prize to Barca's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta and read an emotive speech in immaculate Spanish.

"It's a great honour and a joy for me to be at this great gala and present this award to a distiniguished person: Tito Vilanova, " the former Bayern boss said. "With Tito, the team played fantastic football like in previous years."

And he added: "Tito is a great strategist. He's hard-working, reserved and brave - and he has a fluid relationship with the players.

"He is an example for the world of sport and the world in general - a gentleman. We wish you luck [in your recovery] - you deserve it. You're a champion of sport and in life - and in me you'll have a friend for life."

Heynckes also presented a gift to Zubizarreta for Vilanova on behalf of himself and Bayern's general manager Uli Hoeness.

"He summed up Tito in the way few have been able to," Zubizarreta said of Heynckes. "Tito couldn't be here [tonight] but is grateful to you all for this award. He is getting the care and attention he needs."

Heynckes' Bayern beat Vilanova's Barca in the semi-finals of the Champions League last season, en route to their treble success, before Tito's friend and former ally on the Camp Nou bench Pep Guardiola took charge of the German champions. [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Exclusive interview with Heynckes

It is a very interesting interview. I will try translating.

Spoiler: show
Heynckes: The conductor of an orchestra is nothing without the musicians

Jupp Heynckes ended his career when he was at the summit. At 68, Germany bowed in respect as he won an extraordinary treble with Bayern Munich: the Bundesliga, the German Cup, and the UEFA Champions League. The third highest all-time German top scorer, the former striker can be compared with the greatest coaches of all time.

On the individual level, Heynckes built his success on his huge experience and a mix between good humour and fighting spirit. His team made possession and pressing all over the pitch its main attributes. Newly retired, he now has time to reflect on his glorious past, without preventing him from enjoying the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Brazil (note: this sentence may be a little inaccurate). The 2013 FIFA Coach of the Year answered some questions from fifa.com.

Jupp Heynckes, you saw an extraordinary 2013, marked by three major titles. In hindsight, what do you think of those decisive weeks of last May?
The images show that we evolved to a much higher level, but especially also that this period was very rich in emotions. We were practically assured of winning the league, but we succeeded also in taking the Champions League and the German Cup. Those few hectic weeks deeply affected us. But when it comes to such critical moments, there is no time to reflect. It is like being in a tunnel. You must always look ahead to and prepare for the next match.

Were you immediately conscious of what you had achieved, or did it need some time to sink in?
Seeing the reactions of the players, their assistants, and people all around, one immediately understands that something important had happened. We realised we had reached the summit. We discussed the final of the Champions League for only a short while after winning it. Then we addressed the German Cup final. In those conditions, it was not easy to stay focused and motivated. Players like Arjen Robben, Franck Ribéry, Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Daniel van Buyten and Claudio Pizarro played a crucial role in this historic triumph because of their experience.

You were voted the 2013 FIFA Coach of the Year. What does this award mean to you?
It is a joy and an honour to receive such an award. But a football team is like an orchestra. The conductor of an orchestra is nothing without the musicians, and vice-versa. A team always needs a great coach, but to win titles one must have world-class players. I had the chance to experience this situation last year. Everything came together for Bayern to succeed in this achievement. The team, coaching staff, and management were on the same wavelength. Everyone played his part, from the equipment team to the equipment manager. The treble is a result of our determination and passion. Self-discipline and collective discipline made the difference. We won because everyone put his personal ambitions second to the team.

The Bundesliga had two nominees: Jurgen Klopp and yourself. Should it be seen as a recognition of the work done in Germany?
It's interesting to note that the Bundesliga now has a positive image abroad. The level, the stadiums, the family-friendly atmosphere, and the style of play are arguments in our favour. It proves that the German FA have made the right decisions in recent years. I am thinking, for example, of the creation of training centres. German football has never seen such an abundance of talent.

Three offensive players - Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, and Franck Ribery - were shortlisted for the FIFA Ballon D'Or. As a former striker, how do you feel about this?
All three players are exceptional. They each possess rare qualities. Messi won the Ballon D'Or four times in a row. He is a genius, on the same level as Diego Maradona and Pele. Cristiano Ronaldo is fabulous. His playing style, his physique, his effectiveness... everything about him is more than normal. There is no one like these two players. For his side, Franck Ribery has become the name associated with Bayern Munich these past two years. He is also comfortable in finishing as well as assisting, even if he is perhaps not as bright as the other two. However, he learned to work for others and to participate defensively. This was crucial to our success last year. Franck Ribery has made great progress in this area.

If you had to choose between the footballers of the 70s and those of today, which would you prefer?
Every age has its players. One cannot compare them. If Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, or Günter Netzer were born 30 years later, they would have benefited from the training techniques present and would also have become greater players. Circumstances change. For this reason, it is not easy to pick the best player of all time. Maradona, Pelé, Messi, Zidane, Cruyff... they are all fantastic.

Let us talk about the 2014 FIFA World Cup. What are Germany's chances?
I think there are chances, even though we know it is not easy to win in South America. Climactic conditions and long distances will complicate our task. But we have a huge choice of talent. We have two players for each position. There remain, however, important questions. Will Sami Khedira be in a condition to play? Will Schweinsteiger be at his best? Will Ilkay Gundogan be called? There remain these questions, but for me, Germany is one of the favourites, together with Argentina, Brazil, and Spain. Traditionally, it is very hard to win in South America. Yet we must go there with ambition and loudly proclaim: "We want to become world champions!" I think we must put the players in this state of mind. That's what I did at the beginning of last season with my team. I told my men that we could win it all as long as we play at our best. At this level, all the small details matter. We must therefore work to create a virtuous circle. Bayern arrived there last year. Germany therefore have every chance of winning the world cup in 2014.

You won the world cup in 1974. What does this title mean for a player?
It is the ultimate title. A player who wins the Champions League is already recognized internationally. But the World Cup also serves to develop players. It regularly discovers new talents. This will be the case in Brazil. I expect to see a team rise from the ashes, like the phoenix. There will certainly be disappointments. Some favourites will not meet expectations. Despite the climate and the long distances, I think we will experience a very beautiful competition.

You have always worked with clubs. Were you never interested in the national team post?
I received three offers from the DFB. The first time, I was at Benfica. I decline the other two because I prefer to work daily with my players. Honestly, I have no regrets. My choice has allowed me to live my passion. The evolution from day to day and the communication with the players has always been close to my heart. All this has allowed me to grow professionally and personally. In selection, things happen differently. Anyway, what is done is done. Meanwhile, I no longer need to ask myself the question.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Don Jupp can retire and sleep like a baby. Danke! =D>
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag: